• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,
Did you guys staple your i693 forms before presenting them to the doctor or not?
Any idea about the standard way for attaching them together??

Hi,
Did you guys staple your i693 forms before presenting them to the doctor or not?
Any idea about the standard way for attaching them together??
Hi,
I didn’t as I do remember someone saying not to staple anything.
I just put it in a folder and gave it to civil surgeon. They gave back the folder and an sealed envelope with my i693 forms to me after the medical exam

Last edited:
Hi Mom

My wife who is the main applicant completed her bachelor’s on in Institute of Chemical Technology - field of study is Protection of Environment. could this be categorized as TAL?
Her work experience though was academic only, teaching at school.

Thx

I don't know, I have no idea what her study entailed. You can take a look at the 2024 Critical and Emerging Technologies List Update released by the White House back in February 2024. There's also a couple of other links on the FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet you might want to look at.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 154726.jpg
Hi, all,
I want to update my situation. It looks like my Green Card is on its way. Today I already received 2 letters from USCIS saying my application was approved. My current month is June. It was really fast, and I am glad of that.
Thank you, Mom, for all you do with a nice and kind heart. Your answers are super helpful.
I hope all of you can get your Green Card soon.
Have a nice day!

View attachment 4745
Hi, all,
I want to update my situation. It looks like my Green Card is on its way. Today I already received 2 letters from USCIS saying my application was approved. My current month is June. It was really fast, and I am glad of that.
Thank you, Mom, for all you do with a nice and kind heart. Your answers are super helpful.
Have a nice day!
Great update! Congratulations :)

View attachment 4745
Hi, all,
Have a nice day!
Hi, congratulations,
May you please tell me when did you submit your package? Because you said your current month was June.

Hi, congratulations,
May you please tell me when did you submit your package? Because you said your current month was June.
Hi, thank you.
It is written in the photo and more details are in the timeline. I sent my package as soon as the visa bulletin for June was released in April. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, thank you.
It is written in the photo and more details are in the timeline. I sent my package as soon as the visa bulletin for June was released in April. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your response,
So you used early filling to submit your package right? I'm a little worried for doing that because some people said that some officers are still denying packages that are submitted before their numbers be current. I need to know your opinion around it please

Yes, I did. I would say I hired the same lawyer that helped me with the 2 previous visa processes. She knew about Green Card Lottery, so, it was very useful because not all lawyers know about it. She put a letter explaining Early Filing quoting the memorandum that allows it.
So, thanks to that they had time to process my case. It was my experience.

Yes, I did. I would say I hired the same lawyer that helped me with the 2 previous visa processes. She knew about Green Card Lottery, so, it was very useful because not all lawyers know about it. She put a letter explaining Early Filing quoting the memorandum that allows it.
So, thanks to that they had time to process my case. It was my experience.
Did she just attach a copy of the relevant circular about the early filling to your package, or she independently sent a letter to the uscis about it?

Hi! I have a quick question: When NBC sends out biometrics letter - does that mean it has been sent to the FO? Or at what point NBC sends the package to the FO? ps I did review the spreadsheet with Lockbox & FO

@mz777 I know that the early filing letter should be attached in a package and better if it is a front page. You should check out the AOS process spreadsheet and review AOS package assembly tab - there is also a link to the USCIS official website recommendations on how to file. And I would recommend youtube videos on how to assemble I-485 package. Do not forget to write your name on the back of passport photos. And just my recommendation: I'd file early since not that much time left.

You do realize you could have checked your case directly from the official source as against using a 3rd party app? And AFAIK, the app does not provide updates based on specific AOS filings, so are you sure you're able to compare you case with other DV based AOS submissions? Considering we've had reports in this forum of DV based AOS cases filed in February, March, or even April as already approved, this part of your post "Looks like they are catching up on January submissions right now" which you think is a great update, is actually your clue to let you know that the information you're seeing on that app is not DV specific.
1. Yes, been checking the USCIS website but Lawfully is easier and quicker way to do so. With a better interface :)
2. The 'Case Analysis" feature that is paid after free 3 days trial shows you the statistics of cases filled under your category and within a similar timeframe (1 month - DV) (ps only shows cases that have Lawfully app)
3. Correct. The statistics I provided for January are based on NBC I-485 filling not specifically for DV
It is my personal recommendation to use this app - and it has been very helpful to me.

Did she just attach a copy of the relevant circular about the early filling to your package, or she independently sent a letter to the uscis about it?
It was sent in the same package. It had an index, too. Many documents and papers have to be very organized. My case was more than 240 pages, including my family. Please, follow the spreadsheets to know all details. Any information you don't find, Mom is the right person to ask. I am grateful to her because she knows precise details and recommendations.

It was sent in the same package. It had an index, too. Many documents and papers have to be very organized. My case was more than 240 pages, including my family. Please, follow the spreadsheets to know all details. Any information you don't find, Mom is the right person to ask. I am grateful to her because she knows precise details and recommendations.
Thank you, congratulations again

Hi Mom,
I've a quick question about part1 section22 of I-485, the last time I entered to the US I used a new passport because the last one that included my visa stamp was expired. Now what should I write for "Nonimmigrand visa number from this passport" ?

Thank you for your response,
So you used early filling to submit your package right? I'm a little worried for doing that because some people said that some officers are still denying packages that are submitted before their numbers be current. I need to know your opinion around it please
Yes, you can definitely use early filing. There is a slight risk but as you've read here and on the spreadsheet, many people submit via early filing with no problems.

Is your number current for June? If so, you obviously can't utilize early filing anymore and you're already 17 days into the month. Without using early filing your package would have been accepted as of June 1st anyway.

Work quickly to complete the documents and compile your package.

Yes, you can definitely use early filing. There is a slight risk but as you've read here and on the spreadsheet, many people submit via early filing with no problems.

Is your number current for June? If so, you obviously can't utilize early filing anymore and you're already 17 days into the month. Without using early filing your package would have been accepted as of June 1st anyway.

Work quickly to complete the documents and compile your package.
Thank you for your help,
I've a quick question about part1 section22 of I-485 too, the last time I entered to the US I used a new passport because the last one that included my visa stamp was expired. Now what should I write for "Nonimmigrand visa number from this passport" ?

Hi Mom,
I've a quick question about part1 section22 of I-485, the last time I entered to the US I used a new passport because the last one that included my visa stamp was expired. Now what should I write for "Nonimmigrand visa number from this passport" ?
There’s no NIV on the new passport so you can’t write a visa number from the new passport. The NIV is on your expired passport which you must have presented with the new passport when you returned. So write the visa number from the expired passport.