• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

It was pretty similar for me, but your sounds a little bit more positive. However, I received the response from congresswoman office the same day I received the interview NoA. Here is the text:

"Thank you for your inquiry, dated June 26, 2024 on behalf of your constituent, xxxxx, regarding pending form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Diversity Visa).
The Santa Ana Field office has received your constituent's I-485 application and is currently reviewing it to determine what the next course of action. The case is currently within normal processing times indicated at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when adjudication is complete or if additional information is needed."
Thank you.

Yes, mine seems VERY informal compared to yours. I was expecting the usual "case is currently within normal processing times" too. Perhaps mine was an update via phone as it sounds more conversational.

So I received my I-797 approval notice today. Under the notice type on the right, it says:

Section: Diversity Visa Program
COA: F1

Is COA supposed to show the status I was last admitted to the US with? I thought it should say DV1 instead.

So I received my I-797 approval notice today. Under the notice type on the right, it says:

Section: Diversity Visa Program
COA: F1

Is COA supposed to show the status I was last admitted to the US with? I thought it should say DV1 instead.
COA should say D6 (for the main selectee, DV7 for spouse, and DV8 for child(ren). Wait until you receive the actual GC to see what is listed under the “Category”

Just wanted to let you know that I submitted my package without the DV payment receipt. My package was submitted to Chicago Lockbox.

I would recommend you looking through the spreadsheet for the following:

1. Anyone who filed through Phoenix Lockbox - did they get denied for things like no receipt or early filing?
2. Anyone with a Tucson Field Office - what were their timelines like, especially for July/August/September current months?

It's really a gamble either way and a decision you need to make regarding how risk adverse you are.

I wish you luck.
The filing Lockbox has no bearing on case denial or otherwise, since case denial can only occur at the FO level. The Lockbox can only ‘reject’ a package for whatever the applicable reason is.

Hi all, today my case status finally changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". I have FO at Chicago. @Plus19
Hopefully, these are good news. I don't have something like your case was approved. Btw, I still have no idea if my congressman has initiated an inquiry on my behalf. (Literally, I called them today to get no response and be on hold for 30 min).
I'll keep you posted on further actions.

There is my status timeline:
- July 19, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
- December 28, 2023 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
- December 12, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

Congrats! The case approval update may come tomorrow.
Sharing an update: today, my case status changed to "On July 20, 2024, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ***. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."
I’ve updated the Timeline gdoc.

There’s no requirement for academic transcript submission.
Thank you, do you mean just need to scan the diplom itself and make certified translation?

By the way, please suggest certified translation service? I found several online, but not sure they are legit.

@ClaudiaC congratulations!
Same FO (FO CHICAGO). My case was also approved without an interview.

Juny 18, 2024 - request to congressman
July 1, 2024 - Congressman had submitted an inquiry regarding the status of my case to USCIS
July 17, 2024 - We ordered your new card
July 18, 2024 - Case Was Approved

Now I'm waiting for my approval notice and the physical card.
@Sm1smom thanks for this forum! Thank you for your help, work, advice and time.
I wish you all success.
I am happy to hear this good news!

Searched the forum and AOS Excel sheet, didnt't find answer:

Do I need to scan both sides of my "old" Soviet Union birth certificate (it's a green "book")? OR only inside?
My kids have modern birth certificates, it's A4 format, but it also has back side, do I need to scan that side as well?

sorry for being so paranoid, I just want to make sure my AOS package came thru without issues

Thank you

Thank you, do you mean just need to scan the diplom itself and make certified translation?

By the way, please suggest certified translation service? I found several online, but not sure they are legit.
This information is already listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet:
Copy of high school certificate (with certified translation - If applicable). Copy of any other higher educational diplomas or certificates (with certified translation - If applicable).

Document translation does not need to be done by an official/formal organization. Anyone fluent in both English and the other you need to translate your document from can do the translation for you (as long as they are not immediate family members). They just need to include a certified statement attesting to their fluency in both languages.

Searched the forum and AOS Excel sheet, didnt't find answer:

Do I need to scan both sides of my "old" Soviet Union birth certificate (it's a green "book")? OR only inside?
My kids have modern birth certificates, it's A4 format, but it also has back side, do I need to scan that side as well?

sorry for being so paranoid, I just want to make sure my AOS package came thru without issues

Thank you
Take a look here doctranslation.com/ussr-birth-certificate.html

Not sure did anyone in this thread mentioned there's an update on lockbox filing location on 7/10/2024. I live in Queens, New York now I have to send my AOS package to Elgin Lockbox instead of Chicago.

1721629592783.png

Not sure did anyone in this thread mentioned there's an update on lockbox filing location on 7/10/2024. I live in Queens, New York now I have to send my AOS package to Elgin Lockbox instead of Chicago.

View attachment 4828
Your snippet doesn’t show which filing category it is from. A New York address falls under the Chicago Lockbox in the family based filing category (DV is grouped under family based AOS)

Your snippet doesn’t show which filing category it is from. A New York address falls under the Chicago Lockbox in the family based filing category (DV is grouped under family based AOS)

Thanks for the correction mom! I was wrongly looking at the non-family based form.

Question about cachier check, is it ok if my wife will make all 4 checks for all 4 applicants?

or it's better if she transfer the money to my account and then I create them on my behalf?

Thank you

Question about cachier check, is it ok if my wife will make all 4 checks for all 4 applicants?

or it's better if she transfer the money to my account and then I create them on my behalf?

Thank you
Based on past experiences mentioned in this forum, it is recommended to create individual cashier's cheque for each applicant. This way each application is independent