• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello mom, I was recently doing my I-693 and was told that I need a new Covid 2023-2024 vaccine booster. My previous shot was more than a year ago.

I haven’t found anything about it online but they said there were notified by USCIS. Is that true?
Yes, that is correct per CDC guidelines:

COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement​

I didn't understand.
Does it mean there are chances for numbers above 66k ?
I think what he meant is that your figures are significantly higher than last year's audited numbers. There were 22k people ahead of you, but only 17k were selected for interviews last year. So, based on last year's scenario, you don't have a chance to get an interview. However, everything is uncertain, so good luck to you

Has anyone following this thread received any updates after their biometrics appointment?
I see on the AOS spreadsheet that the only finalized application is for the Humanitarian Parole case and at the sane time no updates on the other cases. Just wondering…

Has anyone following this thread received any updates after their biometrics appointment?
I see on the AOS spreadsheet that the only finalized application is for the Humanitarian Parole case and at the sane time no updates on the other cases. Just wondering…
No update. Still waiting. I asked the tier 1 agent through Emma. They said my case has been at the local office since November 28.

Can you also fill out the other details/dates before the bio scheduled date? The only information you've added is really not useful to anyone else right now as it is.
I am working with a lawyer who has been taking care of everything else so I am not quite sure of the dates.
I will check with him and fill out as much as I can!

Thanks
Chiara

I am working with a lawyer who has been taking care of everything else so I am not quite sure of the dates.
I will check with him and fill out as much as I can!

Thanks
Chiara
Thanks for looking into this and for the update.

You should know things like your ASC (which is listed on the bio letter you received), the FO and your applicable Lockbox which you can find out on your own though. The dates can be guesstimates I guess based on updates you’ve received from your lawyer when they were getting ready to file.

Just so to be clear and to ensure other folks do not get confused, the referenced approved case had nothing to do with the applicant’s HP status.

Same for me. I did my biometrics mid November and still waiting. We will see..

Hello Mom,

How does one 'prove' that the dependent was included in the original DV submission?
If you saved a copy of your entry registration back in 2022, you can use that as proof of having included your eligible dependents.

Hi, mom

I have a very stupid question. I cannot find my high school diploma, but I have my undergraduate, master and PhD diplomas. Can I just bring those documents to prove I have met the requirement?

Thank you for your last answer as well.

For whom do these new COVID vaccine requirements apply? The civil surgeon signed my I-693 in mid-November, and I did not receive any Covid dose in 2023, nor did the civil surgeon inquire about it. Although there was no explicit cut-off date listed, at the top of the page, it states, 'As of November 29, 2023, the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement has been updated.' However, my case was filed in late-December. I hope this does not cause any confusion on the part of USCIS.

Hi, mom

I have a very stupid question. I cannot find my high school diploma, but I have my undergraduate, master and PhD diplomas. Can I just bring those documents to prove I have met the requirement?

Thank you for your last answer as well.
It is uncommon, but there were a few instances where the IO required verification of the High School Diploma despite the higher education.

For whom do these new COVID vaccine requirements apply? The civil surgeon signed my I-693 in mid-November, and I did not receive any Covid dose in 2023, nor did the civil surgeon inquire about it. Although there was no explicit cut-off date listed, at the top of the page, it states, 'As of November 29, 2023, the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement has been updated.' However, my case was filed in late-December. I hope this does not cause any confusion on the part of USCIS.
If your medical report was signed mid-November which is before Nov. 29th when the COVID-19 vaccine requirement got updated, then IMHO it means it’s not applicable to your case regardless of when it was filed.

It is uncommon, but there were a few instances where the IO required verification of the High School Diploma despite the higher education.
Thank you! My family just helped me locate my HS diploma. I plan to have them send it to the United States soon.

Hi Mom,

My friend has agreed to file i134 form for me (benificiary). Quick questions from form i134:
1. In part 2 item 16 (Beneficiary's Assets), can I include my spouse's Bank account as assets?
2. If I am not filing form i134 on my own behalf, I should NOT sign the i134 but only the sponser, right?

Thanks a million!

Hello mom
I was filling the I485 form and had a doubt regarding my name. I have a first,middle and last name (surname). I’m abbreviating my name as LLV.
My I 94 and I20 mentions my first name as LL and last name as V. My passport mentions first name as LLV with no surname. So in i485 they have asked additional names, should I mention the passport version as First name: LLV and Last name: FNU?