• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

New update : (note - my interview was done on June 3rd)
Yesterday Monday Jun 10th I had a call with USCIS agent to get an update related to my case that I probably wouldn't see in the account, and they noticed an RFE in the system on my name issued by the June 3rd (at the same date when the interview was done), but I haven;t got anything via physical mail, so they told to call next day to wait until 7 days passed to place a request to get this RFE via email. So today I haven't got any mail too, and I gave a call to the tier-1 agent again and they placed a request to send me an email with a digital RFE due 7 days passed and I haven't got a physical mail . In about 6 hours later today I got a call back from the tier 2 officer , explained her my situation and she could see the RFE text and sent it to me via my email. It's medical exam related RFE, that's very-very weird for me because the IO told me she had my exam in the case. I asked the tier-2 officer about my beneficiaries situation but since they are both adults she couldn't tell me this info. I've been trying to reach USCIS agent again with my beneficiaries but the system is shut down last few hours. Still trying...
On the other hand I contacted to my civil surgeon to be connected today-tomorrow to be ready to prepare the med exam envelops again.
What's still confusing me that's they IO don't explain if they lost the medical exam envelop or they found there smth wrong and want this to be fixed...
And even more, again and again the IO made a mistake in the RFE stating I got this letter as a beneficiary based on the family-based petition.

I don't have recent Covid vaccination, the last portion was got in January 2022, so I found these changes in vaccination requirements :
"As of November 29, 2023, the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement has been updated."
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
  • Applicants must receive one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine if a dose is due at the time of the status adjustment medical examination
Do you suggest me to get a fresh covid vaccination as well ?

What do you think about my situation in general ? Thank you!
Hey @Sm1smom , any thoughts from you on my situation ? I would highly appreciated to hear your comments/recommendations.

I'm frustrated in addition due non realizing what's going on with my spouse's and daughter's cases.., they reached USCIS tier-1 agents today evening as well and were told there wasn't any updates or RFE in the system. So I'm still overthinking if IO sent me RFE on I-693, why didn't she send it to my beneficiaries too..? Maybe she still didn't get or didn't check their docs...
What's your comment can be if I ask does it make sense in my case to send new med exam package for reply on my RFE, and initiate congressional inquiries on their (beneficiaries' ) cases as well ? Thank you for any insights ..!

Yesterday Monday Jun 10th I had a call with USCIS agent to get an update related to my case that I probably wouldn't see in the account, and they noticed an RFE in the system on my name issued by the June 3rd (at the same date when the interview was done), but I haven;t got anything via physical mail, so they told to call next day to wait until 7 days passed to place a request to get this RFE via email. So today I haven't got any mail too, and I gave a call to the tier-1 agent again and they placed a request to send me an email with a digital RFE due 7 days passed and I haven't got a physical mail . In about 6 hours later today I got a call back from the tier 2 officer , explained her my situation and she could see the RFE text and sent it to me via my email. It's medical exam related RFE, that's very-very weird for me because the IO told me she had my exam in the case. I asked the tier-2 officer about my beneficiaries situation but since they are both adults she couldn't tell me this info. I've been trying to reach USCIS agent again with my beneficiaries but the system is shut down last few hours. Still trying...
On the other hand I contacted to my civil surgeon to be connected today-tomorrow to be ready to prepare the med exam envelops again.
What's still confusing me that's they IO don't explain if they lost the medical exam envelop or they found there smth wrong and want this to be fixed...
And even more, again and again the IO made a mistake in the RFE stating I got this letter as a beneficiary based on the family-based petition.

I don't have recent Covid vaccination, the last portion was got in January 2022, so I found these changes in vaccination requirements :
"As of November 29, 2023, the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement has been updated."
  • Applicants must receive one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine if a dose is due at the time of the status adjustment medical examination

There was no bivalent booster in 2022. The RFE might be pertaining to these nuances. A pity that a CS would overlook these requirements.

Hey @Sm1smom , any thoughts from you on my situation ? I would highly appreciated to hear your comments/recommendations.

I'm frustrated in addition due non realizing what's going on with my spouse's and daughter's cases.., they reached USCIS tier-1 agents today evening as well and were told there wasn't any updates or RFE in the system. So I'm still overthinking if IO sent me RFE on I-693, why didn't she send it to my beneficiaries too..? Maybe she still didn't get or didn't check their docs...
What's your comment can be if I ask does it make sense in my case to send new med exam package for reply on my RFE, and initiate congressional inquiries on their (beneficiaries' ) cases as well ? Thank you for any insights ..!
While I understand it is normal to be concerned about your derivatives, I think you should calm down and focus on addressing the RFE sent to you for now. Send in a fully completed medical report for yourself as requested, be sure you get a copy of the medical report for your personal copy and review it to confirm it is fully completed. And yes, you should get an updated COVID-19 shot as well. I did post about this requirement a couple of months back.

