• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom and everyone!
It's my first time here and apologize ahead of time if I'm asking vague questions, just trying to get an opinion, I know nothing is guaranteed.

August bulletin was published and it says cases with number 30000 can now apply, I'm at 33735, what are the chances that I can hit my turn in September and will have enough time for interview?

Good evening, I’m currently making final preparations, and I have a question. Please, help .
1. Personal check - can this be a cashier's check?
2. I don’t quite understand, should I include a check for $1440 per person in the package or do I need to pay an additional $85 for biometrics? Thank you very much and sorry about my English .
1- Yes, I sent one.
2- $1440 includes the biometrics fee, so you won’t pay an additional $85.

Hello Mom & all other friends,
instruction of i-683 form says we need to put an "N/A" for any item that is not applicable for us (for example Middle Name or A Number) and also we need to put a "None" for the items that we don't have (for example we need to write "None" in front of the number of child, if we don't have any children),
But my civil surgeon left all of these parts blank, I need to know is this OK?
Please let me know if you have had any experience about this?
Thank you
Are you sure the instruction says to write N/A for Middle Name or A number? Is that what you did on your I-485? You certainly can and should leave the Middle Name section blank if you have no middle name, unless you want your GC to be issued with “N/A” written on it as your middle name. The A# should also be left blank if you have none.

And by the way the instructions actually says you are to complete Part 1 of the form, which is the part that contains the middle name and A# which you’ve used as your example.

Apart from your above example, which other sections of the form did your CS leave blank?

Hi Mom and everyone!
It's my first time here and apologize ahead of time if I'm asking vague questions, just trying to get an opinion, I know nothing is guaranteed.

August bulletin was published and it says cases with number 30000 can now apply, I'm at 33735, what are the chances that I can hit my turn in September and will have enough time for interview?
I’m sorry I don’t make predictions, I therefore cannot say what the possibility of your CN becoming current in September is. And should your CN become current, I also cannot predict if you will have enough time to complete the process or not, as each case/application is specific, and gets treated accordingly. I however can say we’ve had reports of selectees who became current in September and successfully completed the process (while some did not). There have also been cases of selectees who became current at the start/middle of the FY who unfortunately did not successfully complete the process.

Are you sure the instruction says to write N/A for Middle Name or A number? Is that what you did on your I-485? You certainly can and should leave the Middle Name section blank if you have no middle name, unless you want your GC to be issued with “N/A” written on it as your middle name. The A# should also be left blank if you have none.

And by the way the instructions actually says you are to complete Part 1 of the form, which is the part that contains the middle name and A# which you’ve used as your example.

Apart from your above example, which other sections of the form did your CS leave blank?
Oh thank you very much Mom,
Yes that was what I did on my i485 but I'm going to correct it now,

Except that my CS completed all other sections and confirmed that I've no problem and we need to wait just for the results of blood test.

And I'll be thankful if you answer to this question too:
Should I use capital alphabets to complete i485?

Oh thank you very much Mom,
Yes that was what I did on my i485 but I'm going to correct it now,

Except that my CS completed all other sections and confirmed that I've no problem and we need to wait just for the results of blood test.

And I'll be thankful if you answer to this question too:
Should I use capital alphabets to complete i485?
If your CS completed every other section, then there's no problem with the form. Just cross check to confirm the vaccine worksheet is fully completed, and no part of that section is left unchecked - this is where a mistake is likely to be made with an unchecked box.

It doesn't matter be it all upper case, or upper case followed by lower case.

If your CS completed every other section, then there's no problem with the form. Just cross check to confirm the vaccine worksheet is fully completed, and no part of that section is left unchecked - this is where a mistake is likely to be made with an unchecked box.

It doesn't matter be it all upper case, or upper case followed by lower case.
Thank you Mom :)

Hi all! I had a call with Tier 1 agent in regards of my application's status. I received biometrics letter on 6/16 and have completed them since. However, my case is still in NBC. Is that normal? I thought cases are being sent to FO after they schedule for biometrics.

Unlike the bio, Emma is unable to view scheduled interviews. The only way to get notified is through mail communication. Is that correct?
The agents may or may not be able to see updates about scheduled interviews, it all depends on if the FO decides to upload such information or not. Interview schedule is typically sent by mail, however in a few situation where there's a sudden opening, the IO assigned to a case may decide to call or send an email to check on an applicant's availability to come in within a short period of time.

Hi all! I had a call with Tier 1 agent in regards of my application's status. I received biometrics letter on 6/16 and have completed them since. However, my case is still in NBC. Is that normal? I thought cases are being sent to FO after they schedule for biometrics.
You can safely take that update with pinch of salt. It is not unusual for them to tell you that. As a matter of fact, if you call again, don't be surprised if another agent tells you a different story. AOS cases, especially DV based ones, gets transferred to the FO by the NBC as soon as the bio gets scheduled - that is the established process.

You can safely take that update with pinch of salt. It is not unusual for them to tell you that. As a matter of fact, if you call again, don't be surprised if another agent tells you a different story. AOS cases, especially DV based ones, gets transferred to the FO by the NBC as soon as the bio gets scheduled - that is the established process.
Thank you for your response! Why tier agents might say it is in NBC when it is not? Does it nor appear in the system? What is the best way to find out if my case has been transferred to my FO? Would congressional inquiry be sufficient to submit right now?

That’s a lovely story. I am also a j1 student and I had the 2 year rule back in 2019 which i satisfied. I’m curious did she stress a lot about the j1 2 year home residency? I’m just wondering what kind of documents I can use to proof my compliance. I did submit an additional letter in my AOS package explaining with school docs how I satisfied the 2 year rule but I’m just curious if it was really a big deal. Congratulations once a again
Hi there! This is the only question we got asked twice, but I think in our case there was really no record of the J1 as it was so long ago. In your case since its more recent I think it can be also easily proven with passport stamps, previous i94s and/or FOIA request. For an additional proof I would take a school letter/ rent contract/ medical bills to prove the home country residence (just in case if you are worried) Hope all goes well and looking forward to good news!

Hi,
I contacted EMMA to see if there's interview/RFE the other day and asked for the access code to see the documents online (they refused tho). As I'm going to travel around, I won't be able to check my mailbox immediately. I'm wondering if I can just ask for an email copy of whatever sent to me afterward if there's something from my FO as I can see that from the USPS inform delivery?

Thank you for your response! Why tier agents might say it is in NBC when it is not? Does it nor appear in the system? What is the best way to find out if my case has been transferred to my FO? Would congressional inquiry be sufficient to submit right now?
I feel trying to find out if the case is still at NBC or has been forwarded to the FO is a redundant question, so I do not dwell on why some agents are not providing accurate information. It is redundant in the sense that knowing the case is at the FO is not an indicator of how soon or when the interview/or interview waiver could be. So why would you want to waste a congressional inquiry at getting that information? A complete waste of case follow-up resource IMHO.

Mom please help me,
In form i485 Part2, what my dependent and I should write for item number 3 to 9?

In the beginning this section said:
" if you are the principal applicant, provide the following information "