• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Dear Mom,
We are doing early filing. We have done biometrics, and this what we see in USCIS:
1. It says "We are temporarily pausing work on your application because an immigrant visa number is not immediately available to you. Once an immigrant visa number becomes immediately available to you, we will resume processing of your application."
2. Two applicants has status "Biometrics received", but the main applicant does not.

Should I be concerned?
I am wondering if they really "will resume proccessing" after July 1st (this is when my case will become current) or the may just forgot about our case?
And why Bios status is not updated for main applicant? My assumption is because case is pending, the system can't be updated. But why is it updated for ywo other applicants then?

Bio.JPG
Thank you

Dear Mom,
We are doing early filing. We have done biometrics, and this what we see in USCIS:
1. It says "We are temporarily pausing work on your application because an immigrant visa number is not immediately available to you. Once an immigrant visa number becomes immediately available to you, we will resume processing of your application."
2. Two applicants has status "Biometrics received", but the main applicant does not.

Should I be concerned?
I am wondering if they really "will resume proccessing" after July 1st (this is when my case will become current) or the may just forgot about our case?
And why Bios status is not updated for main applicant? My assumption is because case is pending, the system can't be updated. But why is it updated for ywo other applicants then?

View attachment 4759
Thank you
Looks like your FO or the assigned IO was ready to proceed with your case, but they realized it is not yet your CN current month, so they paused it. They will resume when their schedule next permits. It is not unusual for all the cases to not get the same update at the same time.

p.s. Update your case progress on the Timeline Spreadsheet. You’re missing quite a couple of pertinent information.

Hello everyone,
I’ve noticed that once some members receive the update that their card is being produced or even other updates like Bio, they tend to stop or delay contributing to the forum. As a fellow member, I want to stress that consistently updating our timeline sheet is not just a responsibility—it's the best way to repay the favor to the forum and Mom who has guided us through the green card process. This effort is vital for new applicants navigating their USCIS cases. The rich content and insights we share are invaluable; without them, many of us would struggle to achieve our goals. Let’s continue to update our timelines and give back to the community that has helped us so much.

If you’re planning on sending out your package on July 1st, then you can sign your forms with a July 1st date.
1. Am I correct that if my number is valid on July 1st and I do not want to use early filing, I must sign all forms on July 1st? 2. I can send on June 27, but sign on July 1? Thank you very much .

1. Am I correct that if my number is valid on July 1st and I do not want to use early filing, I must sign all forms on July 1st? 2. I can send on June 27, but sign on July 1? Thank you very much .
1. No, there is no such requirement.
2. No, you cannot do that.

I already addressed both of your questions with my previous response. You cannot post date the forms. The dates you put on the form to indicate when the forms got signed should not be after the forms get mailed. The date needs to be on or before the forms get mailed.

1. No, there is no such requirement.
2. No, you cannot do that.

I already addressed both of your questions with my previous response. You cannot post date the forms. The dates you put on the form to indicate when the forms got signed should not be after the forms get mailed. The date needs to be on or before the forms get mailed.
Sorry for asking again, my English is not perfect, and I’m clarifying because it’s important to me at the moment. And thank you very much for your help for me .
1. If my number is valid from July 1, can I sign on June 27 and send on June 27, and this will not be considered an early submission?

Sorry for asking again, my English is not perfect, and I’m clarifying because it’s important to me at the moment. And thank you very much for your help for me .
1. If my number is valid from July 1, can I sign on June 27 and send on June 27, and this will not be considered an early submission?
Hi! I am not an expert but it would be considered as an early filling if you are current in July but sending it in June. :) You can sign and send it early tho on your own risk. Personally, I don't think it would be an issue but make sure to attach an early filling memo letter that is listed in the spreadsheet

If you sign and mail the package on June 27th, it will NOT be considered as early filing IF the package is delivered on or after July 1st. The date you sign the package is not what determines if you’ve done early filing or not.

Quick update
I requested for a tier 2 call in May 7th 2024 and I just got a call back today. I asked the officer the latest information on the case and he said the finger printing notification which I already know. I then asked if he can see in file history anything regards background checks cleared or not and he didn’t really provide an answer. He just went ahead to say he will need to forward the inquiry to the Field office I have now. I asked if an info pass can be scheduled for me to go in person to the field office and he declined that as well. He stated the field office will contact me and I guess at this moment just trust in God and wait. It’s really exhausting not being able to get real time info even from tier 2.

Hi everyone, and a special hello to Mom!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share my DV 2024 journey with you and maybe get some advice. Here's where I'm at:

- My number became current in January
- I sent my documents to the Lockbox in December
- My field office is Chicago
- I had my fingerprints taken on December 29, 2023 (no updates since then)
- I reached out to my congressman at the end of May (no updates from them too)

Recently, I even received my EAD card. I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do to help move my case along, besides waiting and possibly filing an e-Request after 6 months. I’d really appreciate any help! It’s so great to have a supportive community here.

Btw, I've also requested to add my case and timeline to the Google sheet.

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share my DV 2024 journey with you and maybe get some advice. Here's where I'm at:

Recently, I even received my EAD card. I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do to help move my case along, besides waiting and possibly filing an e-Request after 6 months. I’d really appreciate any help! It’s so great to have a supportive community here.

I just added my timeline to the spreadsheet, line 83. Thank you.

Did you follow up with your congressman to find out if they’ve heard back or they already provided you whatever information they received from USCIS?
Have you also tried contacting a USCIS agent via Emma or calling the 1800 number?

Did you follow up with your congressman to find out if they’ve heard back or they already provided you whatever information they received from USCIS?
Have you also tried contacting a USCIS agent via Emma or calling the 1800 number?
Yes, I followed up with them. I even don’t know if they sent a request to USCIS. In short, someone from the congressman office reached out to me requesting to fill out and sign additional forms in May. I did it. Later, I emailed them asking if they could tell me if they sent the request or maybe they need other documents from me, but no response from them. Maybe I should ping them again.

As for contacting Emma or calling, I tried it too. They provide me with the same updates as I see in my USCIS account. I don’t know how to get more information.