• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Thank you, my case is at the National Benefits center, and I am in San Diego. But I am gonna try to go in tomorrow anyways and see if any of the officers can help me out.
The case file is already at your FO, not NBC since your bio already got scheduled by the NBC.

Oh no! This is so messed up. I'm so sorry. Not sure what's going on with your case. How old are your kids by the way?

Yes that is possible. Derivative's file could be accepted ahead of the main applicant's. The derivative's case however will not be approved ahead of the main applicant's (except for one or two instances which I vaguely remember the IO approving the derivative's case while the main applicant's was still pending).
They are 3 and 5 years old.

And the last question is, is it possible to request for refund at least for the one they made a mistake on accepting the payment ?
Yes, it is possible.

Fees submitted to USCIS are generally non-refundable regardless of the ultimate decision on the benefit request or how much time is required to issue a decision.[25] There are a few exceptions to this rule, such as if USCIS makes an error that results in the inappropriate filing of a form or if USCIS collects the wrong fee.[26]

If a benefit requestor believes they are entitled to a refund of a fee, the requestor should contact the USCIS Contact Center or submit a written request for a refund to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over the benefit request.

USCIS reviews the request for a refund and either approves or denies the request based on the available information. If the officer finds USCIS made an error, the officer should complete a Request for Refund of Fee (Form G-266). USCIS then notifies the requestor of its decision on the request. All Forms G-266 must be signed by a District or Service Center Director, or a person within the chain of command that has been delegated that authority.

Status finally changed to new card is being produced. I really do appreciate @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Xarthisius and everyone involved in this forum for answering my question without fail and always being so helpful without any hesitation. If I didn't find this forum I wouldn't have known about the fees associated with the DV process and I would have sat and wait until it gets denied after the program ended. I'm truly indebted to you guys!! Hoping everyone can get their cases adjudicated in time as well.

Thank you. The IO kindly listened my arguments and held my highlighted printouts for further review to make a final decision regarding early filing. My case still have background check pending, so I only need to hope for the best during next couple days.
My status had changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" couple minutes ago. Same question: does that mean success? Or there are more potential obstacles down the road?

Status finally changed to new card is being produced. I really do appreciate @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Xarthisius and everyone involved in this forum for answering my question without fail and always being so helpful without any hesitation. If I didn't find this forum I wouldn't have known about the fees associated with the DV process and I would have sat and wait until it gets denied after the program ended. I'm truly indebted to you guys!! Hoping everyone can get their cases adjudicated in time as well.
Congratulations and thanks for the update.

I love this forum in the last week of the FY because it’s so nice seeing all the “new card produced” updates!! …. never mind all the stress along the way
Yeah, me too. Seeing how the FOs do their best at approving most, if not all, cases within the last week of the FY, year after year, is quite exciting.