• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, mon,

I submitted a congressional inquiry yesterday with attachments including our 1NL, 2NL, and receipt notice. I received a response today, but the congressional office has declined to assist due to the addresses on our 1NL and 2NL being from a previous state. They are requesting that I update the address with USCIS and provide revised versions of the 1NL and 2NL before they can proceed with an inquiry, despite the receipt notice reflecting our current address, which falls within their jurisdiction.

We had already updated our address with USCIS after moving, but the 1NL and 2NL still reflect the old address. I hadn’t anticipated this being an issue until now.

Additionally, it seems they are unfamiliar with the Diversity Visa (DV) lottery Adjustment of Status (AOS) process. Here is part of their response:

"Finally, please note that before you restart submitting forms to us or correcting addresses with us or USCIS, we are very confused about your case. We are not sure how you were able to file for a green cards/permanent residency if you are still waiting for your DV lottery visa. Adjustment of status application are for applicants who have an approved immigrant visa. The applicants are usually waiting overseas for their visas, and are not usually here. And furthermore, when the DV lottery applicants are approved their visas, they already get their green card when they come into the country. Are you waiting for your DV lottery visas, are you on already approved DV Lottery visas, but you are already here? So naturally, we are very confused about your case."

Given this response, I have a few questions:

1. Should I attempt to get updated versions of the 1NL and 2NL in order to pursue the congressional inquiry? It may take some time to obtain these updates from USCIS, and I’m concerned that by the time everything is processed, the inquiry may no longer be helpful due to timing.
  2. If it’s still worthwhile to pursue, how do we request updated 1NL and 2NL with the correct address?
  3. Will having different addresses on the 1NL and 2NL potentially cause issues with our case? We’ve provided all our historical addresses in the I-485 form.
I appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide.

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance!

Guess what it was, lol... Interview letter for tomorrow ! and.... interview letter for September 6th......... Which of course I have never been informed of, and Emma never mentioned anything about..
Just to clarify...Emma never told you about an interview being scheduled on the 6th, and you had received a notice for it?

Hello, mon,

I submitted a congressional inquiry yesterday with attachments including our 1NL, 2NL, and receipt notice. I received a response today, but the congressional office has declined to assist due to the addresses on our 1NL and 2NL being from a previous state. They are requesting that I update the address with USCIS and provide revised versions of the 1NL and 2NL before they can proceed with an inquiry, despite the receipt notice reflecting our current address, which falls within their jurisdiction.

We had already updated our address with USCIS after moving, but the 1NL and 2NL still reflect the old address. I hadn’t anticipated this being an issue until now.

Additionally, it seems they are unfamiliar with the Diversity Visa (DV) lottery Adjustment of Status (AOS) process. Here is part of their response:

"Finally, please note that before you restart submitting forms to us or correcting addresses with us or USCIS, we are very confused about your case. We are not sure how you were able to file for a green cards/permanent residency if you are still waiting for your DV lottery visa. Adjustment of status application are for applicants who have an approved immigrant visa. The applicants are usually waiting overseas for their visas, and are not usually here. And furthermore, when the DV lottery applicants are approved their visas, they already get their green card when they come into the country. Are you waiting for your DV lottery visas, are you on already approved DV Lottery visas, but you are already here? So naturally, we are very confused about your case."

1. Should I attempt to get updated versions of the 1NL and 2NL in order to pursue the congressional inquiry? It may take some time to obtain these updates from USCIS, and I’m concerned that by the time everything is processed, the inquiry may no longer be helpful due to timing.
  2. If it’s still worthwhile to pursue, how do we request updated 1NL and 2NL with the correct address?
  3. Will having different addresses on the 1NL and 2NL potentially cause issues with our case? We’ve provided all our historical addresses in the I-485 form.

Your Congressperson's office sounds VERY unknowledgeable. Did they ask you to submit 1NL and 2NL? Usually, you just complete their privacy paperwork providing authorization for them to speak to USCIS on your behalf. All I had to do was provide my receipt number.

If Congressperson isn't being helpful, I would see if there is another representative to contact - additional House of Rep or your states Senator.

Your Congressperson's office sounds VERY unknowledgeable. Did they ask you to submit 1NL and 2NL? Usually, you just complete their privacy paperwork providing authorization for them to speak to USCIS on your behalf. All I had to do was provide my receipt number.

If Congressperson isn't being helpful, I would see if there is another representative to contact - additional House of Rep or your states Senator.
It is quite surprising to receive a response like this :(

They asked me to complete the privacy form with more case information and supporting documents. My bad (?) that I attached 1NL and 2NL with the receipt copy, thinking additional information might help them process. I will try contacting another representative. Thanks!

Hello, mon,

This is a typical example of less is more - providing unnecessary documentation/information hurting the case! There was no need to have included anything about your 1NL or 2NL in your request to them.

KCC will not issue any updated notice to you. So you should just contact your Senator's office at this point and basically request follow-up assistance with your pending AOS application. If supporting documentation is required, include you AOS NOA

There are less than 2 weeks left (I'm talking about working days). I still don't have an invitation to an interview and no changes in my case. CN was in June. I just have no more ideas, which is why my case has been considered for so long. What else can I think about it?
You can think that they already said it will be adjudicated by the end of the FY. Maybe you want to go browse past threads and see the number of cases that got approved in the last week of the FY.
but it is really NOT rational to think that USCIS employees are somehow out to get you and deny you a green card just for kicks,

Hi everyone,
I had my fingerprints taken today and most of them were not clear (I always have some problems with this process, I don't know why). The person who took them tried to take them again several times, but the quality of the “pictures” was marked as low. Could this be a problem in checking my background?

You already have a lawyer you're working with? So what precisely have they been doing to date about your case if I may ask?
Just an attorney acquaintance of mine. And she advised to contact everyone who can help move the case forward: Congressman, Senator, Biden… I did it all. And the last answer I received was a week ago, but I'm worried that the Green Cards will be exhausted by the end before they approve my case.

You can think that they already said it will be adjudicated by the end of the FY. Maybe you want to go browse past threads and see the number of cases that got approved in the last week of the FY.
but it is really NOT rational to think that USCIS employees are somehow out to get you and deny you a green card just for kicks,
Tbh, I was looking for this information here on the forum.
A year ago, visas expired in September, and before there was no timeline spreadsheet

Can I have some more information as I have an issue with my fingerprint and they asked me to take another one. So I will go tomorrow. Did you get the card production notice without an interview?
Yes! My fingerprints were taken 7 hours ago, the most of them were marked with red “!”, like not a clear print. But despite that my status was changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”.