• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

dont worry. If u received RFE they wont call u for interview… good luck

The mail could be anything, however there’s no point speculating as to what they could be. So just be patient and wait for them to show up in your mailbox.
Guess what it was, lol... Interview letter for tomorrow ! and.... interview letter for September 6th......... Which of course I have never been informed of, and Emma never mentioned anything about..

Hello,
I really appreciate all your advice. My husband and I have done our biometric appointment on 29/08. I talked to Emma live agent to see if there is any update. He said nothing the last update was biometric received. Also, he said he doesn't know if the biometric screen is finished. We just worried that we will not able to get interviewed before the end of the month. Is there anything we can do ????
I have received today another request to take biometric appointment on 9/18 as I have a skin condition don't not allow to show my fingerprint at all . Is there anything I can do in this point ??. Even if I go again nothing they will not get my fingerprint???
Any advice????

Hi @Sm1smom,
I have initiated congressional inquiry last week, but Kansas City FO still hasn't replied. Our cases were transferred on August 21st and we did not get any updates afterwards. I also initiated a senatorial inquiry and Tier 2 officer request to call back 2 days ago. There is dead silence from the FO and we are worried about the short time left. What else could I do to get more updates? Should I do ombudsman request? Would that help at all?
Ombudsman wouldn't get you any result at this point, I wouldn't recommend it, but you can initiate one if you like.

The primary essence of a congressional inquiry is to bring cases to the attention of the FO, in case the case has somehow fallen through the cracks, and if your congressman's office has already contacted your FO, then it means your case and the pending sunset factor surrounding it has been brought to your FO's attention. Your FO, will do their best to accommodate the case based on their applicable workload/schedule. The FO does not necessarily have to immediately respond to congressional inquiry, they are allowed up to 30 days before sending over their response. Escalating to your senator is the same as sending the inquiry from the house of reps office. So you basically just have to keep on waiting while keeping your fingers crossed, and checking in with your congressman's office to see if there's any update.

Of course you can also visit your FO and hope the security guards allow you into the building to speak with someone about your case.

Hi Mom,

I received an answer to my last appeal to the congressman:
«Good afternoon,
I was just at a meeting with USCIS yesterday and it was relayed all visa's in this category would be adjudicated by the deadline. There is nothing more for office to do at this time.»

It was a week ago. There are still no changes in my case and I'm losing hope more and more.
What else can I do in my case? Any advice?
Keep your fingers crossed while waiting or visit your FO and hope the security guards allow you into the building to speak with someone about your case.

I have received today another request to take biometric appointment on 9/18 as I have a skin condition don't not allow to show my fingerprint at all . Is there anything I can do in this point ??. Even if I go again nothing they will not get my fingerprint???
Any advice????
First of all, don't wait until 9/18. Login into your USCIS account, and use both the scheduled date and your receipt number (listed on your NOA) to reschedule the bio appointment to an earlier date, see if you can find an opening for today or tomorrow to enable you attend the appointment earlier.

If they're still unable to obtain clear prints from you due to your skin condition, they will provide you with instructions on how to go about obtaining a police clearance certificate from within the US.

Hi my case is in LA Field Office. No Updates. I filled out a congressman inquiry two weeks ago. Yesterday, I spoke with the USCIS advisor in the Congressman's office, who told me that they haven't received a response from USCIS on my behalf. The last update is that my case has been transferred to LA FO on 09/05/2024. I sent a package to the Senator's office yesterday asking if he can contact USCIS...Don't know if it will do much at this point, just hoping it will work out at the end.
@romanpanbread do you have any updates regarding your case from Santa Ana? I went down to Santa Ana Field office; the guards were very nice but they said they wouldn't let anyone in without interview appointments and even helped me with setting up interview with USCIS customer support via phone but the agent on the phone told me to keep waiting.

First of all, don't wait until 9/18. Login into your USCIS account, and use both the scheduled date and your receipt number (listed on your NOA) to reschedule the bio appointment to an earlier date, see if you can find an opening for today or tomorrow to enable you attend the appointment earlier.

If they're still unable to obtain clear prints from you due to your skin condition, they will provide you with instructions on how to go about obtaining a police clearance certificate from within thank

If they're still unable to obtain clear prints from you due to your skin condition, they will provide you with instructions on how to go about obtaining a police clearance certificate from within the US.
I have done that. Thank you. I am really worried about the time. It took them 2 weeks to send me another request for biometric appointment.

Tbh that seems like a totally irrational fear. Why would they do that?
There are less than 2 weeks left (I'm talking about working days). I still don't have an invitation to an interview and no changes in my case. CN was in June. I just have no more ideas, which is why my case has been considered for so long. What else can I think about it?

I don't know. This wait is killing me. And I'm afraid that my FO is deliberately delaying this process, expecting the GK to end by that deadline
That is not the case. Nobody is doing anything deliberately. I'm just afraid that it could be a document toss-up. They just have my case somewhere, and the person who is supposed to be looking at it is nowhere to be found. I don't know. It's all very frustrating, considering how short of a timeline there is. Also a bit frustrated that even after the initial request by my congressman's office, USCIS still hasn't responded to them. It's been already two weeks since then...I just sent another USCIS request to a different CA senator. I hope it will help, but seriously, I'm just extremely anxious about it all.

There are less than 2 weeks left (I'm talking about working days). I still don't have an invitation to an interview and no changes in my case. CN was in June. I just have no more ideas, which is why my case has been considered for so long. What else can I think about it?
Is your case in the FO already? Have you submitted congressional inquiries?

I have done that. Thank you. I am really worried about the time. It took them 2 weeks to send me another request for biometric appointment.
Share your concerns with the agent when you go in. You could proactively ask about an alternative option.

When did you reschedule for?

Could be your background check clearance is still pending. Could also be that your FO is trying to win the crappy FO title of the year in relation to DV based AOS application processing - the NY FO won that title in 2023. Either way, the situation sucks as it is.

You can also look around to see if you can find a lawyer to hire at this point on the condition that the lawyer can take you with them into your FO ASAP. I recall someone doing that a couple of years ago.

That is not the case. Nobody is doing anything deliberately. I'm just afraid that it could be a document toss-up. They just have my case somewhere, and the person who is supposed to be looking at it is nowhere to be found. I don't know. It's all very frustrating, considering how short of a timeline there is. Also a bit frustrated that even after the initial request by my congressman's office, USCIS still hasn't responded to them. It's been already two weeks since then...I just sent another USCIS request to a different CA senator. I hope it will help, but seriously, I'm just extremely anxious about it all.
USCIS has up to 30 days to respond to a congressional inquiry. Unfortunately, your urgency is not the FOs. Nonetheless, they tend to do their best to escalate and accommodate DV based AOS as much as their workload permits.

Could be your background check clearance is still pending. Could also be that your FO is trying to win the crappy FO title of the year in relation to DV based AOS application processing - the NY FO won that title in 2023. Either way, the situation sucks as it is.

You can also look around to see if you can find a lawyer to hire at this point on the condition that the lawyer can take you with them into your FO ASAP. I recall someone doing that a couple of years ago.
And what will it give me? Will I just contact the FO by mail through my lawyer? Or can I get an appointment through my lawyer?

Or do you mean that I would get inside through a security guard along with a lawyer who will come there in another case?
The lawyer takes you along to the FO (without an appointment) to enable you speak directly (in person) with someone, possibly the IO in charge of the case.