• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

1) I got strange experience getting cashier's check from two separate banks. First bank asked me Payee's address (and I provided lockbox address) and second bank didn't ask me the payee's address. I asked the second bank's teller (she appeared new to Job- I am not Judging her) about the need for the Payee's address. She said its not required. Has anybody experienced similar situation? Is something wrong in not asking/requiring payee address?
2) I don't need to sign or write anything in the back of the Cashier's Check right?

Appreciate your response.

Last edited:
Is it safe to provide emma my fully address and date of birth?
An emma live agent asked me this and it felt like I just wanna make sure it’s ok

Is it safe to provide emma my fully address and date of birth?
An emma live agent asked me this and it felt like I just wanna make sure it’s ok
You initiated the contact with Emma, did you not? If yes, then you need to provide them with whatever information is being requested in order to look up or provide updates on your case.

Hi Mom,

A few years ago, I unintentionally fell out of status due to a misunderstanding with my Designated School Official (DSO). It was my mistake not to notify my DSO that I had enrolled in a new program. Despite being a full-time student and not violating any visa terms, my status was terminated because my DSO incorrectly assumed I had dropped out of school. I regained my status after submitting supporting documents to USCIS proving that I didn't violate my visa terms and it was just a mistake.

For question 17 ("Have you ever VIOLATED the terms and conditions of your visa?"), I am considering answering "yes" and providing an explanation on the last page, along with submitting my I-797A with my AOS package. What do you think?

Hi Mom,

A few years ago, I unintentionally fell out of status due to a misunderstanding with my Designated School Official (DSO). It was my mistake not to notify my DSO that I had enrolled in a new program. Despite being a full-time student and not violating any visa terms, my status was terminated because my DSO incorrectly assumed I had dropped out of school. I regained my status after submitting supporting documents to USCIS proving that I didn't violate my visa terms and it was just a mistake.

For question 17 ("Have you ever VIOLATED the terms and conditions of your visa?"), I am considering answering "yes" and providing an explanation on the last page, along with submitting my I-797A with my AOS package. What do you think?
**Considering answering “no”!

Hi Mom,

**Considering answering “no”!
You’ll have to use your best judgement on this please.

Hi,

@kikou55 I just realized that you changed your timeline. Previously you had written that you received the card without an interview. Congrats whenever you received your approval. By the way, your case number became active in January, not December.

It looks like your interview was simple.

Just want to clarify the early filing process.

If my number appears in the advance notification section in the May bulletin (released April), effectively showing current for June.

Am I able to early filing as of May 1st? Or is it as early as the date the May bulletin is released (sometime between April 8th-15th)?

Just want to clarify the early filing process.

If my number appears in the advance notification section in the May bulletin (released April), effectively showing current for June.

Am I able to early filing as of May 1st? Or is it as early as the date the May bulletin is released (sometime between April 8th-15th)?
Every VB has a published date at the very bottom (it's usually a few days earlier than the actual date when VB is available for download from DOS site). You're eligible to file AOS "on or about that date" as per Early Filing memo. There's an example in the memo on page 3.
[1] https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/memos/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

Hi @Sm1smom, hope you are well. I was wondering if there are any other ways to contact someone rather than texting Emma. Once it gets closer to September, is there any way to maybe check or ask or is it just luck to get the interview before that?

Hi @Sm1smom, hope you are well. I was wondering if there are any other ways to contact someone rather than texting Emma. Once it gets closer to September, is there any way to maybe check or ask or is it just luck to get the interview before that?
Chatting with Emma or calling the USCIS 1-800 number (if you're able to manipulate the automated answering service to connect you with a live-person) are the only direct ways of contacting USCIS. Depending on how long your case has been waiting for an update, you may also initiate a congressional case inquiry assistance

Hello, I'm having difficulty obtaining a copy of the DV administrative payment receipt. I've corresponded with KCC via email and have finally received a scanned copy of a receipt notice. This cover letter was sent by my attorney via FedEx to DoS as a follow-up to our initial communication. Should I consider this as confirmation of receipt, or should I request something else?

Attachments

• DV_Fee_Receipt.JPG
    DV_Fee_Receipt.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hello, I'm having difficulty obtaining a copy of the DV administrative payment receipt. I've corresponded with KCC via email and have finally received a scanned copy of a receipt notice. This cover letter was sent by my attorney via FedEx to DoS as a follow-up to our initial communication. Should I consider this as confirmation of receipt, or should I request something else?
That is your payment receipt.

That is your payment receipt.
Thank you for the confirmation. Just to clarify, is it acceptable that the document doesn't match the original form from the travel.state.com website? While it differs visually, the content remains the same though.

Attachments

• Original.JPG
    Original.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 12
Thank you for the confirmation. Just to clarify, is it acceptable that the document doesn't match the original form from the travel.state.com website? While it differs visually, the content remains the same though.
I think you are overthinking about it. I am not an expert, but it has the same information. Trust what Sm1smon said.

Hello! This is what I have written since December 15, 2023. "Case Was Received​

On December 15, 2023, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status..."

Do you think everything is fine? What should I do? Just wait?​

Hello! This is what I have written since December 15, 2023. "Case Was Received​

On December 15, 2023, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status..."

Do you think everything is fine? What should I do? Just wait?​

Add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet, this will give us a better insight into your case processing and subsequently enable us provide an appropriate response to your questions.

I wanted to provide an update on my case. I submitted a congressional inquiry on March 5th. Then, an officer from my Field Office contacted me via email, informing me that they had received my inquiry. They also sent us a copy of the interview notices in that email. Our interviews are scheduled for April 22nd.