• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

All will be ok, just be comitted in Prayers, i have seen hell in this USA, during my adjustmnet of status, in my case i had to do a two year waiver, and it took me five months to be approved, missed biometrics, and all waht not, but the good news is my greencard was approved on the 27th, all to the glory of God, please be strong in Prayers,
I believe that prayers are stronger when offered by others. I would be so grateful if you could include me in your prayers. I really need green card…

Hi all
A quick update on my walk in yesterday. We had our interview scheduled for the 25th of this month and due to the tweet from Curtis we got really scared. I was the main applicant and my wife was the beneficiary. I have been in the USA for 10yrs with a pending asylum. I came in with a B2 visa and have had not status since then. We were really frustrated with my case pending and last year my wife decided to give it a shot for the DV lottery. Luckily enough we were randomly selected with me been the main applicant. We had a very high case number and everybody kept telling us that we will not make it. We kept our fingers crossed and September VB came and we were current. But we still didn't believe we could make it because we just had two months left. We filled late July and August 2nd was our priority date. On the 08/09/24 fingerprint were applied to my case and my wife's fingerprint were scheduled for 08/27/24. September 10th we received our interview letter scheduled for the 25th of same month. After reading and watching brittsimoms YouTube video about the visa exhaustion and the DV program ending on the 23rd, we started developing other strategies. Considering the fact that i have been in a the US that long I was so worried to loose this opportunity. On 09/18/2024 we decided to try our luck for a walk-in. We arrived at the FO at 10am and went directly to the security check. The lady saw our IL and didn't see the date and asked my wife if we had interview today and my wife said yes. She allowed us pass and when we got at the check in desk we explained our problems to the guy that was there and showed him the tweet and he immediately called for a supervisor. When she came ( very nice woman) she asked if she could take a picture of the tweet we said said and she said they are not aware of that but we should follow her so she can see what to do to help us. Luckily enough the officer handling our file was present and didn't have much to do. She then called us and said we will do our interview yesterday same day. The interview was brief and she told us that our case was already approved at the level of DOH because they saw that we were eligible. She said she didn't even know why we had to came for an interview. She immediately approved our case and in our presence and showed us in the system that it was approved and she ordered the card already. She said there was already a visa allocated to our case and even if we came on the 30th of this month they would have been a visa for us. So as of yesterday our GC is been produced and we are super happy. Please for those still waiting with interview letters try walk-ins. One this she told us that helped our case is that me and my wife have never violated our status and and good background check. We own our own businesses and have employees and pay alot of taxes so that really contributed to our eligibility. Thanks everyone for the contributions even though some were really stressful when you read them.
Hi! So so happy for you!
I have the same situation, I have a pending asylum but I had my interview on Thursday and they said I’m not eligible for DV but gave me a shot (for some reason) to come in on monday and prove smth to them ?! It’s odd but I’m coming in tomorrow to fight for it.

I was j1, filed for political asylum while still being in status, and have been pending ever since, but also have a tps on top