• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello,
As a student currently employed on-campus, I need to obtain employment verification. However, the university's designated school official (DSO) requires me to provide the exact reason for needing verification. I'm concerned about potential repercussions with the DSO if I state that I need it for adjustment of status (AOS). Alternatively, I've been told I can use my offer letter as verification, but it seems unofficial. So, my main question is: would stating that I'm applying for AOS cause any issues with the university DSO? And if yes, can I simply attach my offer letter as employment verification?

Thank you

Hello,
As a student currently employed on-campus, I need to obtain employment verification. However, the university's designated school official (DSO) requires me to provide the exact reason for needing verification. I'm concerned about potential repercussions with the DSO if I state that I need it for adjustment of status (AOS). Alternatively, I've been told I can use my offer letter as verification, but it seems unofficial. So, my main question is: would stating that I'm applying for AOS cause any issues with the university DSO? And if yes, can I simply attach my offer letter as employment verification?

Thank you
I dont know if the employment verification is a must have document. I submitted my offer letter, and my i485 was accepted. Will the IO require the employment verification is a different story.

So, can I get it if I get an interview?KCC wrote to make an appointment with local USCİS.
I can’t predict if you’ll successfully complete the process or not from an asylum pending status. Some similar cases have been approved in the past, while some have equally been denied. If you take a look at some of the past Timeline spreadsheets, or the DV Tracker spreadsheet (link in my signature, you will find more information about those referenced cases.

So basically there’s only one way for you to find out about your case, apply for AOS (if you have the means to), keep your fingers crossed while waiting for the outcome.

My attorney insists that KCC should issue and send "actual fee receipts" with numbers provided on the top right corner of my notification receipt. Is that correct?
Your attorney clearly has no idea what the DV Administrative fee receipt looks like.

Hello,

Thank you
The AOS Process spreadsheet says Employment Verification Letter OR Employment Letter which is the same as an Offer Letter.

I wanted to provide an update on my case. I submitted a congressional inquiry on March 5th. Then, an officer from my Field Office contacted me via email, informing me that they had received my inquiry. They also sent us a copy of the interview notices in that email. Our interviews are scheduled for April 22nd.
That is awesome.

Hello,

Thank you

I personally attached recent payslips and job offer letter with a copy of my SSN in my package.

You wouldn’t be able to get all of this if it was “unofficial”

Hi Mom,
I completed my biometric. I went through the files. I had a question. Is the interview waive or interview required decision taken by NBC or the FO?
Thanks.

Hi I’m having an issues my online status hasn’t been updating even after submitting the REF and receiving a REF early February, anything I can do about that ?

Hi I’m having an issues my online status hasn’t been updating even after submitting the REF and receiving a REF early February, anything I can do about that ?
Add your case processing updates to the Timeline spreadsheet to give us a better insight into your case and for us to respond accordingly.

Does the CS medical have to be done in the state that you’re filing AOS?

For example: Can I start preparing my AOS package, get medical completed and then we move states right before we need to submit - so end up filing in our new state?

Hello @ Reigns (#22 in DV 2024 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet).
Is your field office no longer in Chicago,IL?? :eek:

Hi @nnnnn (#17 in DV 2024 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet).
Didn't find you on the forum with this nickname. I don't insist, but it would be great to be in touch with you on this forum. ;)
We have a difference in filing time of only a month (same FO, even same current status).
Please let me know when something changes in your case. I will also let you know here on this forum in this thread.

Hey my friend @Plus19
How is it going? any changes?
[ «:fingers crossed:» ]
By the way, contacting Emma's living agent turned out to be not so difficult. But I have no luck with them, they only provide me a link to check the status.... :rolleyes:

@gruss The field office depends on the close proximity of your zip code I believe. The lockbox was in Chicago but the FO is in IOWA.

I do have a question on this tho. So I just updated my new address and I realized the new FO for my new address will be different from where my current case is. Will the address change lead to any delays such as internal transfers of my case?

Does the CS medical have to be done in the state that you’re filing AOS?

For example: Can I start preparing my AOS package, get medical completed and then we move states right before we need to submit - so end up filing in our new state?
Haven’t heard of any report of this being an issue in the past.

@gruss The field office depends on the close proximity of your zip code I believe. The lockbox was in Chicago but the FO is in IOWA.

I do have a question on this tho. So I just updated my new address and I realized the new FO for my new address will be different from where my current case is. Will the address change lead to any delays such as internal transfers of my case?
Relocating to a new address which falls under a different FO after filing for AOS has been known to be an issue. The FO with jurisdiction over the address listed on the AOS application will need to forward the application to the new FO with jurisdiction over the new address once a connection is made with the new address.