• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Your lawyer’s claim about TPS being forgiving in this case is wrong. According to the USCIS Manual:
For purposes of adjustment of status under INA 245, a noncitizen with TPS is considered as being in and maintaining lawful status as a nonimmigrant only during the period that TPS is in effect.[58] TPS does not cure any previous failure to maintain continuously a lawful status in the United States.[5]

However you and your lawyer may be able to argue your failure to continuously maintain your previous lawful status was due to USCIS’s inaction on your pending asylum case, (depending on how long you maintained that status for after filing for asylum).
So mom, is it true that someone who has a pending asylum case is not maintaining their lawful status if their previous status has expired?

Hi everyone,
I want you to advice me. Since I have a skin condition caused me not to have fingerprints. I have contacted with congressman assistant and he talked to Dallas field officer and he told him I need to submit other documents. So, I have done that last Monday. Also, his contact told that is under the reviewing and should make decision soon. Do you think I should walk in to dallas field office and try to talk with the supervisor??? Or just wait for any update??.
Hi, are there any updates on your case , were you able to walk in to FO and talk with the supervisor?

Guys, do you think there's any chance they continue scheduling interviews/approving without an interview after September 30 for those who's applying on AOS based on DV lottery if the case is already in the FO ?

Guys, do you think there's any chance they continue scheduling interviews/approving without an interview after September 30 for those who's applying on AOS based on DV lottery if the case is already in the FO ?
By law everything has to be approved in the system by Sept 30, so no.

There can be no approval after Sept. 30th since the FY will already be over by then.

Congratulations for everyone. I am so happy as well. My case changed to new card production. Thank you for all your support and good advice. I wish the best for everyone.
Congratulations!

So what happened with your finger prints? Did they end up getting a good reading, or did your additional paperwork help your situation?

Congratulations for everyone. I am so happy as well. My case changed to new card production. Thank you for all your support and good advice. I wish the best for everyone.
I'm also applying in Dallas, please tell me what steps did you do to expedite your request, what helped?

For my case details:
08/02 submitted my Aos package according to spreadsheets. I followed everything and read everything carefully.
08/08 received text message.
08/17 received biometric appointment for 08/29 (here my husband case status but nothing for me)
09/11 talked by phone with our congressman's assistant and ask him to follow my case.
09/12 received another request for biometric
09/13 went to another biometric appointment. At the same day talked to Emma and live agent told they sent me third request for biometric appointment.
09/16 submitted police clearance and 2 courts clearance from the county and the congressman submitted to USCIS at the same day.
09/23 went to field office to see if I can talk with the supervisor.
I have done infopass as recommendation from the security team. I lost hope completely
09/25 new card production
For my case I think biometric issue was main thing hold my case. Due to my skin condition there is no way I would have clear fingerprints. What I learned from my journey,
Emma live agent does not know anything about your case.
Talking to a congressman who can follow your case is really important for you if you think your case is taking long time or having issues like mine.
I really appreciate all the valuable spreadsheets and the knowledge @Sm1smom and other members do.
We were thinking we wouldn't make it as my case number was high and we need help for lawyers.
I wish the best to everyone here.

Does the case status have to change to "Case Approved" before or on Sept. 30th, or "New Card Is Being Produced" status is already considered as an approval?
It is not necessarily about which status update shows up when, considering case could be approved without seeing any status update as a matter of fact - the GC could just show up in the mail. The important thing is for the IO to have adjudicated and approved the case by the end of the FY.

For my case details:
08/02 submitted my Aos package according to spreadsheets. I followed everything and read everything carefully.
08/17 received biometric appointment for 08/29 (here my husband case status but nothing for me)
09/11 talked by phone with our congressman's assistant and ask him to follow my case.
09/13 went to another biometric appointment. At the same day talked to Emma and live agent told they sent me third request for biometric appointment.
09/16 submitted police clearance and 2 courts clearance from the county and the congressman submitted to USCIS at the same day.
I have done infopass as recommendation from the security team. I lost hope completely
For my case I think biometric issue was main thing hold my case. Due to my skin condition there is no way I would have clear fingerprints. What I learned from my journey,
Talking to a congressman who can follow your case is really important for you if you think your case is taking long time or having issues like mine.
I really appreciate all the valuable spreadsheets and the knowledge @Sm1smom and other members do.
We were thinking we wouldn't make it as my case number was high and we need help for lawyers.
Congratulations. Happy to learn you got through.

For my case details:
One last question please: where did you obtain Police and Court Clearance letters? Is there a special office I should attend in Dallas or any local police/court is ok?