• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

So that being the case, that means even though Chicago field doesn’t have direction jurisdiction, they can still go ahead and interview and adjudicate?
If the case has been passed over to Chicago, then Chicago is deemed as having jurisdiction over it.

While I understand it is normal to be concerned about your derivatives, I think you should calm down and focus on addressing the RFE sent to you for now. Send in a fully completed medical report for yourself as requested, be sure you get a copy of the medical report for your personal copy and review it to confirm it is fully completed. And yes, you should get an updated COVID-19 shot as well. I did post about this requirement a couple of months back.
I sent my AOS package a few weeks ago and just now realized from reading these posts that my civil surgeon overlooked the updated COVID-19 vaccination requirements and included my 2022 vaccine records instead. Now I'm stressed that this will delay my process, and I'll have to get a new medical examination.

I sent my AOS package a few weeks ago and just now realized from reading these posts that my civil surgeon overlooked the updated COVID-19 vaccination requirements and included my 2022 vaccine records instead. Now I'm stressed that this will delay my process, and I'll have to get a new medical examination.
This is the case for a few of us, myself included. My civil surgeon checked the system and said it wasn’t a requirement. All we can do is wait and they’ll send an RFE if the IO requests an updated record of it. If that happens, that’s when I’ll go to get an additional COVID vaccine. But fingers crossed it isn’t an issue.

There’s no need to stress over something which hasn’t happened or which you have no control over. Some IOs may not thoroughly check the medical report and subsequently miss this.

Hi everyone,
I'm a Green Card lottery winner for 2024 with a case number 13***. I came to the States under the United for Ukraine program. I applied for adjustment of status in February and got an update a week later that my fingerprints were taken, which I had already provided, as I already have an EAD. Last Friday, I received an update that my case was denied. Today, I received a letter explaining the reason: I missed the interview. In the three months since I applied, I've only received two letters from USCIS: one confirming they received my case and the other stating it was denied. I also have daily email notifications from USPS about my current and previous addresses, where I used to live in the States. So the chance of missing a letter from them is practically zero. As you can see, there have been no updates in my profile either. I didn't receive any SMS or email invitations. Please help me figure out what I can do in this situation. I've attached screenshots.
Hey everyone,

Here's an update on my case:

While I was preparing the documents for submission, I reached out to my congressman, explaining the whole situation and informing them that I was going to resubmit my I-485 form. I resubmitted the I-485 form on May 2nd. They accepted my case on May 8th, and on May 16th, they noted that my fingerprints were taken. On June 7th, I received a response from USCIS stating that they had not received any returned mail for my interview notice, so it was my fault that I missed the interview. However, they have received my new case and scheduled an interview for June 27th. Yesterday, June 12th, I received the interview notice by mail. There’s an attached checklist of documents I need to bring with me.

I have a few concerns about which documents I actually need to bring, especially considering all the issues with Form I-693 that I've been seeing in various forums.

1. The scanner didn't capture the marker color well, but if you look closely, you can see that the public charge section is highlighted. The thing is, I didn't work much last year for several reasons and only worked the last quarter. However, I've been working hard this year and my income significantly exceeds the poverty line. I also have a substantial amount of savings in my bank account. Will it be sufficient to show my bank statement for the last month and pay stubs for the last five months (since June isn’t over yet)?

2. Is Form 325-A still required? I've seen on various sites that it's no longer needed because the information it contains is now included in the I-485, but I couldn't find confirmation of this on the USCIS website.

3. Regarding Form I-693, do I need to see a doctor for a new one? I had a medical exam in early January 2024, updated my COVID vaccine, and got a flu shot. Also, when I needed the form again for submission, I visited the doctor for a new form in early May. The thing is, my documents and I-485 form were in one envelope, and the I-693 form was in another because it was sealed in a 9 x 12 envelope. I decided to send them together in similar envelopes rather than finding a larger envelope to fit the I-693 into the I-485. I placed both envelopes inside a large USPS envelope and attached a cover letter explaining the contents and the separate envelopes.
Sorry for the long message. I thought it would be helpful to lay out the issues in detail.

Attachments

• 1718301200427.png
    1718301200427.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 38
Hey everyone,

Here's an update on my case:

While I was preparing the documents for submission, I reached out to my congressman, explaining the whole situation and informing them that I was going to resubmit my I-485 form. I resubmitted the I-485 form on May 2nd. They accepted my case on May 8th, and on May 16th, they noted that my fingerprints were taken. On June 7th, I received a response from USCIS stating that they had not received any returned mail for my interview notice, so it was my fault that I missed the interview. However, they have received my new case and scheduled an interview for June 27th. Yesterday, June 12th, I received the interview notice by mail. There’s an attached checklist of documents I need to bring with me.

I have a few concerns about which documents I actually need to bring, especially considering all the issues with Form I-693 that I've been seeing in various forums.

1. The scanner didn't capture the marker color well, but if you look closely, you can see that the public charge section is highlighted. The thing is, I didn't work much last year for several reasons and only worked the last quarter. However, I've been working hard this year and my income significantly exceeds the poverty line. I also have a substantial amount of savings in my bank account. Will it be sufficient to show my bank statement for the last month and pay stubs for the last five months (since June isn’t over yet)?