I do have a genuine question about this RFE (and mom - anyone feel free to jump in). The RFE here it seems too vague. Don't they usually say what they need? Here it seems they need the whole medical exam again so how do we assume it is about covid? If anything the RFE states the previous rule (having completed the vaccination series as per Oct 2021). It could be a non-checked box, a missing signature or they just lost the medical exams all together given what Olena mentioned in the interview.

I have sent my application without the 2023-2024 updated vaccine and I did my medical in February (2024). My CS said they were not notified about a change so I sent it. Post facto though I did a bit of research and I called 6 different clinics (well most like 10 but 4 of them did not want to tell me without paying I got the answer "we will see when you come here"). Out of the 6 clinics, 3 of them said you are ok if you have completed the series some time in the past, 1 said you just need one dose (not the 2023-2024, just one regardless of year - which seems completely wrong) and the rest 2 of them said it does not matter you need the new one (so the newest rule).

PS: I would of course include the new one too if I receive an RFE - just sharing my two cents here.

While I understand it is normal to be concerned about your derivatives, I think you should calm down and focus on addressing the RFE sent to you for now. Send in a fully completed medical report for yourself as requested, be sure you get a copy of the medical report for your personal copy and review it to confirm it is fully completed. And yes, you should get an updated COVID-19 shot as well. I did post about this requirement a couple of months back.
hi @Sm1smom , thank you very much for your reply. I will try to do my best with med exam re-do and check everything very carefully before the civil surgeon seals the envelope. I notified the lawyer that applied my I-485 initially about this RFE and they replied that RFE should be sent to the IO's name to the office. Due my overthinking .. I just wanted to double check with you, in my specific case right now, and taking into account that we know IO name , where RFE response should be sent to : to the FO address in general or to the FO address with mentioning the IO as a receiver ? thank you !

hi @Sm1smom , thank you very much for your reply. I will try to do my best with med exam re-do and check everything very carefully before the civil surgeon seals the envelope. I notified the lawyer that applied my I-485 initially about this RFE and they replied that RFE should be sent to the IO's name to the office. Due my overthinking .. I just wanted to double check with you, in my specific case right now, and taking into account that we know IO name , where RFE response should be sent to : to the FO address in general or to the FO address with mentioning the IO as a receiver ? thank you !
Usually, when a RFE gets sent, it comes with instructions on how to submit the RFE. Since your email version of the RFE does not have this information, (I believe the mailed version, whenever it eventually shows up, will contain that information), here's what I would do if this was my case:
Option 1 - Visit my FO and try to submit it in person. I will take my chance with the security guards, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they will admit me into the building in order for me to personally submit the RFE response, after explaining to them that I did not receive any information on how to submit it. I will show them a copy of the emailed RFE.
Option 2 - Mail the RFE response back (with proof of delivery) to the FO and have it addressed to the IO.

Hi, I've a question, I'm an f2 visa holder and my spouse is f1 visa who her annual income is $24k.
As a family of two, we need to have at least $25550 (povertyline for a familyof two), we plan to show a bank saving statement to cover the remaining $1550. My question is:
1. how long is the validity of my bank statement and how long before submitting my package I need to get it from my bank?
2. Is this method a good way to show our financial ability to cover our expenses? (We've lived in the US for almost two years with this income)

Hi, I've a question, I'm an f2 visa holder and my spouse is f1 visa who her annual income is $24k.
As a family of two, we need to have at least $25550 (povertyline for a familyof two), we plan to show a bank saving statement to cover the remaining $1550. My question is:
1. how long is the validity of my bank statement and how long before submitting my package I need to get it from my bank?
2. Is this method a good way to show our financial ability to cover our expenses? (We've lived in the US for almost two years with this income)
I think we've done enough dance around how you can overcome the public charge perception. Bottom line is you cannot combine your income and savings to demonstrate you meet the applicable PGL. You either show an annual income that is at least at the minimum level, bear in mind the IO is not obligated to go with the minimum level, they may require the annual income to be well above the minimum level. Or if using asset, (savings in this case), the amount is required to be 5 times the applicable minimum PGL.

Hey, thanks for the reply. My NOA took 9 days to arrive, so it can take some time for the bio notice as well.

