• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

You saw that on the uscis website? I’m sure everything looked good to them and they approved it instantly. Wait till u have the card itself then you can be certain. Kindly add your info to the timeline.
Yes . On my USCIS online account portal. I hope it is not a glitch on the system . But does it mean my interview is waived?

Reconsidering the earlier decision sounds more like they reconsidering the approval. Was the earlier decision, the decision to approve your case?
On june 12 it says "We reopened your Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision."
And on june 13 it says "Case was approved "

I think you fine then. And yes your interview has been waived. Just wait for the card itself to come then u can be sure. Congratulations again. That was very fast lol

Yes. I'll be waiting . Thankyou. I will keep updating about it too . thankyou for the help too
While providing the forum with case updates is a good idea and highly encouraged, the best place to do so in addition is to also update the Timeline spreadsheet (which we’ve recommended you do at least four separate times!). Both current and future AOSers benefit the most from the Timeline spreadsheet when everyone updates it as needed.

Hı mom ,I am looking to timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of howlong ıt takes from my FO to get an approve from biometrics date.
I did my walk in bio 21st of May but ıt was updated 8th of June in my account.
Which day I should consider to get an idea?21st of May or 8th of June
Or should I consider from lockbox date to bio date to get an approve?
Thank you in advance.

Hı mom ,I am looking to timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of howlong ıt takes from my FO to get an approve from biometrics date.
I did my walk in bio 21st of May but ıt was updated 8th of June in my account.
Which day I should consider to get an idea?21st of May or 8th of June
Or should I consider from lockbox date to bio date to get an approve?
Thank you in advance.
You can use all the different dates (with the exception of when your case got updated) to conduct different types of analysis. For the bio analysis, use the date you went in for your bio walk-in since that was your bio completion date.

p.s. can you add your current status to the Timeline spreadsheet?

1. Hello @Sm1smom as you're aware my case along with some other folks has been pending for quite sometime even after the congressional inquiry the interview hasn't been scheduled. Do you have any advice for me on things I can do?

2. Also when I reach out to Emma they are rude an unhelpful and the keep telling me "you last reached out about the same thing on this date....." could this harm my case in anyway?

Hi all! Just wanted to give you an update : I have submitted my package to the wrong Lockbox - was supposed be sent to Chicago but was delivered to Dallas. I was stressing out that it will delay the process. I have emailed lockbox twice with my information and explanation of diversity visa and it's time sensitivity. While they never responded to my emails - my package was successfully sent to NBC and I received NOA latter stating that they received and are processing my case. (14 days after the delivery). Waiting for biometrics now. Good luck to us all and praying that we all will successfully receive green cards!

Also, I know that it has been mentioned before but I wanted to flag for everyone to get Lawfully app. It has been very helpful to check my case and compare it to other people's DV AOS submissions. It also gives a possible timeline and steps. They also give statistics on how many approvals USCIS is giving each month. Looks like they are catching up on January submissions right now.

1. Hello @Sm1smom as you're aware my case along with some other folks has been pending for quite sometime even after the congressional inquiry the interview hasn't been scheduled. Do you have any advice for me on things I can do?

2. Also when I reach out to Emma they are rude an unhelpful and the keep telling me "you last reached out about the same thing on this date....." could this harm my case in anyway?
1. Like I earlier on responded, your case may be following the similar timeline observed for DV2023 AOS cases from your FO. The delay you're experiencing could also be due to maybe your background check clearance is still pending (which could be due to your chargeability country, places you've lived in or visited in the past, or your educational/work experience being TAL related. There's really nothing you can do at this point but to continue being patient, while keeping your fingers crossed. In the interim, submit an e-Request when you become eligible to do so.

2. No, constant inquiry cannot harm your case. It however will simply get the agents irritated like you've experienced and they may subsequently become less helpful in situations where they could ordinarily could have done more such as helping you follow-up with your FO, or even scheduling an INFOPASS appointment to enable you visit your FO and follow-up in person.

@msl_8924 I haven't tried, Have you done it yet? @Sm1smom can we initiate uscis inquiry based on the long processing time?
USCIS says an e-Request could be submitted if your case has been pending for six months or more from when the last action was taken on the case.

Hi Mom, can you please help me understand how 6 months are calculated, from which date? Thanks in advance!
You can follow the prompts on the online form itself and attempt to submit the e-Request, the form will let you know based on whichever date it is asking for/or you put in as the last action date on your case if you're within the six months threshold or not.

Also, I know that it has been mentioned before but I wanted to flag for everyone to get Lawfully app. It has been very helpful to check my case and compare it to other people's DV AOS submissions. It also gives a possible timeline and steps. They also give statistics on how many approvals USCIS is giving each month. Looks like they are catching up on January submissions right now.
You do realize you could have checked your case directly from the official source as against using a 3rd party app? And AFAIK, the app does not provide updates based on specific AOS filings, so are you sure you're able to compare you case with other DV based AOS submissions? Considering we've had reports in this forum of DV based AOS cases filed in February, March, or even April as already approved, this part of your post "Looks like they are catching up on January submissions right now" which you think is a great update, is actually your clue to let you know that the information you're seeing on that app is not DV specific.

Hi Mom

My wife who is the main applicant completed her bachelor’s on in Institute of Chemical Technology - field of study is Protection of Environment. could this be categorized as TAL?
Her work experience though was academic only, teaching at school.

Thx