• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom hope you are well,
I had a few more questions:
1- Just to make sure, my husband should file I 134 for my dv lottery application right? On internet I read there is also I 865 for financial support not sure if that valid for dv lottery though, but to make sure I 134 can be filed between husband and wife right? That's what I filled so far for dv lottery application.

2- In the Adjustment of status I have only entered my employments, but if there is a period of time where I was unemployed and a student should I add that period as unemployed as well, or is it enough to only add the employed time periods in the last 5 years, even though there is months of unemployment in between in the form, I mean if I didnt include an employment for a period of time it means I am not employed, but do they want me to specifically add that period as well as unemployed, I wasn't sure?

3- I was thinking of adding this paragraph in my cover letter to explain my situation a little bit, do you think this is a good idea? or if there are irrelevant parts? Just wanted to explain it a little more for them. Please let me know if this is ok to add in your opinion?
'I, Jane Smith have entered the United States with B2 Tourist visa on 01/02/21. Applied for Asylum in the third month of my arrival, before my tourist visa expired. And currently am an Asylum Pendee waiting for an interview. I applied for dv lottery 2024 as Jane Andrews, then got married and changed my last name, the marriage certificate has been attached. My husband is not included in the dv lottery application since he is already a citizen.'

Thank you so much for al your help

Hi @Sm1smom hope you are well,
I had a few more questions:
1- Just to make sure, my husband should file I 134 for my dv lottery application right? On internet I read there is also I 865 for financial support not sure if that valid for dv lottery though, but to make sure I 134 can be filed between husband and wife right? That's what I filled so far for dv lottery application.

2- In the Adjustment of status I have only entered my employments, but if there is a period of time where I was unemployed and a student should I add that period as unemployed as well, or is it enough to only add the employed time periods in the last 5 years, even though there is months of unemployment in between in the form, I mean if I didnt include an employment for a period of time it means I am not employed, but do they want me to specifically add that period as well as unemployed, I wasn't sure?

3- I was thinking of adding this paragraph in my cover letter to explain my situation a little bit, do you think this is a good idea? or if there are irrelevant parts? Just wanted to explain it a little more for them. Please let me know if this is ok to add in your opinion?
'I, Jane Smith have entered the United States with B2 Tourist visa on 01/02/21. Applied for Asylum in the third month of my arrival, before my tourist visa expired. And currently am an Asylum Pendee waiting for an interview. I applied for dv lottery 2024 as Jane Andrews, then got married and changed my last name, the marriage certificate has been attached. My husband is not included in the dv lottery application since he is already a citizen.'

Thank you so much for al your help
1. Form I-864 is not applicable to DV based applications. A diligent review of the AOS Process Spreadsheet would have shown you this. If you have no means of personally demonstrating financial self sufficiency, your spouse (who is not filing for AOS as your derivative) or any other person who meets the applicable financial requirements can provide you with an I-134.
2. The form is not asking for unemployment history/information. Provide strictly what the form asks for, and stop overthinking/over-analyzing the information you’ve been requested to provide.
3. This is completely unnecessary. This (attempt at explaining “your situation” to them) will more likely get your case flagged, as against being helpful in the long run. Providing unsolicited information such as this upfront is never recommended. They can figure out your situation on their own.

1) For Part 1 Q.25a, we are suppose to provide the category of our last arrival in the box right?
1703638187411.png

2) Why should i write N/A for Q.26C and 27 in Part 1? I am on TN permit. It should be TN and TN for Q26c and Q27 right?
1703638406837.png

Attachments

• 1703638297716.png
    1703638297716.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 8
try certified translation services online. A google search "certified translation services" will show up a bunch of them. I emailed them for a quote and got a discount. they charged 20 per page, in a language other than yours, but I think you will be covered!
Thank you!

