• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Thank you. However, I have a new concern. Our interview is scheduled for mid-August, and my wife graduates in early August. This means that there might be a 10-day period between her graduation and our interview where her status could be questioned. I applied for her H4 status change as early as June, and her school also applied for her OPT with update I-20 (end date on Aug/12/2025) (both the H4 status change and OPT EAD card are still pending). I am worried that this might cause the FO to question her legality in the U.S.
Thank you for your response. I think she just needs to bring the I-539 for the H4 application and the I-765 for the EAD card. She has two I-765 forms: one based on OPT and another based on H4 (since I previously applied for an I-140, which has been approved). Along with these, she should also bring her latest I-20. With these documents, if my understand is correct there shouldn’t be any issues even the officer asked her.
Apart from the 2 pending statuses, she would roll into adjustment pending if all her other statuses expired. You have a backup to your backup. There is nothing to worry about.

Apart from the 2 pending statuses, she would roll into adjustment pending if all her other statuses expired. You have a backup to your backup. There is nothing to worry about.
Thank you! I'm glad to know this. I will keep updated on our interview process.

Hi, I am on an F-1 visa but on STEM OPT. I assume I don't need school enrollment verification, right? As I have STEM-OPT and Employment verification I guess it would be sufficient. Just wanted to make sure about that

Hello everyone! Finally we got our GC!! It was an extremely challengeable path to get it and I'm deeply sure it wasn't such successful without this immeasurable forum and your priceless support with @Sm1smom .

For the history and some kind of statistics:
Pre-requisites: we are family of three - me, my husband and daughter 18 yo. We came to US in 2022 with B1/B2 visa for a vacation to see our friends; got TPS status and maintained it all time. Education of both - Master's D in Applied Math; job industry - Software Engineering.
Case number - EU000**989.
Local FO - Dallas, TX.
The main mistake that was done is going to the process with a lawyer first. They did an early filing at the beginning of Sept 2023 without any logical and reasonable reason and we got out first denial in October 12th 2023. They refused to refund money or compensate further expenses at least somehow.
The second reason why I regret about working with a lawyer is because they convinced us we have a plenty of time and we should fight for the "justice" and instead of congressional inquiry they placed an ombudsman request that was completely useless (just for record: Ombudsman in Austin still didn't get any response from the Local FO) and the lawyer didn't want to make any decision , I did only , and at the end of December 2023 after gathering all possible information and after doing my own analytics and with @Sm1smom suggestions I finally decided to re-apply I-485 case.

This is the statistic I got for this case :
- Updates at USCIS online account:
December 26th, 2023: I-485 submission to USCIS
January 3rd, 2024: Application received by USCIS
January 10th, 2024: : Fingerprints were taken
April 10, 2024 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
April 11, 2024: Got 'empty' RFE
-Congressional inquiry was placed in the mid of April, just after that the case moved forward
May 6, 2024 Interview Was Scheduled
- Interview was done on Monday June 3rd: IO hasn't got my husband and daughter's cases/documents on her table, but she assured us it's ok and she requested those docs, no additional interview required
- The same day she issued medical RFE to me
- June 12 th we got a mail with RFE for medical (RFE mail was delivered in 10 days!!!)
- June 14th : RFE response with medical was delivered to FO
- July 1st: My husband and daughter /beneficiaries had a call to USCIS hot line and placed the service request that their cases is outside of normal processing time (more than 6 months after the latest update)
- July 6th : My husband/beneficiary got an email from USCIS about his recent inquiry issued at 07/01: We are experiencing a high volume of applications. Your case is awaiting review.
- July 8th: New Card is being produced (at the main applicant USCIS online account)
- July 9th: Case was Approved
- July 10th: Case was Approved (duplicated record in the online account)
- July 12th: Card Was Mailed to me (at the main applicant USCIS online account only)
- July 13th: My husband and daughter /beneficiaries were contacted by the USCIS tier-2 and the officer confirmed that cases were approved and they should just wait for their GC
- July 15th: Got Approval notices by mail
- July 19th: GC delivered by mail

Tomorrow I will share our interview experience and my personal feedback about whole AoS process at Dallas FO. Also I had a chance to meet and talk with ex-IO (she relocated from CA to TX) and some insights from her.

I wish everyone lucky and restful sleep!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Finally we got our GC!! It was an extremely challengeable path to get it and I'm deeply sure it wasn't such successful without this immeasurable forum and your priceless support with @Sm1smom .

