• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

wait, what? you did your biometrics today, and got your card in production same day? I see that it's a randomizer, some folks waiting for months, some get same day with bio, weird...
anyway congrats!
Thanks. I was waiting for 36 days before Lockbox did something with my package, it was really stressful and now I can’t believe that the rest of the process is so smooth

wait, what? you did your biometrics today, and got your card in production same day? I see that it's a randomizer, some folks waiting for months, some get same day with bio, weird...
anyway congrats!
It is actually not unusual for some applicants to clear the background check within one or two hours of the bio appointment being completed. The bio check is initiated as soon as the bio collection gets completed. And if the IO responsible for adjudicating the case happens to not be busy with other cases, nothing stops them from approving the case on that same day. This just goes to show the IO assigned to this particular case is quite familiar with DV based AOS cases, and had already done everything else they needed to do (as in reviewing the case, requesting and receiving the KCC), and was basically waiting for the background check to be concluded. So as soon as they got notified of the cleared background check, they went ahead and approved the case.

Tbh, I was looking for this information here on the forum.
A year ago, visas expired in September, and before there was no timeline spreadsheet

Not sure what you mean by "before there was no timeline spreadsheet" considering we have Timeline spreadsheets for going as far back as 2011 as a matter of fact.
Exactly

its also perhaps quite illuminating to read the actual threads by year to see more descriptions of personal experiences. Pretty easy to get to the relevant date to see the last week or two of the FY in each thread, it’s not like you need to read thousands of posts.

I've already gone. The security guard didn't let me in without an appointment
You could try again and tell them you do have an appointment because you received a phone call, but that you didn't get the interview letter in time. I had to do that for my interview and they let me in despite having no proof of the appointment. Worth a try.

You could try again and tell them you do have an appointment because you received a phone call, but that you didn't get the interview letter in time. I had to do that for my interview and they let me in despite having no proof of the appointment. Worth a try.
You do realize they have ways of verifying such claims? Making such a claim is not worth the risk IMHO!

You do realize they have ways of verifying such claims? Making such a claim is worth the risk IMHO!
As I understood it, it's only for securityquard, to go inside and talk to someone there

I was thinking about it. But how can I find the right officer inside? Who should I ask for help?
Exactly

its also perhaps quite illuminating to read the actual threads by year to see more descriptions of personal experiences. Pretty easy to get to the relevant date to see the last week or two of the FY in each thread, it’s not like you need to read thousands of posts.
My bad, I found all the timeline
Thanks again

As I understood it, it's only for securityquard, to go inside and talk to someone there

I was thinking about it. But how can I find the right officer inside? Who should I ask for help?

My bad, I found all the timeline
Thanks again
Yeah that's what I was thinking, just to get past security. When I got inside another security person told me what floor to try, and I spoke to someone there, who sent me to the right place - of course I did have an appointment though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, just to get past security. When I got inside another security person told me what floor to try, and I spoke to someone there, who sent me to the right place - of course I did have an appointment though.
Just because the security guards at your FO did not have a list to cross check names of people saying they were asked to come in at the entrance doesn’t mean that is how all the FOs operate.

And how far do you think you might have gone without an appointment? How would you have known who to ask for? Or whether they would have seen you? mostly they are pretty booked up with appointments. What do you think they would have done when they found out you lied to get inside?

We spoke to security guard today at our FO (exactly in the room where immigration interviews take place) to try to speak with someone about our case and he said that the only way to get some information is to call to the USCIS and say “infopass escalate” to be contacted with a representative who have access to such kind of information.

We spoke to security guard today at our FO (exactly in the room where immigration interviews take place) to try to speak with someone about our case and he said that the only way to get some information is to call to the USCIS and say “infopass escalate” to be contacted with a representative who have access to such kind of information.
I call there every week. They have the same information as me

Well. I went to the FO and talked to the supervisor. There are 3 cases left under consideration and today there is no officer considering these cases. He will be back on Monday. Last week they reviewed 9 cases
He said that I'm ok cuz I have a visa and it's visas that are limited, not green cards, my CN is equal to the visa

Well. I went to the FO and talked to the supervisor. There are 3 cases left under consideration and today there is no officer considering these cases. He will be back on Monday. Last week they reviewed 9 cases
He said that I'm ok cuz I have a visa and it's visas that are limited, not green cards, my CN is equal to the visa
Hi! How did you manage to go inside? Did you have a lawyer with you?