• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Don't you have your FO listed on the Timeline spreadsheet? How were you able to determine what you listed on the spreadsheet is your FO?
I do, I used this tool to identify. However, "Service Center" has different 3 letters and fingerprints also were taken in another place (support office)

Attachments

• FO.JPG
    FO.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
I do, I used this tool to identify. However, "Service Center" has different 3 letters and fingerprints also were taken in another place (support office)
Well, your original question was about how to know your FO, and my post was in response to that. You need to make your actual question much clearer than you’ve done.

What you need your congressman’s office to help you with is to obtain a status update on your case from your FO since your wife and daughter already got their cases approved. I don’t know what else it is you’re asking them to do or why you’re being asked for a Service Center info.

Hi all, today my case status finally changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". I have FO at Chicago. @Plus19
Hopefully, these are good news. I don't have something like your case was approved. Btw, I still have no idea if my congressman has initiated an inquiry on my behalf. (Literally, I called them today to get no response and be on hold for 30 min).
I'll keep you posted on further actions.

There is my status timeline:
- July 19, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
- December 28, 2023 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
- December 12, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

Hi all, today my case status finally changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". I have FO at Chicago. @Plus19
Hopefully, these are good news. I don't have something like your case was approved. Btw, I still have no idea if my congressman has initiated an inquiry on my behalf. (Literally, I called them today to get no response and be on hold for 30 min).

- December 28, 2023 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
- December 12, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
Congrats! The case approval update may come tomorrow.

Congratulations on your Card waiting for our turn patiently ‍️‍️‍️

Hi, mom

I believe my congressman had an impact. After they inquired with the Seattle FO on my behalf, I received a response from the congressman two days later and got an interview invitation yesterday. I hope this is a good start.
Congrats on getting your IL, and thanks for the update. Glad to learn your congressional inquiry resulted in this positive outcome, which is not a surprise. Congressional inquiry sometimes helps with bringing cases that might have fallen through the cracks at the FO back to the attention of the FO and the IO assigned to such cases. All the best with your interview.

If you could update your case progress on the Timeline spreadsheet, other members will be able to benefit from you, just like you did from others also.

Hello, I looked up AOS excel sheet and didn't find the answers:

1. All 4 of us, including kids have EAD cards, do I need to send for all 4 of us? or just principal applicant?
2. My wife is officially working, and she has W-2, pay slips, do we need to send her W-2 and pay slips as well, or only principal applicant (mine)?
3. Biometrics fee, I saw some people add 85$ additioanl to ASO fee, do we need to do it as well?

Thank you so much

Hello, I looked up AOS excel sheet and didn't find the answers:

1. All 4 of us, including kids have EAD cards, do I need to send for all 4 of us? or just principal applicant?
2. My wife is officially working, and she has W-2, pay slips, do we need to send her W-2 and pay slips as well, or only principal applicant (mine)?
3. Biometrics fee, I saw some people add 85$ additioanl to ASO fee, do we need to do it as well?

Thank you so much
1. All 4.
2. Doing so wouldn't hurt.
3. Current fee already includes the bio fee.

If you could update your case progress on the Timeline spreadsheet, other members will be able to benefit from you, just like you did from others also.
These news felt surreal. So, now I can't thank this community enough, especially our mom. The info and support here have been a lifesaver throughout this hectic AOS journey. @Sm1smom , you're the real hero for keeping this place running and sharing your expertise. God bless you and your close ones.

To all the other applicants here - your stories and advice have kept me going. This place is truly special.
For those still waiting - hang in there!

Thanks again, everyone. You've made this process so much easier to handle.

By the way, I stumbled across this forum through Reddit. Next year, I'm gonna make sure to spread the word about this place to any new DV selectees I come across.

I surprisingly just got a new card is being produced, late night yesterday. 07/18/2024. Below is my timeline for present and future applicants who might need reference.

I used an attorney for this case. (I do not encourage if the attorney is not vested in DV cases; the resources and experts on the forum are more than enough to sail through).

Background
I just completed Masters and I’m currently on OPT which expires in January 2025.
I have 2 j1 visas from 2018 and 2019. I had a 2 year rule on the 2019 visa but I stayed in home country and satisfied the requirement.