For the history and some kind of statistics:
Pre-requisites: we are family of three - me, my husband and daughter 18 yo. We came to US in 2022 with B1/B2 visa for a vacation to see our friends; got TPS status and maintained it all time. Education of both - Master's D in Applied Math; job industry - Software Engineering.
Case number - EU000**989.
Local FO - Dallas, TX.
The main mistake that was done is going to the process with a lawyer first. They did an early filing at the beginning of Sept 2023 without any logical and reasonable reason and we got out first denial in October 12th 2023. They refused to refund money or compensate further expenses at least somehow.
The second reason why I regret about working with a lawyer is because they convinced us we have a plenty of time and we should fight for the "justice" and instead of congressional inquiry they placed an ombudsman request that was completely useless (just for record: Ombudsman in Austin still didn't get any response from the Local FO) and the lawyer didn't want to make any decision , I did only , and at the end of December 2023 after gathering all possible information and after doing my own analytics and with @Sm1smom suggestions I finally decided to re-apply I-485 case.

This is the statistic I got for this case :
- Updates at USCIS online account:
December 26th, 2023: I-485 submission to USCIS
January 3rd, 2024: Application received by USCIS
January 10th, 2024: : Fingerprints were taken
April 10, 2024 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
April 11, 2024: Got 'empty' RFE
-Congressional inquiry was placed in the mid of April, just after that the case moved forward
May 6, 2024 Interview Was Scheduled
- Interview was done on Monday June 3rd: IO hasn't got my husband and daughter's cases/documents on her table, but she assured us it's ok and she requested those docs, no additional interview required
- The same day she issued medical RFE to me
- June 12 th we got a mail with RFE for medical (RFE mail was delivered in 10 days!!!)
- June 14th : RFE response with medical was delivered to FO
- July 1st: My husband and daughter /beneficiaries had a call to USCIS hot line and placed the service request that their cases is outside of normal processing time (more than 6 months after the latest update)
- July 6th : My husband/beneficiary got an email from USCIS about his recent inquiry issued at 07/01: We are experiencing a high volume of applications. Your case is awaiting review.
- July 8th: New Card is being produced (at the main applicant USCIS online account)
- July 9th: Case was Approved
- July 10th: Case was Approved (duplicated record in the online account)
- July 12th: Card Was Mailed to me (at the main applicant USCIS online account only)
- July 13th: My husband and daughter /beneficiaries were contacted by the USCIS tier-2 and the officer confirmed that cases were approved and they should just wait for their GC
- July 15th: Got Approval notices by mail
- July 19th: GC delivered by mail

Tomorrow I will share our interview experience and my personal feedback about whole AoS process at Dallas FO. Also I had a chance to meet and talk with ex-IO (she relocated from CA to TX) and some insights from her.

I wish everyone lucky and restful sleep!
Congratulations.

Hello,

I’d like to have some advice on how I should go about filing my case. When I found out that my case number is going to be current in September, I quickly mailed the DV payment along with the DoS slip and a SASE. The package was delivered on July 18th. I understand that it might take a couple of weeks to get the payment receipt, which brings me to my question:

Should I file without the receipt? Or do you think i should wait until August 1st to see if I can get it by then?

I’m worried that time is running out and I’m hurting my chances of getting everything processed before the end of fiscal year if I wait for the receipt. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you!!

Additional info:
CN: AS26xxx
Lockbox: Phoenix
FO: Tucson, AZ

Hello Mom, Our congresswoman just passed away last week. Do you think the congressperson's office will function as is until a replacement is made or should i contact the Senator's office for a new inquiry? Internet has all contradictory information on how the deceased congressperson office functions.
Appreciate your help as always.

Hello,

I’d like to have some advice on how I should go about filing my case. When I found out that my case number is going to be current in September, I quickly mailed the DV payment along with the DoS slip and a SASE. The package was delivered on July 18th. I understand that it might take a couple of weeks to get the payment receipt, which brings me to my question:

Should I file without the receipt? Or do you think i should wait until August 1st to see if I can get it by then?

I’m worried that time is running out and I’m hurting my chances of getting everything processed before the end of fiscal year if I wait for the receipt. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you!!

Additional info:

Hi, I suggest writing an email to the KCC first to request a scanned copy. It can save you some time. Their customer service is pretty good, and it worked for me and a couple of other AOSers I know.

Hello,

I have a question about Academic Transcript of my Bachelor degree, I have

1. high school diploma with academic transcript
2. colledge diploma with academic transcript
3. university diploma, but I don't have academic transcript because I didn't get it, and then war started in Ukraine, my Alma mater is on occupied territory, and my academic transcript in archive...

is it ok to not include academic transcript for my university diploma?

what should I do?

Thank you

Hello,

3. university diploma, but I don't have academic transcript because I didn't get it, and then war started in Ukraine, my Alma mater is on occupied territory, and my academic transcript in archive...

what should I do?

