• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello all,
We did the interview this morning at NYC FO, it was not too crowded, everyone even security were nice. While in the waiting room, the director came to us asking if we had questions, and she wished us best of luck and crossed her fingers for us, that was very heart warming. Then the interview was the same as everyone else.
After ~30min status changed to CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.

Thank you all for your support, your help and all the advices.

Well. I went to the FO and talked to the supervisor. There are 3 cases left under consideration and today there is no officer considering these cases. He will be back on Monday. Last week they reviewed 9 cases
He said that I'm ok cuz I have a visa and it's visas that are limited, not green cards, my CN is equal to the visa
Glad to know you were able to get into the FO this time around. And thanks for the update.

Quick clarification though re what the supervisor said about visas vs. GC. There’s no GC without a visa being issued, so technically speaking, if visas are limited for certain types of AOS cases, it also means GC are limited for those types of cases too.

For DV based cases, especially AOS cases, visas are not automatically assigned to CNs, otherwise all the cases denied in 2023 due to visa exhaustion wouldn’t have been denied considering those cases already had CNs, and their CNs should have been “equal” to visas based on that reasoning.

Glad to know you were able to get into the FO this time around. And thanks for the update.

Quick clarification though re what the supervisor said about visas vs. GC. There’s no GC without a visa being issued, so technically speaking, if visas are limited for certain types of AOS cases, it also means GC are limited for those types of cases too.

For DV based cases, especially AOS cases, visas are not automatically assigned to CNs, otherwise all the cases denied in 2023 due to visa exhaustion wouldn’t have been denied considering those cases already had CNs, and their CNs should have been “equal” to visas based on that reasoning.
I also think he told me bullshit

Hello Mom,
I went for my interview today, but the officer told me that my background check is not being cleared yet, so they cannot do anything for me.

Went to Santa Ana FO again today just to see if there’d be any updates on my case. The security at the front was very very nice enough to help me check my status using my A number with the front-desk clark. Unfortunately he said my case is still pending and he cannot give me details of where my case is currently located or the adjudication status of it and he even mentioned they wouldn’t mention details about my case to him as well. Time to practice more patience!

Well. I went to the FO and talked to the supervisor. There are 3 cases left under consideration and today there is no officer considering these cases. He will be back on Monday. Last week they reviewed 9 cases
He said that I'm ok cuz I have a visa and it's visas that are limited, not green cards, my CN is equal to the visa
@2024 Houston I am hoping one of those 3 cases happens to be yours.

I’m slowly starting to lose hope - especially since very few cases (in the spreadsheet of this year and past years) are assigned to Tucson FO so I have no idea what to expect .

I initiated an inquiry via a senator’s office and got an update from them that they submitted an official inquiry to USCIS regarding my case (Sep 9th). Still waiting to get some news. Fingers crossed

I’m slowly starting to lose hope - especially since very few cases (in the spreadsheet of this year and past years) are assigned to Tucson FO so I have no idea what to expect .

I initiated an inquiry via a senator’s office and got an update from them that they submitted an official inquiry to USCIS regarding my case (Sep 9th). Still waiting to get some news. Fingers crossed
I think most FOs are very understaffed when I went there I barely see anyone inside I thought it'd be like DMV but no there was only like one front-desk clerk and not much activity going on. Gotta practice patience with government agencies. At least we all tried our best.

I feel you. Idk what to do, considering that my case had been transferred to the FO even later than yours. I have checked previous years, and it seems that the LA Field Office had been calling people for interviews within three weeks of fingerprints. It's been officially four weeks, and nothing has happened. My congressman initiated a USCIS inquiry from them two weeks ago and hasn't heard anything.

Hello folks, today I contacted the live agent via EMMA, and being told that I can't do anything to expedite my case, or to schedule the interview, and also she said Tier 2 representative can't help to schedule the interview.

She said my case is in San Diego FO. I said that I have only 10 working days, and then it's over, she said I can't do anything to speed it up...

I contacted my congressman several days ago, sent them privacy consent form and my receipts #, nothing yet...

It is not over until the final whistle is blown. So hang in there.