Hi @Sm1smom ! Thank you for the answer it makes perfect sense,

Could you also help me with these questions if available?
1-I have added I-134 and the sponsor's( husband) w2's, pay slips, tax returns, emplyment letter, ID etc.
I do not work right now, I only have 2022 w2 and tax return, should I add those or is it unrelated since I already added I 134 and I don't work right now?

2- To make sure for the:
• I-797 Notice of Action – For current and past Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only

I have:
-Form I-797C notice of action, that I got for a biometrics appointment after filing for Asylum
-I 797 Notice of action, that I got saying 'we have approved your employment authorization'

Should I add the copies for both of the above, or should I give only one, wanted to ask your opinion, I have not yet gotten an interview for asylum so I have these so far.

3- When adding these documents do you think I should add the I797 ones under the personal documents such as, copies of passports, ssn, marriage certificate, school diploma etc, or should I add it with the eligibility letters 1nl, 2nd nl, receipt fee etc?

Thank you so much, you are helping me so much, I really can't thank you enough.

Hi @Sm1smom ! Thank you for the answer it makes perfect sense,

Could you also help me with these questions if available?
1-I have added I-134 and the sponsor's( husband) w2's, pay slips, tax returns, emplyment letter, ID etc.
I do not work right now, I only have 2022 w2 and tax return, should I add those or is it unrelated since I already added I 134 and I don't work right now?

2- To make sure for the:
• I-797 Notice of Action – For current and past Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only

I have:
-Form I-797C notice of action, that I got for a biometrics appointment after filing for Asylum
-I 797 Notice of action, that I got saying 'we have approved your employment authorization'

Should I add the copies for both of the above, or should I give only one, wanted to ask your opinion, I have not yet gotten an interview for asylum so I have these so far.

3- When adding these documents do you think I should add the I797 ones under the personal documents such as, copies of passports, ssn, marriage certificate, school diploma etc, or should I add it with the eligibility letters 1nl, 2nd nl, receipt fee etc?

Thank you so much, you are helping me so much, I really can't thank you enough.
1. You can decide to include or not include them - it is your call.
2. Those I797 NOA are not evidence of current or past visa status, so not applicable, Only the initial I-797 received from filing the asylum application is applicable.
3. You can follow the listing on the "AOS Package" tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet to figure out how to arrange your documents.

Dear Mom, could you please confirm that I'm interpreting this question correctly because I have some doubts.
Question 68 b (i485) Have you ever received a long-term institutionalisation at a government cost?
1. I'm thinking this question is about hospitals, right?
I've been an exchange student for 1 academic year when I was a kid sponsored by American government. That would not mean I was "institutionalised", correct?
2. I'm still right by answering I was never using a benefit from the government?

Thank you very much.

Dear Mom, could you please confirm that I'm interpreting this question correctly because I have some doubts.
Question 68 b (i485) Have you ever received a long-term institutionalisation at a government cost?
1. I'm thinking this question is about hospitals, right?
I've been an exchange student for 1 academic year when I was a kid sponsored by American government. That would not mean I was "institutionalised", correct?
2. I'm still right by answering I was never using a benefit from the government?

Thank you very much.
1. Correct
2. Correct

Dear Mom, sorry for another question, but this one is pretty tricky for me.
61 Are you subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212 (a)(4)?

So I know the majority of DV applicants would answer "yes" to this one. But I studied the document with the list of those who are exempt and it says:
"Applicants seeking temporary protected status (TPS);[51]"

We arrived with Ukrainian humanitarian parole and applied for TPS (still "actively reviewed" progress status).
Does it make us an exemption? So should we answer "no" to the question 61?
As for me, answering "yes" would be easier, but I want to make sure there will be no mistakes on the form and no space for additional questions etc. So I'm actually thinking answering "no" but still answering to the questions about income, liabilities and education. Let me know if this is a bad idea.
1. What in your opinion would be the right thing to answer ton this one and do to avoid mistakes?

P.S. Can't thank you enough for all the help and the materials you've gathered for us!

