• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Question about cachier check, is it ok if my wife will make all 4 checks for all 4 applicants?

or it's better if she transfer the money to my account and then I create them on my behalf?

Thank you
It doesn’t matter whose account the issued cashier’s check is based on. As a matter of fact, it could be issued from the a/c of a 3rd party who has nothing to do with the DV selection.

I-485.png

Hi,
I have a question regarding this part of the form. From the pre-filled sample, I know that this part should be N/A for the principal applicant. But what do you think about for derivative? Should I fill out the principal applicant's info on 5a; 5b; 5c; 6; and 7 on the derivative's application? Also, should I put STEM OPT on the underlying petition as she is on STEM OPT or it should be N/A?

View attachment 4831

Hi,
I have a question regarding this part of the form. From the pre-filled sample, I know that this part should be N/A for the principal applicant. But what do you think about for derivative? Should I fill out the principal applicant's info on 5a; 5b; 5c; 6; and 7 on the derivative's application? Also, should I put STEM OPT on the underlying petition as she is on STEM OPT or it should be N/A?
For the derivative, you can respond to 5a-c, 6 (if the main derivative already has an existing A#, and 7.

Just like for the main applicant/selectee, a DV based derivative has no underlying petition.

Hi Mom,

my wife and I filed our I485 in May, and did biometric in 11th June. After the bio update, we haven’t received any updates. Usually what kind of update we should expect? Is it normal to not have received any updates so far? Thanks

Hi Mom,

my wife and I filed our I485 in May, and did biometric in 11th June. After the bio update, we haven’t received any updates. Usually what kind of update we should expect? Is it normal to not have received any updates so far? Thanks
Not receiving any update for now could be normal. Add your case progress to the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hello everyone,
I just have a quick question, I recently received my NOA but have not received Bio Notice yet,
Can I participate in a Bio walk-in just with my NOA and an ID, and without Bio Notice?
I really appreciate your help

Hello everyone,
I just have a quick question, I recently received my NOA but have not received Bio Notice yet,
Can I participate in a Bio walk-in just with my NOA and an ID, and without Bio Notice?
I really appreciate your help
No.

Biometric appointments get waived for folks who previously completed biometric appointments not too long ago. The captured information from the previous appointment gets used to run their background checks.

p.s. The Timeline spreadsheet is not “my” spreadsheet - it is a tool put together to benefit all DV based AOSers.
Hi mom, I was wondering if there is any chance for my 2nd biometrics to be waived given that I've given my biometrics in early April for my 1st application. Do you have any idea? Many thanks in advance!

hello @Sm1smom I received a notification after submitting an e-request that an interview was scheduled. When I called to find out the date they said the interview is in over a month. Is there a way to change the date of the interview in fear of visa exhaustion?

Hi Mom, I just chatted with live agent via Emma, and they told me my case is processing at the Oklahoma Field Office (my local) where an immigration officer was looking at my case on 0 7 / 1 9 / 2 0 2 4. Is this good?

hello @Sm1smom I received a notification after submitting an e-request that an interview was scheduled. When I called to find out the date they said the interview is in over a month. Is there a way to change the date of the interview in fear of visa exhaustion?
Is your interview in August?

Hi Mom, I just chatted with live agent via Emma, and they told me my case is processing at the Oklahoma Field Office (my local) where an immigration officer was looking at my case on 0 7 / 1 9 / 2 0 2 4. Is this good?
As already recommended in this response yesterday, add your case progress to the Timeline Spreadsheet. I will not provide further response to posts from folks who are not willing to add their case progress to the spreadsheet.

no they said September 5
No, not really. You can however share your concern with your congressman’s office to see if they’re able to help you further follow up and request an earlier date.