I was just confused with the agent opening a service request to reissue the bio notice, as I had only inquired about my bio date and hadn’t even asked about the notice in the first place. I guess I might end up with a duplicate bio notice in the worst scenario.
As an update for anyone who might benefit from it, I received both the original and the duplicate bio notice today. If you truly need to get a copy of a notice, turns out that USCIS can do it quickly for you.

Both the bio notices were also sent from the FO (not NBC). So that happens too.

As an update for anyone who might benefit from it, I received both the original and the duplicate bio notice today. If you truly need to get a copy of a notice, turns out that USCIS can do it quickly for you.

Both the bio notices were also sent from the FO (not NBC). So that happens too.
In the past i have been told that i can request bio notice to be sent to my email seven days prior to appointment date

I think we've done enough dance around how you can overcome the public charge perception. Bottom line is you cannot combine your income and savings to demonstrate you meet the applicable PGL. You either show an annual income that is at least at the minimum level, bear in mind the IO is not obligated to go with the minimum level, they may require the annual income to be well above the minimum level. Or if using asset, (savings in this case), the amount is required to be 5 times the applicable minimum PGL.
Thank you. I also have another question, I heard different amounts for the poverty line for a family of two. May you please confirm that how much is its exact amount, and normally my family income need to be how much more than that?
Thank you for patience

Thank you. I also have another question, I heard different amounts for the poverty line for a family of two. May you please confirm that how much is its exact amount, and normally my family income need to be how much more than that?
Thank you for patience
USCIS publishes the relevant data. 125% of the poverty guideline.

Hi,
I just got an update from EMMA saying my case is processing with the Chicago field office and some other stuff.
But based on the field office locator, my field office is assigned to St. Louis. Are there chances my case is actually in Chicago or it's just EMMA being unreliable?
Btw my ASC also went from Indianapolis(as the locator says) to Michigan City, is it normal for them to change the ASC/FO location this much?

USCIS publishes the relevant data. 125% of the poverty guideline.

Great, Based on the information in USCIS website as a family of two my family income is above the %100 of poverty line but less than %125 of pverty line, am I still need to present and I-134 or I'm not?

Great, Based on the information in USCIS website as a family of two my family income is above the %100 of poverty line but less than %125 of pverty line, am I still need to present and I-134 or I'm not?
I believe mom has said repeatedly that it is always better to have an i134.
the poverty guideline is not an absolute, they look at totality of circumstances.

Thank you for patience

I already explained to you in this post (which you actually acknowledged back then) on May 26 that the 100% level is not applicable to you. If the IO was to consider just your annual income, it does not meet the applicable requirement.

I also previously explained the IO looks at what is known as the totality of the circumstances. However, if you want to be fully prepared to address the IO’s concern of you being deemed a public charge, get an I-134.

Hi,
I just got an update from EMMA saying my case is processing with the Chicago field office and some other stuff.
But based on the field office locator, my field office is assigned to St. Louis. Are there chances my case is actually in Chicago or it's just EMMA being unreliable?
Btw my ASC also went from Indianapolis(as the locator says) to Michigan City, is it normal for them to change the ASC/FO location this much?
1. Did Emma inform you about your ASC being changed from Indianapolis to Michigan?
2. Is your mailing address the same as your physical address?
3. When was the last time you used the ASC/FO locator to look up your ASC/FO
4. Which ASC is listed on your bio notice? I’m assuming you already received the actual notice.

1. Did Emma inform you about your ASC being changed from Indianapolis to Michigan?
2. Is your mailing address the same as your physical address?
3. When was the last time you used the ASC/FO locator to look up your ASC/FO
4. Which ASC is listed on your bio notice? I’m assuming you already received the actual notice.
1) No, but I didn't ask anything related. EMMA didn't tell me anything about the ASC location either.
2) Yes, it's the same. I've been using/living at the same address since January.
3) Just check it again. My ASC/FO by locator is still Indianapolis/St. Louis.
4) The ASC on my bio letter is Michigan City. I only found out that my ASC was changed by the notice. And I went there today for biometrics and everything went well.

1) No, but I didn't ask anything related. EMMA didn't tell me anything about the ASC location either.
2) Yes, it's the same. I've been using/living at the same address since January.
3) Just check it again. My ASC/FO by locator is still Indianapolis/St. Louis.
4) The ASC on my bio letter is Michigan City. I only found out that my ASC was changed by the notice. And I went there today for biometrics and everything went well.
Okay, cases sometimes get assigned/re-assigned to some other nearby ASC/FO to help with load shedding.