• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Good info, but I wonder if your case really was at NBC? From everything posted here, all tier 1 agents say it’s at NBC but that’s not factual.
To be honest, I have no idea if is factual or not - all I know is that every tier 1 agent I spoke with - told me that it is at NBC. It seems that some people do get an answer from Tier 1 that the case is at their local FO. I hope my request will not harm my case as I just wanted to get a chance to speak with a Tier 2.

I need an immediate help
In i-134 Part3 item number 21, Is this important that my sponsor mark "do not intend" ?
If he mark this option (DO NOT INTEND) will form i-134 still effective?

Hi all, like many of you, I am (a little anxiously) waiting for my interview to be scheduled. But something's been extra bothering me today and I would like some opinions.

My field office is NYC, which sometimes contacts DV applicants via phone/email to check their availability before scheduling an interview. This morning at 8:15 and afternoon at 3:45, an unknown number from this area called me. I rarely get spam calls, let alone from this area - so I've grown a bit suspicious. Unfortunately, both times, I couldn't pick up.
The problem is, I can't call this number back or text it - I get an automated voicemail that says "your call cannot be completed as dialed" and a text which says "your message cannot be delivered to this non-wireless number". Not sure if this is typical of FOs.

It may very well be spam. But I know @Peachy300 here has mentioned missing calls from the NYC FO, so that's why I'm stressing out about missing a call from an unknown number that has tried calling me twice. I asked EMMA about it, but they gave me another number and said that USCIS typically reaches out through there. However, the agent might not know the specifics of each FO.

Is the only thing I can do right now to wait and keep my phone with me at all times? If it's indeed the FO calling me, I assume they'd try again tomorrow or later. Thanks for any advice.
Update:

So this number never called me again, and I couldn't find out who that was. However, in an interesting turn of events, I got my interview letter today and the letter's date is the same as my mysterious calls. Make of that what you will, and maybe keep your phone with you if you're from NYC and are waiting for an interview o_O
I am scheduled for July 16. My current month is July, and I early-filed in May.

I need an immediate help
In i-134 Part3 item number 21, Is this important that my sponsor mark "do not intend" ?
If he mark this option (DO NOT INTEND) will form i-134 still effective?
I Intend = Sponsor is limiting their support. Sponsor is required to specify how they’re willing to support/what they’re limiting their support to.

I Do Not Intend = Sponsor is not limiting support to a specific need/sponsor is willing to provide support as needed.

I Intend = Sponsor is limiting their support. Sponsor is required to specify how they’re willing to support/what they’re limiting their support to.

I Do Not Intend = Sponsor is not limiting support to a specific need/sponsor is willing to provide support as needed.
Thank you so so much Mom

Volunteering such information, re submitting the eRequest without being asked about it is not recommended. They will basically ask you to go wait for the response first.

@lenok68 did you mention in your congressman inquiry letter that you created an e-request on the USCIS website to bring to the congressman's attention the fact that the case is now outside of normal processing time?
No, I didn't mention it. But I mentioned that I contacted the congressman office a month ago, and my case has been pending more than 6 months. I also added that DV-based AOS has a strict deadline.
Seems Mom approves it.

Hi all - wanted to give an update that I managed to schedule a call with the Tier 2 Agent today - they told me that the Tier 2 will get back to me within 30 days via phone call, an email or mail.
Here is how I did it: I told tier 1 that I am processing based on Diversity Visa basis that has a different protocol from other cases and has a strict timeline of September 2024, I also mentioned that there is no processing time for DV on the USCIS website, and that my case has to be at the FO after biometrics are taken. Then I asked if my case is still at NBC - the agent said yes - and I requested a transfer of my case to my local FO. The case transfer inquiry can be submitted only via Tier 2 agent, and the Tier 1 has submitted my request to the Tier 2. Hope this will be helpful to someone.
Do you mind sharing how you managed to speak to a person at all, please? A few last times I called, I even couldn't speak to a person... I'm pretty sure before I spoke to tier 1 agents only.

Hi Simon. I was wondering if I can file adjust of status in US in the second week of July 2024 me and my family. My visa number is SAXXXXX5354. Additionally to it, I decided to attach the early filing memo since I don't see my number is going to be close. What do you suggest me to do?
Another question the medical examination letter will provide me until 15 July is it ok? Would it be an issue to get it at that date?
Regards,

Hi Simon. I was wondering if I can file adjust of status in US in the second week of July 2024 me and my family. My visa number is SAXXXXX5354. Additionally to it, I decided to attach the early filing memo since I don't see my number is going to be close. What do you suggest me to do?
Another question the medical examination letter will provide me until 15 July is it ok? Would it be an issue to get it at that date?
Regards,
You can't file AOS until your number is current in the advanced section of published visa bulletin. In the latest VB the cutoff for SA is 3150. There's no chance it's gonna get bumped by 2200...

Last edited:
@Sm1smom btw of early filing memo, this [1] was published yesterday. Looks like early filing is now officially part of USCIS policy manual [2]. There's a whole chapter related to DV AOS now. I haven't read it fully.

1. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...0240628-DiversityImmigrantBasedAdjustment.pdf
2. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-g-chapter-2 (section C)
This makes the policy clear as day. Could it mean now it’s much less risky to get denied for early filing?

@Sm1smom btw of early filing memo, this [1] was published yesterday. Looks like early filing is now officially part of USCIS policy manual [2]. There's a whole chapter related to DV AOS now. I haven't read it fully.

1. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...0240628-DiversityImmigrantBasedAdjustment.pdf
2. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-g-chapter-2 (section C)
This is fantastic. Thanks for this info. I’ve been waiting for so long (many years as a matter of fact) for USCIS to get their acts together and update the DV section of their policy manual which has been left blank prior to this update. I will need to find some time to carefully go through and update the AOS Process Spreadsheet as needed.

That's what I thought to file the second week of July by adding the early filing memo. However, I'm not sure. Let's wait for Simon to answer that question.

That's what I thought to file the second week of July by adding the early filing memo. However, I'm not sure.
You're not hearing me. In order to use the early filing your number has to be below cutoff in the advanced notification section in the latest VB. What I said above is that there's no chance for SA to go all the way up to 5355 in the next (and last) VB.

Regards,
That's what I thought to file the second week of July by adding the early filing memo. However, I'm not sure. Let's wait for Simon to answer that question.
I’m sorry you’re not eligible to file based on early filing, if your CN does not fall within the cut-off number listed in the Advance Notification chart of the VB, just like @Xarthisius already explained above. Early filing is not an option simply on the basis of being a selectee, your CN has to fall within the cutoff rank of the numbers in the C section, Advanced Notification chart of the VB, in order for you to be able to file on that basis.

p.s. I’m not Simon.

I’m sorry you’re not eligible to file based on early filing, if your CN does not fall within the cut-off number listed in the Advance Notification chart of the VB, just like @Xarthisius already explained above. Early filing is not an option simply on the basis of being a selectee, your CN has to fall within the cutoff rank of the numbers in the C section, Advanced Notification chart of the VB, in order for you to be able to file on that basis.

p.s. I’m not Simon.
Thank you for explaing me I did not undertand so much about the early filing what it meant. and I will wait until my visa number is current. Thank you so much!. Now I have another question. I already paid to receive my medical examination letter but they will provide me until July 15. They don't want to stay longer with the paper. In this case is it ok to receive the paper on July 15 or should I tell them to wait until I let them know. What about the 60 days rule for civil surgeon signature?

Regards,