• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom!
I Just received this email from USCIS:

"Dear X,
This email is to confirm the USCIS Contact Center received your inquiry. This inquiry is regarding:
Contact Name: X
Service Item Number: X
Inquiry Issue: Non Receipt
Receipt Number:X
Email for Contact: X
Phone Number to Contact: X
Inquiry Received Date: 6/12/2024
The USCIS Contact Center has a response time goal of 10 days based on your issue. There is no need to contact us again regarding this inquiry and will respond to your inquiry as soon as we are able."

I do not remember submitting any inquiry in regards of non receipt. I did not submit any inquiry at all to the USCIS. I remember calling them for the case status update, could that be the reason of this email from USCIS? Is this normal at all?

Sorry to hear that, that's what I would do but I am not a tax professional. 1) Create an account with IRS and see what is the latest tax transcript you have there 2) Consult with an accountant and file an extension 3) Call IRS and explain the situation and see what they say. Don't worry - a lot of people forget to do their taxes but I'd get this done as soon as possible. Usually IRS does not open a lawsuit against people who don't file taxes unless it hits a big amount of debt to IRS.

As of how it will impact AOS process and if you can submit just your last year tax transcript - I would see what Mom says.

The spreadsheet does say to include your latest tax transcript and that would be 2022 in your case and I would probably include the copy of an extension letter that you need to file.
May you please send the copy of extension letter. Thank you.
I also still waiting for Mom's response

@mz777 you will need to file an extension and then you will have your letter. Please contact an accountant and submit an extension to the IRS. Before submitting it to the IRS - make a copy and attach it to your case. This is just my advice on what I'd do in your situation. There is no generic copy of the letter, you need to file and submit it yourself or via accountant to the IRS. PS I think Mom already responded to you.

Hi Mom!

"Dear X,
This email is to confirm the USCIS Contact Center received your inquiry. This inquiry is regarding:
The USCIS Contact Center has a response time goal of 10 days based on your issue. There is no need to contact us again regarding this inquiry and will respond to your inquiry as soon as we are able."

I do not remember submitting any inquiry in regards of non receipt. I did not submit any inquiry at all to the USCIS. I remember calling them for the case status update, could that be the reason of this email from USCIS? Is this normal at all?
If you had a communication with a agent via EMAA or called USCIS, this is a standard email you get from USCIS acknowledging the communication ....

Hi Mom!

"Dear X,

If you had a communication with an agent via EMAA or called USCIS, this is a standard email you get from USCIS acknowledging the communication ....
Yep. Correct.

You've received another response on here already, but if I was you I would:

1. Contact IRS and ask for extension (and/or get an accountant to do on your behalf).
2. Immediately re-submit your 2023 taxes.
3. Include copy of submitted 2023 taxes with your AOS package + a copy of the IRS extension letter if it comes in time.

If your number was current in June, I would not wait for the extension letter before submitting the AOS package. By the time you get called for an interview, you will likely have your 2023 tax return submitted and received by the IRS and you can take that information to the interview.

Hi Mom, something bad happened to us,
Just today we found that USPS missed our 2023 federal tax package and they haven't delivered our package to IRS.
What should we do?
Please help us
For future reference you should always send it by certified mail, with a return receipt. This will be your proof of the date you mailed your tax return and when the IRS received it.

Good afternoon. I have a quick question. I was looking for information and couldn't figure it out. I plan to pay 1440 using a cashier's check, and I know who to pay - the US Department of Homeland Security. but questions remain.
1. Can you tell me their address, which should I indicate on the check?
2. could you tell me the payment designation? And I want to thank you very much for your work, you are very helpful. Sorry for my English.

Good afternoon. I have a quick question. I was looking for information and couldn't figure it out. I plan to pay 1440 using a cashier's check, and I know who to pay - the US Department of Homeland Security. but questions remain.
1. Can you tell me their address, which should I indicate on the check?
2. could you tell me the payment designation? And I want to thank you very much for your work, you are very helpful. Sorry for my English.
Your check should be addressed to U.S. Department of Homeland
1. You can use the address of the Lockbox where you will be mailing your AOS package to.
2. You can designate it as I-485 Adjustment of Status.

Good afternoon, I started reading the forum and realized that my civil surgeon did not give me an updated Covid vaccination, I have 4 vaccinations, but all 2021-2022 Pfizer, I was going to send the package next week, what do you recommend?
1. Should I redo my medical exams?
thank you very much for your help.

Good afternoon, I started reading the forum and realized that my civil surgeon did not give me an updated Covid vaccination, I have 4 vaccinations, but all 2021-2022 Pfizer, I was going to send the package next week, what do you recommend?
1. Should I redo my medical exams?
thank you very much for your help.
I would definitely get the bivalent booster.

Hi Mom,
It's a final double check,
May you please name the supportive documents that the original version of them should be attached to the package.
Thank you

Hi Mom,
It's a final double check,
May you please name the supportive documents that the original version of them should be attached to the package.
Thank you
No, I will not do that here. The “AOS Package” tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet is quite clear enough IMO regarding the supporting documents that could/should be a copy. I recommend you go through it again please.