Thank you
If you’ve already graduated, your diploma should be enough

We submitted a congressional enquiry and heard back with 3 days - super happy about that.

Our Congressman's office sent us this reply from USCIS:

Thanks for assisting Mr. xxxxxx's application for him and his family. All is well with these applications. They have been assigned to an officer and they should be adjudicating these very soon. We will contact them if we need anything and/or reach a decision.

1. For those who submitted an enquiry, what response did you receive?
2. This message seems generic, but it doesn't read as a copy/paste either.

Hello,

Thank you!!

Additional info:
That is your decision to make, you need to understand the risk/reward for your particular case. Please look at "AOS FAQ" line 25 for more details (very well documented there).

I would also recommend to review the "Timelines" spreadsheets to check how long did it take for other people to receive DV Receipt after it was filed

We submitted a congressional enquiry and heard back with 3 days - super happy about that.

Our Congressman's office sent us this reply from USCIS:

Thanks for assisting Mr. xxxxxx's application for him and his family. All is well with these applications. They have been assigned to an officer and they should be adjudicating these very soon. We will contact them if we need anything and/or reach a decision.

1. For those who submitted an enquiry, what response did you receive?
2. This message seems generic, but it doesn't read as a copy/paste either.
It was pretty similar for me, but your sounds a little bit more positive. However, I received the response from congresswoman office the same day I received the interview NoA. Here is the text:

"Thank you for your inquiry, dated June 26, 2024 on behalf of your constituent, xxxxx, regarding pending form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Diversity Visa).
The Santa Ana Field office has received your constituent's I-485 application and is currently reviewing it to determine what the next course of action. The case is currently within normal processing times indicated at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when adjudication is complete or if additional information is needed."

Hello,

what should I do?

Thank you
There’s no requirement for academic transcript submission.

Hello Mom, Our congresswoman just passed away last week. Do you think the congressperson's office will function as is until a replacement is made or should i contact the Senator's office for a new inquiry? Internet has all contradictory information on how the deceased congressperson office functions.
I have no idea if their office will continue to function as is. I guess no harm in reaching out to your senator for assistance in this case.

Hi Mom, I was updating the timeline spreadsheet and noticed that someone entered the "Green card received" date in my row by mistake. I've deleted those but also would like to suggest an improvement for the timeline spreadsheet editing process - instead of granting edit access to all the rows for all the users you could try to use the "Protected range" feature.

To do that you will need to allocate the row in the spreadsheet to a certain user, enter the nickname of the user you are granting access to yourself in that row, and then do the "Right click" on the corresponding row/cells -> "View more cell actions" -> "Protect range"1721503653485.png. In the window that opens 1721503728651.png you choose "Change permissions" -> "Restrict who can edit..." -> "Custom" 1721503832485.png and enter the email of the selectee assigned to the row

Hi Mom, I was updating the timeline spreadsheet and noticed that someone entered the "Green card received" date in my row by mistake. I've deleted those but also would like to suggest an improvement for the timeline spreadsheet editing process - instead of granting edit access to all the rows for all the users you could try to use the "Protected range" feature.

To do that you will need to allocate the row in the spreadsheet to a certain user, enter the nickname of the user you are granting access to yourself in that row, and then do the "Right click" on the corresponding row/cells -> "View more cell actions" -> "Protect range"View attachment 4824. In the window that opens View attachment 4825 you choose "Change permissions" -> "Restrict who can edit..." -> "Custom" View attachment 4826 and enter the email of the selectee assigned to the row
Thanks for the improvement suggestion. This is however none executable IMO due to the number of users. Considering the number of users/cases listed on the spreadsheet, I don’t have the time to be limiting user access on a per row basis - I do have a live outside this forum, you know :) . Plus listed casts gets moved up and down as needed based on when the case gets entered on the spreadsheet - it’s not like everyone started at the same time.

Hello,

Thank you!!

Additional info:
Just wanted to let you know that I submitted my package without the DV payment receipt. My package was submitted to Chicago Lockbox.

I would recommend you looking through the spreadsheet for the following:

1. Anyone who filed through Phoenix Lockbox - did they get denied for things like no receipt or early filing?
2. Anyone with a Tucson Field Office - what were their timelines like, especially for July/August/September current months?

It's really a gamble either way and a decision you need to make regarding how risk adverse you are.

I wish you luck.

I'm so sorry to hear that, especially with the recent closures due to the Hurricane. You're really going through it in Houston.

If I was you, I would submit an enquiry through the Senator's office. I've found that both my Senator and Congressman are talking to each other about who has submitted or not.