• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

No, not really. You can however share your concern with your congressman’s office to see if they’re able to help you further follow up and request an earlier date.
Yes, I think this is about the best. It’s unusual for visas to run out that early in September but August would definitely be more comfortable.

Hi, I suggest writing an email to the KCC first to request a scanned copy. It can save you some time. Their customer service is pretty good, and it worked for me and a couple of other AOSers I know.
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I followed your advice and emailed KCC to request a scanned copy. They replied within a few hours and told me the payment hadn't been received yet. They also suggested I wait 2 to 3 weeks for the payment processing to finish. I checked the status of the money order, and it was cashed out yesterday (07/22/2024). I imagine it will take them some time to get the payment in the system :(.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how long I should wait before asking them again. Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I followed your advice and emailed KCC to request a scanned copy. They replied within a few hours and told me the payment hadn't been received yet. They also suggested I wait 2 to 3 weeks for the payment processing to finish. I checked the status of the money order, and it was cashed out yesterday (07/22/2024). I imagine it will take them some time to get the payment in the system :(.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how long I should wait before asking them again. Thank you!!!
I received almost the exact response and received my receipt a few days later.

Hi Mom, I just chatted with live agent via Emma, and they told me my case is processing at the Oklahoma Field Office (my local) where an immigration officer was looking at my case on 0 7 / 1 9 / 2 0 2 4. Is this good?
That’s interesting because EMMA told me that they don’t have access to that type of information (when IOs are looking at files).

Hi Mom, I just chatted with live agent via Emma, and they told me my case is processing at the Oklahoma Field Office (my local) where an immigration officer was looking at my case on 0 7 / 1 9 / 2 0 2 4. Is this good?

I just added my case to the Timeline Spreadsheet. Sorry for the delay.
I would caution against reading any meaning into that, considering the system registers an update when someone takes a look at the case as part of the audit trail. The registered update could be that of a scheduler trying to determine if the background check has cleared to enable them schedule an interview. The update may not necessarily mean the IO assigned to the case was the one that took a look at it.

If your case gets assigned to an IO, does that mean background checks have cleared?

Or can it get assigned while the background checks are still pending?

Hi everyone, I sent my DV fee payment on July 11th; on Tuesday, July 16th, I saw that the payment had been received and cashed. On the 18th, I received a 2NL from KCC (I didn't file DS-260), indicating they knew I was changing my status. I haven't received my receipt, and when I tried to contact KCC, they said that they mailed the receipt on July 18th, and I have to wait until August 8th until they can send me an electronic copy of my receipt. Do you have any advice on what I should do other than wait? I'm a little worried, considering there is a bit of a time crunch... All the other documents are ready to be mailed for the AOS.

Hi everyone, I sent my DV fee payment on July 11th; on Tuesday, July 16th, I saw that the payment had been received and cashed. On the 18th, I received a 2NL from KCC (I didn't file DS-260), indicating they knew I was changing my status. I haven't received my receipt, and when I tried to contact KCC, they said that they mailed the receipt on July 18th, and I have to wait until August 8th until they can send me an electronic copy of my receipt. Do you have any advice on what I should do other than wait? I'm a little worried, considering there is a bit of a time crunch... All the other documents are ready to be mailed for the AOS.
I mailed my check but it's stuck, seems you got cashed pretty fast. How did you send it and was it money order/cashier's check?

Update: I just Received the DV Payment Receipt
Hi, I just read your experience on DV payment fee, Mine was sent the same day as yours and when I checked it says it has been cashed. However when I tracked the self addressed stamp envelope mail it's saying it's been delivered to the P.O. Box St. Louis, MO. Is it normal or USPS's error ? Please see attached, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-23 211846.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-23 211846.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 21
What if we print the money order and it's status as a proof of payment. Does USCIS requires ONLY the receipt or any evidence that shows that the fee was sent and paid might be acceptable ?

What if we print the money order and it's status as a proof of payment. Does USCIS requires ONLY the receipt or any evidence that shows that the fee was sent and paid might be acceptable ?
The issue with that plan I think is that USCIS will not adjudicate your case without the KCC file. I dont know if the KCC file gets sent if the DV fee is not paid yet.

Hi, I just read your experience on DV payment fee, Mine was sent the same day as yours and when I checked it says it has been cashed. However when I tracked the self addressed stamp envelope mail it's saying it's been delivered to the P.O. Box St. Louis, MO. Is it normal or USPS's error ? Please see attached, thanks in advance.
Which address did you list on the SASE?

What if we print the money order and its status as a proof of payment. Does USCIS requires ONLY the receipt or any evidence that shows that the fee was sent and paid might be acceptable ?
The payment receipt is what is usually required. However, you could try the option you’re asking about (with the plan of taking the actual receipt along with you to your interview when you get called in). Or you could receive a RFE for it if the IO wants to approve without an interview and needs to see the payment receipt itself.