• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,

@kikou55 I just realized that you changed your timeline. Previously you had written that you received the card without an interview. Congrats whenever you received your approval. By the way, your case number became active in January, not December.

It looks like your interview was simple.
Hi it was, thanks for your kind words :)
Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while.
I didn't realize the information that I was not entering in the spreadsheet could be an issue. I did not want to bother the lawyers with steps they had done for me hence why I don't know some parts of the process.
I can remove the line to not cause any trouble!
Best

Alright thank you. Quick question if another jurisdiction or FO issues a green card when it was not supposed to be under their jurisdiction, is that a problem or it doesn’t matter who issued the green card.

I didn't realize the information that I was not entering in the spreadsheet could be an issue. I did not want to bother the lawyers with steps they had done for me hence why I don't know some parts of the process.
Best
Hi,

No problem. Firstly why are you worried about bothering the lawyers? Havent you already paid them? It is their job to inform you about your case.

Thanks for sharing your info. I think the collaboration in this forum helps us all. The biggest issue in your timeline was that you created an impression your case was approved without an interview in January. Then you entered the interview dates, which confused me among some other people. That's why sm1smom briefly moved your row to the bottom of the page. I am not a moderator here but a regular member like you so I cant say you should removwle your row. But right now it looks fine

Best
Hello! @kikou55 Congratulations! :)
Deleting something or adding information is your personal business. Make the decision yourself.
But please answer the most common question that doesn't require the intervention of lawyers:

In what city was your interview??
(In spreadsheet you indicate FO in Chicago, but ASC - New York City)

Hi,

No problem. Firstly why are you worried about bothering the lawyers? Havent you already paid them? It is their job to inform you about your case.

Thanks for sharing your info. I think the collaboration in this forum helps us all. The biggest issue in your timeline was that you created an impression your case was approved without an interview in January. Then you entered the interview dates, which confused me among some other people. That's why sm1smom briefly moved your row to the bottom of the page. I am not a moderator here but a regular member like you so I cant say you should removwle your row. But right now it looks fine
Yes I have, it's more asking questions about things they have filed for me a couple months ago.
Thanks

Hello! @kikou55 Congratulations! :)
Deleting something or adding information is your personal business. Make the decision yourself.
But please answer the most common question that doesn't require the intervention of lawyers:

In what city was your interview??
(In spreadsheet you indicate FO in Chicago, but ASC - New York City)
My interview was in NYC!

Hi,

I've been very mindful of not actioning anything related to the AOS process until knowing our CN was going to become current. This is because if we aren't successful with the DV lottery that we still need to apply for renewals of our E3 non-immigrant visa's. Therefore, we haven't completed the DS-160.

We are now less than 10 numbers away from becoming current in OC region. Yay!

1. Thinking now is a good time to pay the AOS fees. Does paying an AOS fee jeopardize future non-immigrant visa's if we are unsuccessful?
2. If we need to move quickly, can we submit the AOS package without the AOS receipt (if we haven't received it back in time)?

Thank you!

On the AOS timeline spreadsheet, I noticed a couple of people received 2NL from KCC but they didn't complete the DS-260.

1. What letter is this and should I have received something? We are not completing the DS-260.

Hi,

I've been very mindful of not actioning anything related to the AOS process until knowing our CN was going to become current. This is because if we aren't successful with the DV lottery that we still need to apply for renewals of our E3 non-immigrant visa's. Therefore, we haven't completed the DS-160.

We are now less than 10 numbers away from becoming current in OC region. Yay!

1. Thinking now is a good time to pay the AOS fees. Does paying an AOS fee jeopardize future non-immigrant visa's if we are unsuccessful?
2. If we need to move quickly, can we submit the AOS package without the AOS receipt (if we haven't received it back in time)?

Thank you!
1. Making the payment signifies an immigrant intent. The impact of such a move on future NIV is something that can only be determined by a CO.

On the AOS timeline spreadsheet, I noticed a couple of people received 2NL from KCC but they didn't complete the DS-260.

1. What letter is this and should I have received something? We are not completing the DS-260.
2&1. These are all covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet. I recommend you spend some quality time going over the spreadsheet.

Hi mom,

I just realized that the interview notice is a form G-56. Is it normal to recieve form G-56 for an initial interview, or is this all in my head?