• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi all, like many of you, I am (a little anxiously) waiting for my interview to be scheduled. But something's been extra bothering me today and I would like some opinions.

My field office is NYC, which sometimes contacts DV applicants via phone/email to check their availability before scheduling an interview. This morning at 8:15 and afternoon at 3:45, an unknown number from this area called me. I rarely get spam calls, let alone from this area - so I've grown a bit suspicious. Unfortunately, both times, I couldn't pick up.
The problem is, I can't call this number back or text it - I get an automated voicemail that says "your call cannot be completed as dialed" and a text which says "your message cannot be delivered to this non-wireless number". Not sure if this is typical of FOs.

It may very well be spam. But I know @Peachy300 here has mentioned missing calls from the NYC FO, so that's why I'm stressing out about missing a call from an unknown number that has tried calling me twice. I asked EMMA about it, but they gave me another number and said that USCIS typically reaches out through there. However, the agent might not know the specifics of each FO.

Is the only thing I can do right now to wait and keep my phone with me at all times? If it's indeed the FO calling me, I assume they'd try again tomorrow or later. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Hi all, like many of you, I am (a little anxiously) waiting for my interview to be scheduled. But something's been extra bothering me today and I would like some opinions.

My field office is NYC, which sometimes contacts DV applicants via phone/email to check their availability before scheduling an interview. This morning at 8:15 and afternoon at 3:45, an unknown number from this area called me. I rarely get spam calls, let alone from this area - so I've grown a bit suspicious. Unfortunately, both times, I couldn't pick up.
The problem is, I can't call this number back or text it - I get an automated voicemail that says "your call cannot be completed as dialed" and a text which says "your message cannot be delivered to this non-wireless number". Not sure if this is typical of FOs.

It may very well be spam. But I know @Peachy300 here has mentioned missing calls from the NYC FO, so that's why I'm stressing out about missing a call from an unknown number that has tried calling me twice. I asked EMMA about it, but they gave me another number and said that USCIS typically reaches out through there. However, the agent might not know the specifics of each FO.

Is the only thing I can do right now to wait and keep my phone with me at all times? If it's indeed the FO calling me, I assume they'd try again tomorrow or later. Thanks for any advice.
Yup. That's all you can do at this point.

Hi Mom,
1. Is the anything other than my sponsor's W-2, Pay-Slips, and Government issued ID, that need to be attached to i-134?
2. In above question, W-2 form for how many years needed?
3. And payslips for how long?

Hi @Sm1smom I am the main applicant.Today my account is updated “The new card is being produced” And it is same for my sons.
But my husbands’ account still writes “Fingerprints were taken”
Could there be a problem?
I would be very pleased if you answer

Hi Mom,
1. Is the anything other than my sponsor's W-2, Pay-Slips, and Government issued ID, that need to be attached to i-134?
2. In above question, W-2 form for how many years needed?
3. And payslips for how long?
1. If anything else is needed, the spreadsheet would have noted that.
2 & 3. Another forum member already accurately responded to you on these two questions yesterday.

Hi @Sm1smom I am the main applicant.Today my account is updated “The new card is being produced” And it is same for my sons.
But my husbands’ account still writes “Fingerprints were taken”
Could there be a problem?
I would be very pleased if you answer
Congratulations. Your husband’s case could be facing a delay due to pending background check clearance.

Congratulations. Your husband’s case could be facing a delay due to pending background check clearance.
Thank you so much @Sm1smom .I completed most of my missing points by reading several times your magic form.

Do you have any idea about how long could this background check could take? How soon should I call Uscis if his account is not updated .

Again huge thanks to you ..And good luck for all others.

Thank you so much @Sm1smom .I completed most of my missing points by reading several times your magic form.

Do you have any idea about how long could this background check could take? How soon should I call Uscis if his account is not updated .

Again huge thanks to you ..And good luck for all others.
Thanks for confirming you found the AOS process spreadsheet quite useful.

No one can predict how long a pending background check clearance could take as we have no idea of what the background check revealed. It is a process that needs to be resolved on its own, so it calls for some extra patience as no amount of follow-up attempts can speed up the process.

Thanks for confirming you found the AOS process spreadsheet quite useful.

No one can predict how long a pending background check clearance could take as we have no idea of what the background check revealed. It is a process that needs to be resolved on its own, so it calls for some extra patience as no amount of follow-up attempts can speed up the process.
So we will keep waiting patiently .Thank you

Hello Mom,thank you for your help, my current number will become relevant from July 1, I planned to send the envelope on June 27, but now I doubt whether it makes sense to send it a little earlier.
1. Do I need to sign all the forms on July 1?
2. And that means I need to send it no earlier than July 1?
I don't want to risk an early harvest, thanks for the help and answer.

Hello Mom,thank you for your help, my current number will become relevant from July 1, I planned to send the envelope on June 27, but now I doubt whether it makes sense to send it a little earlier.
1. Do I need to sign all the forms on July 1?
2. And that means I need to send it no earlier than July 1?
I don't want to risk an early harvest, thanks for the help and answer.
If you’re planning on sending out your package on July 1st, then you can sign your forms with a July 1st date.

No advantage, your spouse is your derivatives.
But where in my i134 I can show that I've a derivative? I could find any place to add her name too, (because of uscis and their regulation about poverty guideline and sponsor's household members)