• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom, I am checking my documents today before I send them in, I have a silly question just to make sure about the signature places.

Other than the boxes that it asks us to sign in the forms, and if we use a separate blank paper at the end, on top of the additional info space, we don't have to sign anywhere else right? No signature for the supporting documents, copies etc. just the boxes in the forms right?

like these:
1704217687586.png

Hello,
Happy New Year!
We have had tickets related to parling tickets and two car registration sticker not displayed properly over a span of last 25 years. We don't have past tickets available. These tickets don't appear in the historical driving records. How do i document this information in I-485?
Appreciate your feedback.
There are two examples of how to document instances of ever been cited on the I-485. Have you taken a look at those?

Hi @Sm1smom, I am checking my documents today before I send them in, I have a silly question just to make sure about the signature places.

Other than the boxes that it asks us to sign in the forms, and if we use a separate blank paper at the end, on top of the additional info space, we don't have to sign anywhere else right? No signature for the supporting documents, copies etc. just the boxes in the forms right?

like these:
View attachment 4501
Just follow the instructions you've seen on either the forms you're filling or it instructions that comes with them. Don't over-analyze the process. The I-485 form and the applicable instructions are quite detailed on what is expected, without you second guessing yourself.

There are two examples of how to document instances of ever been cited on the I-485. Have you taken a look at those?
Yes, unlike as shown below from the example, I don't have the dates for the ticket. I have approximate year when we got the tickets. My tickets dont appear in the driving records.
1704231734892.png

Hi,
Does someone have more information to explain the DV2024 CEAC Data ?
Are there any chances to be called for an interview through adjustment of status with case number EU66xxx?

Hi,
Are there any chances to be called for an interview through adjustment of status with case number EU66xxx?
Youtube:

DV Lottery Greencard | Live CEAC data for DV 2024​

Britsimon (recommend subscribing to his youtube channel) does an amazing job explaining the nuances... The focus is more on CP but he does talk (projection) about upto what CN may show up in Visa Bulletin.

Hello,

I will greatly appreciate your help with several question regarding I-485 form. My visa status have been F-1 during last 5 years and it currently remains the same (my OPT started in December 2023).

1. For the last five years, I have been a PhD student in a US university and I have been getting a stipend either as a teaching assistant or as a research assistant. Is it mandatory to include this information in employment history (item number 11 - 14.b) ?
2. I also had a paid summer internship for 10 weeks (I obtained CPT for that). Should I include this information to the employment history?
3. Item number 62 (size of the household) - I am currently living with my girlfriend (not a spouse). My marital status is single, never married. Is it correct to not include her to the household?
4. Item number 63 (household income) - is the question about the annual household income before tax? Also, my annual household income before tax is in different categories for different years. Should I indicate it for the last year?
5. Additional information - I am using the following format for indicating the additional address for the address history. Is this format acceptable?
1704249944500.png

Hi there. I am a second-year college student on an F1 visa, and I have been engaged in on-campus employment for a semester. The income from this employment was relatively small. I am currently in the process of filing for adjustment of status, and I am uncertain whether I need to submit my tax documents considering the limited earnings from my on-campus job. Thanks

Hi,
Out of 22505 cases in EU, only 217 have case number greater than 2024EU66000.
To put that into perspective: last year (FY23) they've made roughly 17k cases current with the final cutoff of 32000.

Hello,

I will greatly appreciate your help with several question regarding I-485 form. My visa status have been F-1 during last 5 years and it currently remains the same (my OPT started in December 2023).

1. For the last five years, I have been a PhD student in a US university and I have been getting a stipend either as a teaching assistant or as a research assistant. Is it mandatory to include this information in employment history (item number 11 - 14.b) ?
2. I also had a paid summer internship for 10 weeks (I obtained CPT for that). Should I include this information to the employment history?
3. Item number 62 (size of the household) - I am currently living with my girlfriend (not a spouse). My marital status is single, never married. Is it correct to not include her to the household?
4. Item number 63 (household income) - is the question about the annual household income before tax? Also, my annual household income before tax is in different categories for different years. Should I indicate it for the last year?
5. Additional information - I am using the following format for indicating the additional address for the address history. Is this format acceptable?
View attachment 4505
1&2. Not mandatory. You however can use your discretion as in whether to include them or not.
3. Your girlfriend wouldn't be a part of your household member if they're not listed as a dependent on your federal income tax return.
4. Yes. Yes.
5. You could do that. Personally, I wouldn't. I would just list the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number under 3a, 3b, 3c. And in 3d, I would basically write out the full address without (without the 7a-7e numbering) and the duration (dates) also without the numbering.