Dear Mom, sorry for another question, but this one is pretty tricky for me.
61 Are you subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212 (a)(4)?

So I know the majority of DV applicants would answer "yes" to this one. But I studied the document with the list of those who are exempt and it says:
"Applicants seeking temporary protected status (TPS);[51]"

We arrived with Ukrainian humanitarian parole and applied for TPS (still "actively reviewed" progress status).
Does it make us an exemption? So should we answer "no" to the question 61?
As for me, answering "yes" would be easier, but I want to make sure there will be no mistakes on the form and no space for additional questions etc. So I'm actually thinking answering "no" but still answering to the questions about income, liabilities and education. Let me know if this is a bad idea.
1. What in your opinion would be the right thing to answer ton this one and do to avoid mistakes?

P.S. Can't thank you enough for all the help and the materials you've gathered for us!
Are you submitting an I-485 for adjustment of status or an I-821 for TPS? If you’re filing an application for TPS, you’re not subject to INA 212(a)(4). If you’re filing for a DV based AOS, you like every other selectee filing for AOS (and not just the majority of DV selectees) are subject to INA 212 (a)(4).

Are you submitting an I-485 for adjustment of status or an I-821 for TPS? If you’re filing an application for TPS, you’re not subject to INA 212(a)(4). If you’re filing for a DV based AOS, you like every other selectee filing for AOS (and not just the majority of DV selectees) are subject to INA 212 (a)(4).
Thank you so so much! It explains a lot and I will pass on the information to fellow Ukrainians because many of us were mistaken about this one. Thank you and hope you have a great holiday season and a happy New Year!

Hello . I highly appreciate your effort to help the queries of people like us in delima about our dv 2024.

I am selected as primary applicant for dv 2024 from Nepal with case number arojnd 9500s. My husband is in USA since last 8 years with pending asylum as it is taking much much longer . He gave interview with immigration Officer but this result is not out since 2 years now and still waiting just for result. My query is that
Can he do AOS from USA even with pending asylum process.

2. Does his pending asylum affect my chance of getting green card from DV.

Hi Mom,
I am the primary winner of dv, presently in OPT.I am sending my pay slips and financial documents with my package. My wife is in dependent visa f2. Will I have to send form I 134 for her ?
Thanks

Hello . I highly appreciate your effort to help the queries of people like us in delima about our dv 2024.

I am selected as primary applicant for dv 2024 from Nepal with case number arojnd 9500s. My husband is in USA since last 8 years with pending asylum as it is taking much much longer . He gave interview with immigration Officer but this result is not out since 2 years now and still waiting just for result. My query is that
Can he do AOS from USA even with pending asylum process.

2. Does his pending asylum affect my chance of getting green card from DV.
1. At this point, AOS seems to be his only option IMO considering if he goes the CP route, he’ll need to depart from the US in order for o attend his interview. If he leaves the US while his asylum case is pending, that case will be considered abandoned and subsequently denied. Plus he could be facing a 10 year bar from the US if he’s deemed to have accrued an illegal presence due to an overstay of 1 year or more.

2. Yes it can impact the GC approval if he does not have any other valid status outside of his pending asylum as asylum pending is technically speaking not a status.

Happy New Year 2024 @Sm1smom !

I had a quick question: I have included my details in the G-1145 form. But for my derivative applicant's G-1145 form, do I include my details, or that of my spouse?

Thank you!

Happy New Year 2024 @Sm1smom !

I had a quick question: I have included my details in the G-1145 form. But for my derivative applicant's G-1145 form, do I include my details, or that of my spouse?

Thank you!
Each applicant’s details on the G-1145 form that gets included in their individual AOS package.

Hello,
Happy New Year!
We have had tickets related to parling tickets and two car registration sticker not displayed properly over a span of last 25 years. We don't have past tickets available. These tickets don't appear in the historical driving records. How do i document this information in I-485?
Appreciate your feedback.

Last edited: