• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,
I contacted EMMA to see if there's interview/RFE the other day and asked for the access code to see the documents online (they refused tho). As I'm going to travel around, I won't be able to check my mailbox immediately. I'm wondering if I can just ask for an email copy of whatever sent to me afterward if there's something from my FO as I can see that from the USPS inform delivery?
You can ask. They will most likely tell you NO.

Mom please help me,
In form i485 Part2, what my dependent and I should write for item number 3 to 9?

In the beginning this section said:
" if you are the principal applicant, provide the following information "
Take a look at the pre-filled sample I-485. For the Derivative, answer questions 5a-5c, and 7 only.

Hi @J_Miami ! We have the same FO. Congratulations! Were you able to hear anything back from the Congresswoman's inquiry?
Hi Tanya! Thank you and looking forward to read about your happy updates too. I actually didn't get any reply from our Congresswoman, but I did contact her office right away when I got my interview notice just to make sure they don't waste their time on my case as it's moving forward. I think and hope your case will move faster than mine, because it's later in the fiscal year.

You can ask. They will most likely tell you NO.
But how would I know about my interview date or RFE if I’m not at home? There’s just no other way but ask a friend of mine to check my mailbox?
Also, I understand sometimes EMMA won’t get any update from FO, but will they be able to tell me my interview date after sending the interview notice.

Last edited:
But how would I know about my interview date or RFE if I’m not at home? There’s just no other way but ask a friend of mine to check my mailbox?
Also, I understand sometimes EMMA won’t get any update from FO, but will they be able to tell me my interview date after sending the interview notice.
Unfortunately, asking a friend to check your mailbox is your guaranteed way of knowing. EMMA will not be able to tell you anything if your FO has not uploaded the information about RFE or interview notice.

Take a look at the pre-filled sample I-485. For the Derivative, answer questions 5a-5c, and 7 only.
Thank you so much Mom,
I think it will be my last question about i485, I need to add one of my previous addresses in the last page of the form because there is not enough space in page5 (part3), now the question is what should I write for Part14 item number 3.c. that ask about the "item number"

Sorry I couldn't find a similar thing in the sample form

Thank you so much Mom,
I think it will be my last question about i485, I need to add one of my previous addresses in the last page of the form because there is not enough space in page5 (part3), now the question is what should I write for Part14 item number 3.c. that ask about the "item number"

Sorry I couldn't find a similar thing in the sample form
You can write the page and part number, while leaving the item number section blank.

Hi Tanya! Thank you and looking forward to read about your happy updates too. I actually didn't get any reply from our Congresswoman, but I did contact her office right away when I got my interview notice just to make sure they don't waste their time on my case as it's moving forward. I think and hope your case will move faster than mine, because it's later in the fiscal year.
Thank you so much J! I can not wait for my happy message either :p! Congratulations again! Very happy for you and your family!

Hello Mom,
I have a question regarding my timeline which is listed as ka_925. I have seen that everyone who submitted their forms in December has already at least gotten their interviews or it got waived. I am really starting to get worried regarding my process I have sent my congressman an inquiry but I have gotten a reply back saying that my case is pending and that will be assigned an officer. What can I do at this point should I just be patient and hope that they will assign me an officer because it has been almost 7 months with no updates regarding my case or can I do something else, thank you always for your assistance.

Hello Mom,
I have a question regarding my timeline which is listed as ka_925. I have seen that everyone who submitted their forms in December has already at least gotten their interviews or it got waived. I am really starting to get worried regarding my process I have sent my congressman an inquiry but I have gotten a reply back saying that my case is pending and that will be assigned an officer. What can I do at this point should I just be patient and hope that they will assign me an officer because it has been almost 7 months with no updates regarding my case or can I do something else, thank you always for your assistance.
when did you send your congress inquiry?
have you tried e-request since your case exceeded 6 month time processing?

when did you send your congress inquiry?
have you tried e-request since your case exceeded 6 month time processing?
I sent my congressman inquiry on May 22 and got my reply back on June 9
I haven't tried an e-request yet what is that and will it help me expedite my process? thank you

Hello Mom,
Hmmn, interesting. You can submit e-Request for case outside normal processing time at this point.

Note: It will not necessarily "expedite" your process if the delay you're experiencing is due to a pending background check clearance. But submitting this request will hopefully bring the case to the attention of someone at your FO, just in case it is one of those that sometimes fall through the cracks for some unknown reasons.

Unfortunately, asking a friend to check your mailbox is your guaranteed way of knowing. EMMA will not be able to tell you anything if your FO has not uploaded the information about RFE or interview notice.
Hey Mom, do we have an anecdotal source on the forum regarding which FOs tend to upload such info for EMMA's availability?

Mom, my sponsor and I have an important question about i-134,
In Part 2 (page 2) item number 12 "Beneficiary's Anticipated Length of Stay" for how long he should support us and when is the end of the period that my sponsor should support us?

Mom, my sponsor and I have an important question about i-134,
In Part 2 (page 2) item number 12 "Beneficiary's Anticipated Length of Stay" for how long he should support us and when is the end of the period that my sponsor should support us?
No End Date is ideally the correct option. You however should try and reassure your sponsor that this does not necessarily mean they’re obligated to support you indefinitely.

No End Date is ideally the correct option. You however should try and reassure your sponsor that this does not necessarily mean they’re obligated to support you indefinitely.
If she don't want to choose "No End", is there a minimum acceptable period for this period of time? Or do you have any idea about that

If she don't want to choose "No End", is there a minimum acceptable period for this period of time? Or do you have any idea about that
She can put whatever end date she’s comfortable with in that case and you hope for the best.