• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello everyone, my case isn’t listed on the timeline spreadsheet, but I did complete my fingerprinting on 08/30/24. My local field office is in Fairfax, VA, and I haven’t received any updates from them. Congratulations to @canelmaslar and @GZ96 on your approvals—I’m really happy for you!

For @legacy1 and @lara324830, do you have any updates from your field office? It seems like we’re all experiencing delays. My most recent update is that I sent a Congressional Inquiry, and they informed me that the field office hasn’t responded yet. I’ve just emailed the Congressional office with my concerns, so I’m waiting to see their response.

Hello everyone, my case isn’t listed on the timeline spreadsheet, but I did complete my fingerprinting on 08/30/24. My local field office is in Fairfax, VA, and I haven’t received any updates from them. Congratulations to @canelmaslar and @GZ96 on your approvals—I’m really happy for you!

For @legacy1 and @lara324830, do you have any updates from your field office? It seems like we’re all experiencing delays. My most recent update is that I sent a Congressional Inquiry, and they informed me that the field office hasn’t responded yet. I’ve just emailed the Congressional office with my concerns, so I’m waiting to see their response.
You do realize you most likely wouldn’t know about the folks you referenced in your above post if they decided to not list their case progress on the Timeline spreadsheet same way you’re not listed? This forum works better when everyone contributes as against just consuming information.

Sorry meant to say i589 and I was not out of status before I filled
You’re currently out of status though. So visas running out (or not running out) is not the major issue you need to be concerned with at this point IMO. How not currently having a valid status could impact your AOS filing is what you need to be concerned with.

You do realize you most likely wouldn’t know about the folks you referenced in your above post if they decided to not list their case progress on the Timeline spreadsheet same way you’re not listed? This forum works better when everyone contributes as against just consuming information.
I am sorry for that, Mom. I've sent the request for the timesheet. Thank you

Hello Mom,

Is it a good idea to contact our congressman and ask for any assistance regarding our background check?
You can do that, even if all it does is to give you the satisfaction of knowing you did everything you could possibly do to move the needle. However, I know from past experiences, congressional assistance cannot expedite background checks. It’s all in the hands of USCIS, and for DV based AOS applications, USCIS would work with the agency responsible for the background checks to expedite the process as much as possible before the end of the FY.

Reactions: NSE
Hello,
I'm confused about this question while filling out my I-824 application. Am I a petitioner or an applicant? I don't understand the difference between the two. Please note that I have already adjusted my status and am trying to submit an I-824 for my husband to join me through FTJ.IMG_3318.jpeg

Hello,
I'm confused about this question while filling out my I-824 application. Am I a petitioner or an applicant? I don't understand the difference between the two. Please note that I have already adjusted my status and am trying to submit an I-824 for my husband to join me through FTJ.View attachment 5132
Wondering if you missed this response from mom

Too late to file an I-824 FTJ at this point. However, if you’re able to reach your IO and convince him/her to forward your case file to the US embassy in Nairobi, and at the same time convince the embassy to schedule an interview appointment for your husband, and your husband is able to complete his required medical examination, then there’s a possibility of him getting his derivative IV by the end of the FY.

fyi: depending what service center it ends up at, an I824 form currently takes between 5.5 and 15 months to process. It’s pointless submitting it with two weeks of the FY left.

fyi: depending what service center it ends up at, an I824 form currently takes between 5.5 and 15 months to process. It’s pointless submitting it with two weeks of the FY left.
I understood Mom's response very well and I chose to try my luck. I got in touch with the Nairobi Embassy and I'm trying to see if I can have feedback from the IO by this coming week. in the meantime, I want to have the application well filled.

I understood Mom's response very well and I chose to try my luck. I got in touch with the Nairobi Embassy and I'm trying to see if I can have feedback from the IO by this coming week. in the meantime, I want to have the application well filled.
maybe you would like to check the processing times for yourself?

I mean, it’s certainly your prerogative to file it and pay the $590 filing fee even though there is zero chance it will be processed before fiscal year end, but you should have a clear understanding of where that application is going to end up. You may not even get a notice of receipt of the form before FYE.

Wi

You’re the applicant.
Thank you, Mom.
Again In the case below, Am I still the principal beneficiary or Its my husband?( The one am filing to bring here) I am really sorry, the information is kind confusing for me to understand!

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you, Mom.
Again In the case below, Am I still the principal beneficiary or Its my husband?( The one am filing to bring here) I am really sorry, the information is kind confusing for me to understand!
It says principal beneficiary of previous petition/application, so that’s you.

Hello,
I'm confused about this question while filling out my I-824 application. Am I a petitioner or an applicant? I don't understand the difference between the two. Please note that I have already adjusted my status and am trying to submit an I-824 for my husband to join me through FTJ.View attachment 5132
Searching for this on you-tube will solve your related issues . Apologies I am not allowed to post link here so I gave you the screenshot.. this Guy is CP DV Doctor as Mom is AOS DV Doctor

Attachments

• si.png
    si.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 17
maybe you would like to check the processing times for yourself?

I don't think you can check that there. The same way you cannot check processing times for I-485 in DV category. I'd haphazard a guess that USCIS is aware of 9 FAM 502.6-4 (b)(3)(a), the same way they are aware of the looming deadline on AOS itself.
We had an example not that long ago: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2022-aos-adjustment-of-status-only.344334/post-2591363
I'm not saying that 2 weeks is a reasonable timeline, but I'd definitely not discard that possibility based on published statistics.