• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I just got an update from the “current” field office that I always thought had my case. They replied saying they have forwarded the inquiry to the field office which has jurisdiction over my case. Since I changed my address, Saint Louis is my new field office. But whenever I ask tier1 they keep saying my case is at the Des Moines field office which was under my old address. Now I’m confused as to who has the case in their office. I believe if Des Moines is forwarding the inquiry to Saint louis then saint Louis has the case but why does tier 1 keep saying Des Moines has case. I’m sorry but this is quite confusing
The Tier 1 agents can only provide you with the information they're able to see online, they have no access to actual case files and have limited access to case updates. If your initial FO has not provided a status update online about having transferred your case, the Tier 1 agent will have no way of knowing about the case transfer, which is why they've been telling you your case is with your previous FO.

The Tier 1 agents can only provide you with the information they're able to see online, they have no access to actual case files and have limited access to case updates. If your initial FO has not provided a status update online about having transferred your case, the Tier 1 agent will have no way of knowing about the case transfer, which is why they've been telling you your case is with your previous FO.
Okay so with Des Moines forwarding the case, does that mean internally the case was transferred to the saint Louis field office however, maybe an update wasn’t made for tier 1 agents to be able to see or even a tier 2 agent.

Hi everyone, and a special hello to Mom!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share my DV 2024 journey with you and maybe get some advice. Here's where I'm at:

- My number became current in January
- I sent my documents to the Lockbox in December
- My field office is Chicago
- I had my fingerprints taken on December 29, 2023 (no updates since then)
- I reached out to my congressman at the end of May (no updates from them too)

Recently, I even received my EAD card. I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do to help move my case along, besides waiting and possibly filing an e-Request after 6 months. I’d really appreciate any help! It’s so great to have a supportive community here.

Btw, I've also requested to add my case and timeline to the Google sheet.
Just a quick update: yesterday, I created a e-request (outside of normal processing time), and wrote to the congressman office. I’ll keep you posted if there are any updates and replies from them.

Hi mom, I just received in mailbox the Form I-797C notice of action, it basically says that They received my case, and still been processed, So should I do something with this information, there is my alien number and receipt number.

Just a quick update: yesterday, I created a e-request (outside of normal processing time), and wrote to the congressman office. I’ll keep you posted if there are any updates and replies from them.
@lenok68 did you mention in your congressman inquiry letter that you created an e-request on the USCIS website to bring to the congressman's attention the fact that the case is now outside of normal processing time?

Hi Mom and friends,

I'm doing the money order today. Should I put the case # in the memo field? Any tips on how to do the money order will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi Mom and friends,

I'm doing the money order today. Should I put the case # in the memo field? Any tips on how to do the money order will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Please write the " DV case # XXXXXXXXXXX and I-485 and Biometrics Fees". You can get a full amount of cashier's cheque from the Bank or broken amount (due to max. amount limitations/cap) of money order from the Post Office. They both work well.

Last edited:
Hi mom, I just received in mailbox the Form I-797C notice of action, it basically says that They received my case, and still been processed, So should I do something with this information, there is my alien number and receipt number.
You keep the NOA for your records and wait for the bio notice.

@lenok68 did you mention in your congressman inquiry letter that you created an e-request on the USCIS website to bring to the congressman's attention the fact that the case is now outside of normal processing time?
Volunteering such information, re submitting the eRequest without being asked about it is not recommended. They will basically ask you to go wait for the response first.

Hi all - wanted to give an update that I managed to schedule a call with the Tier 2 Agent today - they told me that the Tier 2 will get back to me within 30 days via phone call, an email or mail.
Here is how I did it: I told tier 1 that I am processing based on Diversity Visa basis that has a different protocol from other cases and has a strict timeline of September 2024, I also mentioned that there is no processing time for DV on the USCIS website, and that my case has to be at the FO after biometrics are taken. Then I asked if my case is still at NBC - the agent said yes - and I requested a transfer of my case to my local FO. The case transfer inquiry can be submitted only via Tier 2 agent, and the Tier 1 has submitted my request to the Tier 2. Hope this will be helpful to someone.

I need an immediate help
In i-134 item number 21, Is this important that my sponsor mark "do not intend" ?
If he mark this option (DO NOT INTEND) will form i-134 still effective?

I need an immediate help
In i-134 Part3 item number 21, Is this important that my sponsor mark "do not intend" ?
If he mark this option (DO NOT INTEND) will form i-134 still effective?

Hi all - wanted to give an update that I managed to schedule a call with the Tier 2 Agent today - they told me that the Tier 2 will get back to me within 30 days via phone call, an email or mail.
Here is how I did it: I told tier 1 that I am processing based on Diversity Visa basis that has a different protocol from other cases and has a strict timeline of September 2024, I also mentioned that there is no processing time for DV on the USCIS website, and that my case has to be at the FO after biometrics are taken. Then I asked if my case is still at NBC - the agent said yes - and I requested a transfer of my case to my local FO. The case transfer inquiry can be submitted only via Tier 2 agent, and the Tier 1 has submitted my request to the Tier 2. Hope this will be helpful to someone.
Good info, but I wonder if your case really was at NBC? From everything posted here, all tier 1 agents say it’s at NBC but that’s not factual.