• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Actually, I wanted to ask for an advice: I contacted my congressman in May 22nd, and I don’t have any updates from them since then (okay, in a week they emailed me asking to sign some privacy forms). I even visited their office last week, but still no clue if they have listed an inquiry in my behalf. I have an impression they don’t have an idea what DV lottery means. They told me they will call me this or next week, but I don’t think I can rely on them.

I’d like to contact our senator then. Do you think I should mention I’ve already contacted my congressman? Maybe then they will tell me to stick to them. But I feel my congressman is useless (sorry, hope it doesn’t sound too offensive).

Any idea what factors go in to getting an 'interview waived'. We are submitting docs tomorrow, including an employment letter to show high salary for principal. Is that a factor? Any other ideas on what can help with getting the interview waived. Current status is E2, I94 in order. should be no red flags on application.

Any idea what factors go in to getting an 'interview waived'. We are submitting docs tomorrow, including an employment letter to show high salary for principal. Is that a factor? Any other ideas on what can help with getting the interview waived. Current status is E2, I94 in order. should be no red flags on application.
I feel it depends on the Field Office. Some tend to schedule interviews, others don’t. The spreadsheets should help you to see what your FO usually does (including this and past years). And I think they are ready to waive the interview if all docs are good (if they waive it at all).

I’m not sure about particular factors, maybe other users or Mom could provide you with more insights.

I checked the spreadsheet but am still not sure. For early filing, is this the memo that I should include in my package?

Attachments

• Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program _ USCIS.pdf
    109.2 KB · Views: 20
Hi everyone,

My status changed to “New card is being produced” yesterday and my case was approved today! Now I’m just waiting for my approval notice and the physical card. Thank you so much for your help and support. I wouldn’t be able to make it without this forum.

Also, just want share some of my experience about the financial documents as I’ve seen some discussion on that.

I’m still student without any source of income and unfortunately don’t have someone to file I-134 for me. I just included all my bank statements and the tuition receipts in my AOS package. I guess together with my solid transcripts and uni program, this is enough for them to waive my interview. So I feel like there’s no need to be stressed over about that.

@ClaudiaC congratulations!
Same FO (FO CHICAGO). My case was also approved without an interview.

Juny 18, 2024 - request to congressman
July 1, 2024 - Congressman had submitted an inquiry regarding the status of my case to USCIS
July 17, 2024 - We ordered your new card
July 18, 2024 - Case Was Approved

Now I'm waiting for my approval notice and the physical card.
@Sm1smom thanks for this forum! Thank you for your help, work, advice and time.
I wish you all success.

July 1, 2024 - Congressman had submitted an inquiry regarding the status of my case to USCIS

I wish you all success.
Such a great news! Congratulations

I wish you all success.

Hi everyone,

My status changed to “New card is being produced” yesterday and my case was approved today! Now I’m just waiting for my approval notice and the physical card. Thank you so much for your help and support. I wouldn’t be able to make it without this forum.

Also, just want share some of my experience about the financial documents as I’ve seen some discussion on that.

I’m still student without any source of income and unfortunately don’t have someone to file I-134 for me. I just included all my bank statements and the tuition receipts in my AOS package. I guess together with my solid transcripts and uni program, this is enough for them to waive my interview. So I feel like there’s no need to be stressed over about that.

Congrats, both of you, for the approvals! 2 approvals in one day from the Chicago Field Office. Hopefully, we will get the approval soon!

I wish you all success.
Wow, amazing new!! Congrats!!

Hi everyone. Today, I had an interview at the Santa Ana FO. I wanted to share my experience and, at the end, I have a few questions for Mom!

My brief background: I came to the US with an L1B visa. Before it expired, I applied for asylum and have remained in the US with a pending asylum application.

Interview experience: My interview was scheduled for 1:00 pm. I arrived at 12:30 pm, checked in immediately, and waited in the waiting room. At 1:00 pm, the officer called my name. It was the same lady who interviewed @agafon today. First, I took an oath. Then, she asked me some general questions and a few yes/no questions without looking at my I-485 form. She then asked why I applied in December, even though I filed my I-485 application in January. She seemed unfamiliar with early filing. In December, a cutoff number higher than mine for February was published, so I made the DV payments in December and filed the I-485 application in January. I kindly asked her to check the USCIS website for information on early filing, and she said she would. Then the officer began asking questions to clarify if I had ever accrued any unlawful presence in the US, which in my case, the answer is no. She also asked about my current employer and if I brought an employer verification letter. I was not expecting this question as I had brought my recent payslips from my current employer, not an employer verification letter. When I asked if she wanted to see my recent payslips, it seemed to me that she didn't understand the word 'payslip' because English was not her first/native language. She ignored my question and continued with the rest of the questions. In the end, she gave me a notice showing that “Your case is being held for review”. She did not provide a specific timeline for when I will get my decision or any updates but she mentioned that they would contact me once a decision is made or if additional documentation is needed.

Now, my question to @Sm1smom: I am extremely worried because I have a pending asylum situation, even though I never accrued any unlawful presence in the US and applied for asylum before my L1B visa expired. The last person (@Omar70707070) who received a green card with a pending asylum situation in Santa Ana FO was in 2018. I checked the experiences of others who had interviews in Santa Ana FO in previous years; they all received a "case is under review" notice at the end of their interviews. However, they received approval within a week. Considering that @agafon also received a "case is being held review" notice today, is there anything I should be worried about due to being in a pending asylum situation? Or is this common practice for Santa Ana FO, considering all references from previous years, and I should just patiently wait? Mom, your advice and thoughts are valuable to me! Thanks in advance!

