• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Share your concerns with the agent when you go in. You could proactively ask about an alternative option.

When did you reschedule for?
Tomorrow morning.

Today, I have done my second biometric appointment. I have checked to see any update online but there is no any change. I talked to agent who took my fingerprint and she told me that the second one is to confirm the first one. I am starting lose hope as the result and request to take it again took 12 days. To provide police clearance for me will need another 2 weeks.

Today, I have done my second biometric appointment. I have checked to see any update online but there is no any change. I talked to agent who took my fingerprint and she told me that the second one is to confirm the first one. I am starting lose hope as the result and request to take it again took 12 days. To provide police clearance for me will need another 2 weeks.
By the way, my file at Dallas field office. I don't know what I should do at this point.

Hello mom,
I just received my SSN card and it has ‘Valid for Work only with DHS Authorization’. Is it normal?
Yes it is normal, if you had your SSN originally issued prior to becoming a LPR. If you want a SSN card without the DHS restrictions written on it, you’ll need to visit your nearest SSA office with your GC to apply for a replacement SSN card.

It is quite normal to not see any update at this point. There’s nothing you can do, but to wait and see.

Called USCIS they informed me my case is at the FO. What should I expect next interview/RFE. I did my bio on 09/10.
I a little worry because we are close to 50K visa issued so far.

Last edited:
I did not add the actual aos fee receipt in my package. I only added photos of the money order with my case number and department of state address and screenshot showing it has been cached.
Also, In the spreadsheet under Torie you will have some additional details of ma case I added some comments.

I did not add the actual aos fee receipt in my package. I only added photos of the money order with my case number and department of state address and screenshot showing it has been cached.
Also, In the spreadsheet under Torie you will have some additional details of ma case I added some comments.
I have heard of people just taking the AOS fee receipt to the interview with them (if one gets scheduled).

FYI - if you have contact with your Congressperson's office, I actually sent my receipt to them and asked them to forward to the USCIS IO - which they did and my interview got waived. Just to add that I already had done a Congressional Inquiry and established communication with them before sending over the receipt.

I did the same thing and then sent a copy of my DOS receipt with a separate envelope. I hope that your evidence was enough. I didn’t get any RFE.
As an option you can try to bring a copy of this receipt to your FO with the additional explanation that it’s an add-on to your I-485 and list all information about you (Name, date of birth, address, receipt number and etc.) and give it to security guards or ask to call supervisor.
This is just my suggestion of what else you can do to remind about you

Last edited:
Hello good people my interview have been scheduled for the 25th of this month. Do you guys think I have a chance of having a visa if approved. Thanks for your responses in advance

Hello good people my interview have been scheduled for the 25th of this month. Do you guys think I have a chance of having a visa if approved. Thanks for your responses in advance
It’s not clear to me from your only prior post what status you are on, it seemed like you might not have a status? What was the i539 for 9 years ago that you didn’t get a response for? What have you been doing about your status since then?

I have a pending asylum and I'm saying this because I was selected for the dv 2024. Is there a chance that my case will be approved considering that i have a pending asylum case? Will I have a visa or visas will be exhausted before my interview date?

I have been writing to them and calling and even requested then to expedite my case they told me to wait. So not sure of what you mean by " what have you been doing with your status since then"

I have a pending asylum and I'm saying this because I was selected for the dv 2024. Is there a chance that my case will be approved considering that i have a pending asylum case? Will I have a visa or visas will be exhausted before my interview date?
I’m confused. You said you filed i539. That is not an asylum application. Did you mean i589?

Anyway I think you need to be more concerned with whether or not you were ever out of status (which is a bar to adjustment) than whether visas will be exhausted. I can’t say I understand enough about your case to make a judgement on this.

I think is in AOS spreadsheet it explains about AOS with pending asylum you can read up on it to give you a rough idea about your case