• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,
I just got an update from EMMA saying my case is processing with the Chicago field office and some other stuff.
But based on the field office locator, my field office is assigned to St. Louis. Are there chances my case is actually in Chicago or it's just EMMA being unreliable?
Btw my ASC also went from Indianapolis(as the locator says) to Michigan City, is it normal for them to change the ASC/FO location this much?
One of my friends was undergoing a marriage-based Adjustment of Status (AOS). His field office is the Chicago Field Office. When he inquired about his case with USCIS through an agent, it turned out that his case had been transferred to the Detroit Field Office, and his interview was waived. His case was approved without an interview 183 days after it was received.

Hi Mom, it's been 11 days since I received my NOA. Yesterday, I spoke with a live agent through EMMA, and she gave me a biometrics appointment date of 06/19/2024, which is just 4 days away. However, I haven't received my biometrics letter in the mail yet, and I'm worried that I won't get it in time and might miss my appointment. What should I do? Is there any way to find out if USCIS has mailed my biometrics letter?

Hi Mom, it's been 11 days since I received my NOA. Yesterday, I spoke with a live agent through EMMA, and she gave me a biometrics appointment date of 06/19/2024, which is just 4 days away. However, I haven't received my biometrics letter in the mail yet, and I'm worried that I won't get it in time and might miss my appointment. What should I do? Is there any way to find out if USCIS has mailed my biometrics letter?
Contact USCIS again and ask if they could email a copy of the bio notice you’re yet to receive the mailed version and your appointment date is fast approaching.

As mom said, contact EMMA & request a copy. My bio notice copy was issued through the FO and I received it in a day (not counting the weekend).

Good morning

Sm1smom and everyone,​

My case was approved without an interview, and I am now waiting for my card to arrive. I just want to thank everyone for their help with this complex process. This wouldn't have been possible without your support. I have also added my case to the timeline so that others can find some information. Once again, thank you very much.

My bio notice was sent from the FO, so that’s what I assumed. Could there be another reason?
I see. The bio notice could have been sent by the NBC also since the NBC schedules the bio appointment. It is not unusual for the NBC to send out the notice with the FO’s mailing envelope though.

Is there a spreadsheet similar to AOS but for CP ? if yes, can you please share the link - thanks
There’s no CP spreadsheet. The instructions for processing CP are quite straight forward and readily available from the US DOS website, so there’s no point in creating an AOS similar spreadsheet for CP.

My USCIS account updated to
we ordered your new card .
Than again
We reopened your Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
And again
Case was approved.

What does this mean? Does it mean my interview is waived? My biometrics are already done.

Than again
We reopened your Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
And again
Case was approved.

What does this mean? Does it mean my interview is waived? My biometrics are already done.
Congratulations on approved case!! Have you used a different name in the spreadsheet? If not, can you please add your timelines to the spreadsheet?

Last edited:
What is the link to spreadsheet?

You will need to ask for edit access from Mom

Than again
And again
Case was approved.

Congratulations! What is your Field Office?