I wish you all success.
Great news. Congratulations.

I checked the spreadsheet but am still not sure. For early filing, is this the memo that I should include in my package?
The memo you're asking about has been superseded, that is why you can no longer find it. However, you can include the attachment in your post in place of the memo. You can also print out the "Visa Availability" section on USCIS's Adjudicator's Manual that encourages early filing, in place of what you already have:

You should ideally use your congressman/woman. However, if you would rather proceed with your senator, see the below screenshot - pay attention to the red square and arrow to figure out what to do:

View attachment 4815
I found congressman contact form and even office close to me.
Can you please advise, what exactly I am asking him to do and where to send a request? I assume USCIS.
Thanks and sorry for silly questions. When I had Administrative Processing the request was sent to the department of state.

Hi everyone. Today, I had an interview at the Santa Ana FO. I wanted to share my experience and, at the end, I have a few questions for Mom!

My brief background: I came to the US with an L1B visa. Before it expired, I applied for asylum and have remained in the US with a pending asylum application.

Interview experience: My interview was scheduled for 1:00 pm. I arrived at 12:30 pm, checked in immediately, and waited in the waiting room. At 1:00 pm, the officer called my name. It was the same lady who interviewed @agafon today. First, I took an oath. Then, she asked me some general questions and a few yes/no questions without looking at my I-485 form. She then asked why I applied in December, even though I filed my I-485 application in January. She seemed unfamiliar with early filing. In December, a cutoff number higher than mine for February was published, so I made the DV payments in December and filed the I-485 application in January. I kindly asked her to check the USCIS website for information on early filing, and she said she would. Then the officer began asking questions to clarify if I had ever accrued any unlawful presence in the US, which in my case, the answer is no. She also asked about my current employer and if I brought an employer verification letter. I was not expecting this question as I had brought my recent payslips from my current employer, not an employer verification letter. When I asked if she wanted to see my recent payslips, it seemed to me that she didn't understand the word 'payslip' because English was not her first/native language. She ignored my question and continued with the rest of the questions. In the end, she gave me a notice showing that “Your case is being held for review”. She did not provide a specific timeline for when I will get my decision or any updates but she mentioned that they would contact me once a decision is made or if additional documentation is needed.

Now, my question to @Sm1smom: I am extremely worried because I have a pending asylum situation, even though I never accrued any unlawful presence in the US and applied for asylum before my L1B visa expired. The last person (@Omar70707070) who received a green card with a pending asylum situation in Santa Ana FO was in 2018. I checked the experiences of others who had interviews in Santa Ana FO in previous years; they all received a "case is under review" notice at the end of their interviews. However, they received approval within a week. Considering that @agafon also received a "case is being held review" notice today, is there anything I should be worried about due to being in a pending asylum situation? Or is this common practice for Santa Ana FO, considering all references from previous years, and I should just patiently wait? Mom, your advice and thoughts are valuable to me! Thanks in advance!
@Sm1smom For reference, here are the links to interview experiences from previous years in Santa Ana FO:

P.S. You should insert https + :// manually before each URL to get the full URL as the forum does not allow to insert full URLs.

forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-201#post-2479890
forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2020-aos-only.340762/page-232#post-2530396
forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2020-aos-only.340762/page-240#post-2530741
forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-aos-only.342993/page-558#post-2568332

Thanks for the update regarding your interview experience. While you may not have accrued an unlawful presence due to your having applied for asylum before your last valid/authorized stay expired, you are currently out of status since asylum pending is not considered a valid status to AOS from (although some IOs have been lenient with their interpretation of this). So this is most likely the reason she gave you the case being held for review notice at the end of your interview.

I found congressman contact form and even office close to me.
Can you please advise, what exactly I am asking him to do and where to send a request? I assume USCIS.
Thanks and sorry for silly questions. When I had Administrative Processing the request was sent to the department of state.
Use your own words to explain your situation and precisely what it is you need them to assist you with.

Thanks, last question - How do I know the Field office? Is it the Service Senter (three letters) on a notification letter?
Don't you have your FO listed on the Timeline spreadsheet? How were you able to determine what you listed on the spreadsheet is your FO?

Actually, I wanted to ask for an advice: I contacted my congressman in May 22nd, and I don’t have any updates from them since then (okay, in a week they emailed me asking to sign some privacy forms). I even visited their office last week, but still no clue if they have listed an inquiry in my behalf. I have an impression they don’t have an idea what DV lottery means. They told me they will call me this or next week, but I don’t think I can rely on them.

I’d like to contact our senator then. Do you think I should mention I’ve already contacted my congressman? Maybe then they will tell me to stick to them. But I feel my congressman is useless (sorry, hope it doesn’t sound too offensive).
Hey @Sm1smom may I ask your opinion on this, please? There is usually a question about contacting other Congressional offices. I don’t wanna lie, but at the same time I feel contacting my congressman was useless. Or maybe I can mention this in my message…

Hey @Sm1smom may I ask your opinion on this, please? There is usually a question about contacting other Congressional offices. I don’t wanna lie, but at the same time I feel contacting my congressman was useless. Or maybe I can mention this in my message…
If you decide to contact your senator’s office and they ask if you’ve contacted someone else before reaching out to them, you’re expected to truthfully answer.