Hi there. I am a second-year college student on an F1 visa, and I have been engaged in on-campus employment for a semester. The income from this employment was relatively small. I am currently in the process of filing for adjustment of status, and I am uncertain whether I need to submit my tax documents considering the limited earnings from my on-campus job. Thanks
This is optional, you can use your discretion on whether to include your personal tax documents or not.

Hi!

I have my biometrics appointment booked for in a few days, I just received the confirmation.
Do you have a general idea of the time between this appointment and the reception of the green card?
Sorry if that is a dumb question but can't quite see it in the timeline spreadsheet! Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have my biometrics appointment booked for in a few days, I just received the confirmation.
Do you have a general idea of the time between this appointment and the reception of the green card?
Sorry if that is a dumb question but can't quite see it in the timeline spreadsheet! Thanks in advance!
How long it takes to get the GC following bio completion varies due to several factors such as each FO's workload, each FO's method for processing DV based AOS cases (some approve without an interview, some process the cases and schedule the interviews as soon as received, while some prefer to batch up such cases and wait towards the end of the FY regardless of when it was filed), the applicant's background check completion and clearance, etc.

It is not a dumb question. The information is actually available on the spreadsheet, if you know where to look for it and how to pull it out. If you deduct the Bio Schedule Date (or Bio walk-in date in the case of those who did walk-ins) from the CPO date or GC Received date, you will get a general idea of how long on average it took.

p.s. you should add your case progress to the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet so that others may benefit from you same way you're benefitting from the existing information.

How long it takes to get the GC following bio completion varies due to several factors such as each FO's workload, each FO's method for processing DV based AOS cases (some approve without an interview, some process the cases and schedule the interviews as soon as received, while some prefer to batch up such cases and wait towards the end of the FY regardless of when it was filed), the applicant's background check completion and clearance, etc.

It is not a dumb question. The information is actually available on the spreadsheet, if you know where to look for it and how to pull it out. If you deduct the Bio Schedule Date (or Bio walk-in date in the case of those who did walk-ins) from the CPO date or GC Received date, you will get a general idea of how long on average it took.

p.s. you should add your case progress to the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet so that others may benefit from you same way you're benefitting from the existing information.
I have added it to the spreadsheet!
Thanks for your answer :)

I have added it to the spreadsheet!
Thanks for your answer :)
Can you also fill out the other details/dates before the bio scheduled date? The only information you've added is really not useful to anyone else right now as it is.

Hi MOM

Thank you for your answering.

My case number is AS8XXX, but the number progression in Asia are generally very slow, and there has been a stagnation even in the last two months. I am very concerned that my case will only reach 'current' at a very late stage. Do you think I have a chance to interview within the United States? Because I believe that the AOS interview may be delayed longer than CP, but I cannot leave the United States. So, I am very worried that I might miss the opportunity.

Hi MOM

Thank you for your answering.

My case number is AS8XXX, but the number progression in Asia are generally very slow, and there has been a stagnation even in the last two months. I am very concerned that my case will only reach 'current' at a very late stage. Do you think I have a chance to interview within the United States? Because I believe that the AOS interview may be delayed longer than CP, but I cannot leave the United States. So, I am very worried that I might miss the opportunity.
I cannot predict the potential to be interviewed or not. However, since you "cannot leave the US" per your post, processing AOS is your only option in that case anyways.

Hello mom, I was recently doing my I-693 and was told that I need a new Covid 2023-2024 vaccine booster. My previous shot was more than a year ago.

I haven’t found anything about it online but they said there were notified by USCIS. Is that true?

Out of 22505 cases in EU, only 217 have case number greater than 2024EU66000.
To put that into perspective: last year (FY23) they've made roughly 17k cases current with the final cutoff of 32000.
I didn't understand.
Does it mean there are chances for numbers above 66k ?