Timeline:

• February 9th, 2024 - Filed the case.
• February 14th, 2024 - Acceptance of fingerprint fee.
• March 8th, 2024 - Bio walk-in. Prior to applying, my field office was Des Moines.
• March 12th, 2024 - Requested a change in address (Saint Louis field office is the new FO).
• May 6th, 2024 - Requested Tier 2 callback. Case was still at the old field office and hadn’t been transferred to the new office yet.
• May 23rd, 2024 - Congressional inquiry was submitted.
• June 27th, 2024 - Callback from Tier 2.
• July 1st, 2024 - Email received from congress agent stating my case is at the Des Moines FO (old address), pending background check and awaiting interview.
• July 3rd, 2024 - Email received from IO in Saint Louis (new address) stating an interview has been requested and once a date is available, an interview will be scheduled.
• July 18th, 2024 - New card production (No interview).

All I can say is a big thank you to God and the support I received from everyone here @Sm1smom @Xarthisius amongst others. God richly bless you.
I am patiently waiting for the card in hand before I know it’s finally over. To all the other applicants waiting, it’s never late till it’s late. You will share yours soon. I will remain here to help out with my little experience.

Congrats on getting your IL, and thanks for the update. Glad to learn your congressional inquiry resulted in this positive outcome, which is not a surprise. Congressional inquiry sometimes helps with bringing cases that might have fallen through the cracks at the FO back to the attention of the FO and the IO assigned to such cases. All the best with your interview.
Thank you. However, I have a new concern. Our interview is scheduled for mid-August, and my wife graduates in early August. This means that there might be a 10-day period between her graduation and our interview where her status could be questioned. I applied for her H4 status change as early as June, and her school also applied for her OPT with update I-20 (end date on Aug/12/2025) (both the H4 status change and OPT EAD card are still pending). I am worried that this might cause the FO to question her legality in the U.S.

I surprisingly just got a new card is being produced, late night yesterday. 07/18/2024. Below is my timeline for present and future applicants who might need reference.

I used an attorney for this case. (I do not encourage if the attorney is not vested in DV cases; the resources and experts on the forum are more than enough to sail through).

Background
I just completed Masters and I’m currently on OPT which expires in January 2025.
I have 2 j1 visas from 2018 and 2019. I had a 2 year rule on the 2019 visa but I stayed in home country and satisfied the requirement.

Timeline:

• February 9th, 2024 - Filed the case.
• February 14th, 2024 - Acceptance of fingerprint fee.
• March 8th, 2024 - Bio walk-in. Prior to applying, my field office was Des Moines.
• March 12th, 2024 - Requested a change in address (Saint Louis field office is the new FO).
• May 6th, 2024 - Requested Tier 2 callback. Case was still at the old field office and hadn’t been transferred to the new office yet.
• May 23rd, 2024 - Congressional inquiry was submitted.
• June 27th, 2024 - Callback from Tier 2.
• July 1st, 2024 - Email received from congress agent stating my case is at the Des Moines FO (old address), pending background check and awaiting interview.
• July 3rd, 2024 - Email received from IO in Saint Louis (new address) stating an interview has been requested and once a date is available, an interview will be scheduled.
• July 18th, 2024 - New card production (No interview).

All I can say is a big thank you to God and the support I received from everyone here @Sm1smom @Xarthisius amongst others. God richly bless you.
I am patiently waiting for the card in hand before I know it’s finally over. To all the other applicants waiting, it’s never late till it’s late. You will share yours soon. I will remain here to help out with my little experience.
Great news. Congrats.

Thank you. However, I have a new concern. Our interview is scheduled for mid-August, and my wife graduates in early August. This means that there might be a 10-day period between her graduation and our interview where her status could be questioned. I applied for her H4 status change as early as June, and her school also applied for her OPT with update I-20 (end date on Aug/12/2025) (both the H4 status change and OPT EAD card are still pending). I am worried that this might cause the FO to question her legality in the U.S.
There's no reason for her status to be queried. You're overthinking things. Her status is fine.

Thank you for your response. I think she just needs to bring the I-539 for the H4 application and the I-765 for the EAD card. She has two I-765 forms: one based on OPT and another based on H4 (since I previously applied for an I-140, which has been approved). Along with these, she should also bring her latest I-20. With these documents, if my understand is correct there shouldn’t be any issues even the officer asked her.