• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Thank you for explaing me I did not undertand so much about the early filing what it meant. and I will wait until my visa number is current. Thank you so much!. Now I have another question. I already paid to receive my medical examination letter but they will provide me until July 15. They don't want to stay longer with the paper. In this case is it ok to receive the paper on July 15 or should I tell them to wait until I let them know. What about the 60 days rule for civil surgeon signature?

Regards,
Medical report is valid for two years. The 60 day rule for CS signature is no longer relevant. You can complete and have the medical report and have it signed now as a matter of fact, if you like. But bear in mind the possibility of your CN not becoming current at all which means the completed medical report becomes useless unless you have some of means of filing for AOS within the two year validity of the medical report.

Hı mom! I need your help.
As I said before me and my sons’ cases are approved but my husbands’ case still shows”fingerprints taken”
Today we received a RFE for him.
In our country(Turkey) military is compulsory.I explained that it is simple at the back page of the form but didn’t put any documents in my Aos package.Because I know that it is not required.
Can I send my Rfe to you as a private message to get your personal suggestions?
Or should I share from here?
Thank youu.

As I said before me and my sons’ cases are approved but my husbands’ case still shows”fingerprints taken”
In our country(Turkey) military is compulsory.I explained that it is simple at the back page of the form but didn’t put any documents in my Aos package.Because I know that it is not required.
Thank youu.
You can send it to me by PM. Send it to my inbox please.

Thank youu.
does AOS not require military records? I thought that was only police records.

Hi mom, they have just denied my application and my understanding from the attached is the cause is just early filing. In this case, the best thing to do is just filing I-485, right?

Attachments

• B8F8D0B0-1011-415D-BA9E-C44AE34D730E.jpeg
    B8F8D0B0-1011-415D-BA9E-C44AE34D730E.jpeg
    953.8 KB · Views: 40
Do you still have your previous status? If yes, then you can. If your only status is AOS pending then no.
I have literally 17 days left in my legal status (17 days out of 180 days) because it is b2 visa. I guess dealing with appealing this this denial will not help me as i feel like it will take more time. I guess it was mom’s suggestion before as well.

does AOS not require military records? I thought that was only police records.
In the spreadsheet ıt writes no military records are required but it doesn’t hurt ıf you ınclude and also it
writes police records are required ıf you have ever arrested,charged or convicted

In the spreadsheet ıt writes no military records are required but it doesn’t hurt ıf you ınclude and also it
writes police records are required ıf you have ever arrested,charged or convicted
Ok well, if the RFE asks for them you’ll need to get them.

Thank youu.
So the RFE says the brief explanation you wrote regarding Qs 49 & 55 on your I485 are not enough. They need you to provide more detailed information about your past military experience. They’ve requested for you to provide a written, signed, dated, and notarized statement explaining your military service and weapons training received, including details of weapons you were trained to use, and if you were in active combat. They also want you to list your rank, role, and combat location.

I think the RFE is straightforward enough. Respond and provide the detailed information which they’ve requested.

Ok well, if the RFE asks for them you’ll need to get them.
The RFE is not asking for an official military record. They’ve asked the OP to submit a written, signed, dated, and notarized statement because the initial explanation provided was not detailed enough. Of course if the OP had the official military record and had included it with their AOS package, the short explanation they provided on the I485 might have been deemed sufficient.

The RFE is not asking for an official military record. They’ve asked the OP to submit a written, signed, dated, and notarized statement because the initial explanation provided was not detailed enough. Of course if the OP had the official military record and had included it with their AOS package, the short explanation they provided on the I485 might have been deemed sufficient.
Thanks - I had to guess at the rfe given poster didn’t give details.

Hi mom, they have just denied my application and my understanding from the attached is the cause is just early filing. In this case, the best thing to do is just filing I-485, right?
Sorry to learn of the denial. You’re however fortunate the denial came before the end of your authorized stay. Your only option, and not just the best thing, is to immediately file a new application. You want to ensure it gets received and accepted by the Lockbox before your authorized stay expires.

File as soon as possible to gain AOS pending status.
do you know if i need to do the medical exam or can i ask civil surgeon to give me another sealed folder? Also all my vaccine originals are gone with the first file. Can i just add copies to the new one? Lastly, should i both file a new i-485 and also try to reach out to uscis to ask them for reconsideration of my case or request motion as indicated in the letter? I’m trying to find the early filing memo but it seems uscis has removed it from their webpage.

Sorry to learn of the denial. You’re however fortunate the denial came before the end of your authorized stay. Your only option, and not just the best thing, is to immediately file a new application. You want to ensure it gets received and accepted by the Lockbox before your authorized stay expires.
Thanks mom. I want to ask the same to you too.
1. Do i need to do the medical exam or can i ask civil surgeon to give me another sealed folder?
2. Also all my vaccine originals are gone with the first file. Can i just add copies to the new one?
3. Lastly, should i both file a new i-485 and also try to reach out to uscis to ask them for reconsideration of my case or request motion as indicated in the letter?

I’m trying to find the early filing memo but it seems uscis has removed it from their webpage.

Thanks mom. I want to ask the same to you too.
1. Do i need to do the medical exam or can i ask civil surgeon to give me another sealed folder?
2. Also all my vaccine originals are gone with the first file. Can i just add copies to the new one?
3. Lastly, should i both file a new i-485 and also try to reach out to uscis to ask them for reconsideration of my case or request motion as indicated in the letter?

I’m trying to find the early filing memo but it seems uscis has removed it from their webpage.
1. It depends on your CS. They may not be willing to simply give you a new copy of the medical report. This is business for them.
2. There’s no requirement to add copies of vaccine records to the AOS package. The CS lists the vaccines taken on the I-639 itself.
3. I already explained what I deem to be your only viable option. At least that is the only route I would follow if this was my case and I’m facing a clock countdown. You however may explore the other options if you like.

1. It depends on your CS. They may not be willing to simply give you a new copy of the medical report. This is business for them.
2. There’s no requirement to add copies of vaccine records to the AOS package. The CS lists the vaccines taken on the I-639 itself.
3. I already explained what I deem to be your only viable option. At least that is the only route I would follow if this was my case and I’m facing a clock countdown. You however may explore the other options if you like.
Thank you for the quick response. I will file a new application but I’m not sure if trying to motion to reopen and reconsider thru i-290b at the same time would be harmless. Do you have any idea about it?

Also could you please share the link to the early filing memo? The link in the spreadsheet doesn’t seem to be going to ithe memo anymore. Thank you

Also could you please share the link to the early filing memo? The link in the spreadsheet doesn’t seem to be going to ithe memo anymore. Thank you
I’m guessing you missed this post discussing that early filing is now in the policy manual.

@Sm1smom btw of early filing memo, this [1] was published yesterday. Looks like early filing is now officially part of USCIS policy manual [2]. There's a whole chapter related to DV AOS now. I haven't read it fully.

1. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...0240628-DiversityImmigrantBasedAdjustment.pdf
2. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-g-chapter-2 (section C)