• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

So great news for me: My interview has been scheduled for April 11.

Interesting deviation from what was expected: My husband was called by the office, informed they have been trying to call me for the past week (I now realize that I have several missed calls from them: I automatically send unknown callers to voicemail due to spam) and that they then resorted to calling him as my derivative. He was offered our interview slot and asked to confirm if that worked for us (of course he forgot that I was going on vacation that day, but of course I will also be cancelling the plans). He was told we'll now receive the interview notice in the mail.

I'd had no idea of the chance of getting called, or else I would have changed the setting on my phone to allow unknown numbers to get through. So maybe word to the wise for others.

Interesting deviation from what was expected: My husband was called by the office, informed they have been trying to call me for the past week (I now realize that I have several missed calls from them: I automatically send unknown callers to voicemail due to spam) and that they then resorted to calling him as my derivative. He was offered our interview slot and asked to confirm if that worked for us (of course he forgot that I was going on vacation that day, but of course I will also be cancelling the plans). He was told we'll now receive the interview notice in the mail.

I'd had no idea of the chance of getting called, or else I would have changed the setting on my phone to allow unknown numbers to get through. So maybe word to the wise for others.
Wow that's cool. Lucky your husband answered the phone LOL.

Good luck to you!

Wow that's cool. Lucky your husband answered the phone LOL.

Good luck to you!
LOL right?! they didn't leave voicemails to me, just a few missed calls that my phone didn't display. A couple of months ago I got a creepy scammer call, and while I knew it was a scam it really unsettled me so I set up diverting unknown numbers. I would now probably advice anyone with their case being handled in New York to make sure that they don't have that setting!

I was booking flights to visit a friend in Cali, just two working days, and said while booking 'I bet this tempts fate and they schedule our interview for one of these days.'

LOL right?! they didn't leave voicemails to me, just a few missed calls that my phone didn't display. A couple of months ago I got a creepy scammer call, and while I knew it was a scam it really unsettled me so I set up diverting unknown numbers. I would now probably advice anyone with their case being handled in New York to make sure that they don't have that setting!

I was booking flights to visit a friend in Cali, just two working days, and said while booking 'I bet this tempts fate and they schedule our interview for one of these days.'
Haha that's adult life, right? Imagine the vacation and relief once your GC has been approved!

Thanks for the update. Looks like the NYC FO realized they dropped the ball big time for DV 2024 AOSers and are now trying to make sure that does not happen again.

Hi,

I've been very mindful of not actioning anything related to the AOS process until knowing our CN was going to become current. This is because if we aren't successful with the DV lottery that we still need to apply for renewals of our E3 non-immigrant visa's. Therefore, we haven't completed the DS-160.

We are now less than 10 numbers away from becoming current in OC region. Yay!

1. Thinking now is a good time to pay the AOS fees. Does paying an AOS fee jeopardize future non-immigrant visa's if we are unsuccessful?
2. If we need to move quickly, can we submit the AOS package without the AOS receipt (if we haven't received it back in time)?

Thank you!
I am here with my wife on an E2 (E2 is like E3 but for the rest of the world :) ).
We have submitted the DV package in Oct 15, 2023 and still waiting for the interview. We have also submitted for our E2 renewal with USCIS in Nov. Both me and my wife got our E2 approved last week.
Our attorney said there is no way USCIS will not renew the E2 because we applied for AOS because the first time the E2 visa was issued (2011) we had no intent to immigrate.
Here is something from the USCIS that you want to read “
Nonimmigrant intent. An alien classified under section 101(a)(15)(E) of the Act shall maintain an intention to depart the United States upon the expiration or termination of E–1 or E–2 status. However, an application for initial admission, change of status, or extension of stay in E classification may not be denied solely on the basis of an approved request for permanent labor certification or a filed or approved immigrant visa preference petition.

214.2(e)(2)(5)”
Hope this helps

Hi all,
What does it mean when you get a text message from the lockbox saying your case was received, followed with a receipt number? Does it mean that your application was accepted?

Hi all,
What does it mean when you get a text message from the lockbox saying your case was received, followed with a receipt number? Does it mean that your application was accepted?
It means application received and accepted by the Lockbox.

I am here with my wife on an E2 (E2 is like E3 but for the rest of the world :) ).
We have submitted the DV package in Oct 15, 2023 and still waiting for the interview. We have also submitted for our E2 renewal with USCIS in Nov. Both me and my wife got our E2 approved last week.
Our attorney said there is no way USCIS will not renew the E2 because we applied for AOS because the first time the E2 visa was issued (2011) we had no intent to immigrate.
Nonimmigrant intent. An alien classified under section 101(a)(15)(E) of the Act shall maintain an intention to depart the United States upon the expiration or termination of E–1 or E–2 status. However, an application for initial admission, change of status, or extension of stay in E classification may not be denied solely on the basis of an approved request for permanent labor certification or a filed or approved immigrant visa preference petition.

214.2(e)(2)(5)”
Hope this helps
Your lawyer is correct. However, I hope they also pointed out where there might be an issue, which is if for some reason the AOS application is not approved, and you need to apply for a new E2 "visa" from your local US embassy, (following an earlier departure) to enable you return to the US, the demonstrated immigrant intent will come into play at that point.

Hello, could someone help to find links to the DV2022 AOS Timeline and DV2021 AOS Timeline spreadsheets, please? Or just share the links, please.

Your lawyer is correct. However, I hope they also pointed out where there might be an issue, which is if for some reason the AOS application is not approved, and you need to apply for a new E2 "visa" from your local US embassy, (following an earlier departure) to enable you return to the US, the demonstrated immigrant intent will come into play at that point.
This is honestly our biggest concern. I see on the non-immigrant visa application, the question asked is "Has anyone filed an immigration petition on your behalf"?

Have you heard anecdotal information of NIV's being denied after an unsuccessful AOS attempt? Or is it more of a conversation with the CO explaining what happened during the AOS process?

214.2(e)(2)(5)”
Hope this helps
Thank you, appreciate you taking the time to provide that info. Very helpful!

This is honestly our biggest concern. I see on the non-immigrant visa application, the question asked is "Has anyone filed an immigration petition on your behalf"?

Have you heard anecdotal information of NIV's being denied after an unsuccessful AOS attempt? Or is it more of a conversation with the CO explaining what happened during the AOS process?
Yes, there have been reported cases of NIV applications being denied following a demonstrated immigrant intent. There have also have been reports of approval of NIV applications in such situations. They’re all determined on a case by case basis.

Your lawyer is correct. However, I hope they also pointed out where there might be an issue, which is if for some reason the AOS application is not approved, and you need to apply for a new E2 "visa" from your local US embassy, (following an earlier departure) to enable you return to the US, the demonstrated immigrant intent will come into play at that
Yes. They also said that there is no other choice if we want AOS via DV.

Hello. I spoke with EMMA to request any updates on my case. She informed me that my case is being processed at the Chicago Field Office. Is this a positive sign? I applied in January (NBC). Thank you

Hello. I spoke with EMMA to request any updates on my case. She informed me that my case is being processed at the Chicago Field Office. Is this a positive sign? I applied in January (NBC). Thank you
The information you got isn’t a sign of anything.

Have you done your biometrics? Could you upload your info in the timeline sheet?