2. Is Form 325-A still required? I've seen on various sites that it's no longer needed because the information it contains is now included in the I-485, but I couldn't find confirmation of this on the USCIS website.

3. Regarding Form I-693, do I need to see a doctor for a new one? I had a medical exam in early January 2024, updated my COVID vaccine, and got a flu shot. Also, when I needed the form again for submission, I visited the doctor for a new form in early May. The thing is, my documents and I-485 form were in one envelope, and the I-693 form was in another because it was sealed in a 9 x 12 envelope. I decided to send them together in similar envelopes rather than finding a larger envelope to fit the I-693 into the I-485. I placed both envelopes inside a large USPS envelope and attached a cover letter explaining the contents and the separate envelopes.
Sorry for the long message. I thought it would be helpful to lay out the issues in detail.

Your attached list does not say all the listed items are a must to bring along to your interview. The first sentence, with the bold font, says to bring the documents if they have not been submitted. So IMO, the rest of the list which includes the I693, outside of the highlighted section dealing with public charge are not applicable, unless they were not submitted with your AOS package. Of course you still need to attend the interview with the original copy of your B/C though.

Although they require you to submit one of the listed documents to demonstrate your self sufficiency, I would go the extra length of getting more than one document in this case. You can provide an employment verification letter from your employer. Then print out recent bank statements 3-6 months (or obtain a letter from your bank in lieu of the bank statements). Also take along 3-6 months paystubs. While this is not listed, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to also have on hand your 2023 IRS tax transcript.

Form G-325A is not applicable.

Your attached list does not say all the listed items are a must to bring along to your interview. The first sentence, with the bold font, says to bring the documents if they have not been submitted. So IMO, the rest of the list which includes the I693, outside of the highlighted section dealing with public charge are not applicable, unless they were not submitted with your AOS package. Of course you still need to attend the interview with the original copy of your B/C though.

Although they require you to submit one of the listed documents to demonstrate your self sufficiency, I would go the extra length of getting more than one document in this case. You can provide an employment verification letter from your employer. Then print out recent bank statements 3-6 months (or obtain a letter from your bank in lieu of the bank statements). Also take along 3-6 months paystubs. While this is not listed, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to also have on hand your 2023 IRS tax transcript.

Form G-325A is not applicable.
Yeah, I saw the first sentence. Unfortunately, these kinds of questions keep coming up, and I have to keep double-checking because not everything in this process makes sense. I get the feeling I should just bring a complete copy of the document package I sent plus all the documents I have, just in case.

Yeah, I saw the first sentence. Unfortunately, these kinds of questions keep coming up, and I have to keep double-checking because not everything in this process makes sense. I get the feeling I should just bring a complete copy of the document package I sent plus all the documents I have, just in case.
What is your user ID in the timeline spreadsheet?

Everything about the process actually makes a whole lot of sense to those who have diligently gone over the AOS process spreadsheet. As a matter of fact, there’s even a tab/sheet on it labeled “Interview Tips” which you might want to go over as against second guessing yourself.

Everything about the process actually makes a whole lot of sense to those who have diligently gone over the AOS process spreadsheet. As a matter of fact, there’s even a tab/sheet on it labeled “Interview Tips” which you might want to go over as against second guessing yourself.
I'm talking about cases getting denied, delayed, or losing parts of the documents for no reason. Like I mentioned before, even with simple questions about filling out the form, different USCIS pages say you can leave fields blank or write n/a, and some say you must write n/a. Some people get letters with mandatory documents they need to bring to the interview, while others, like me, get letters saying to bring certain documents if they weren't submitted before. I'm left guessing if those documents are on file or if they might get lost somehow. If I don't bring them to the interview, my case could get denied. Even though they highlighted what they're interested in, that doesn't mean they won't find something else missing at the interview. I've read all the pages on the AOS process spreadsheet. I know I'm probably overthinking it, and once this process is over, I'll look back and think it was no big deal.

1. A walk-in attempt can be made at any ASC.
2. Each case will be independently run and assessed, regardless of where the background check is initiated.
Hi, here's a quick update: my wife and I attended our bio appointment this morning as per our initial Bio notice of action. Everything went very well. Something surprised me: the person who took my fingerprints and photo asked me a couple of questions and then, at the end of the process, told me that everything was ok and that I'll be receiving the GC by mail. Is that something that can happen?

Hi, here's a quick update: my wife and I attended our bio appointment this morning as per our initial Bio notice of action. Everything went very well. Something surprised me: the person who took my fingerprints and photo asked me a couple of questions and then, at the end of the process, told me that everything was ok and that I'll be receiving the GC by mail. Is that something that can happen?
That’s just a load of BS from the technician - they cannot make the call as to if or when you’ll be getting your GC. Only an IO can make such a call, not an ASC technician.

p.s. do add your case to the Timeline Spreadsheet.

Those who havent gotten their medical examinations yet,

there has been some updates on the polio virus rqquirements. Check the 2025 DV AOS forum for details OR CDC page.

This might help too.