• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, I would like to attach a form I-134. But I don’t understand, should the supporter fill it out in paper form and I will send it in an envelope with all the documents, or should the supporter submit it first in his USCIS office? Thank you . Sorry for my English, I'm learning now

You could:
a - receive a RFE to submit a new section of the I485 form with the correct response, or
b - be given an opportunity to update your response at the time of your interview (if one gets scheduled), or
c - your IO may get careless and not fully scrutinize your form, and subsequently approve your case as is.
Thank you and Freddiereigns for your responses. That's a relief. I guess it's wait-and-see now.
Have a good night.

Hello, I would like to attach a form I-134. But I don’t understand, should the supporter fill it out in paper form and I will send it in an envelope with all the documents, or should the supporter submit it first in his USCIS office? Thank you . Sorry for my English, I'm learning now
Your sponsor fills out the form and gift to you with the supporting documents, you’ll then include the form and the supporting documents with your AOS package.

1. Same situation. I have been told that some cases don’t get updated.
2. I would like to know answer to this question as well…
Hi,

1. Thanks - seems a few have the same question as us, which likely means all is good. Some get updated, some don't.
2. I've since found out that yes, keep the stamped biometrics letter incase you need to confirm with USCIS that biometrics were taken. I'm adding to my file to take to the interview.

If you get your biometrics waived, how can you tell? Do you get a notice about it, do emma agents let you know, or something else?

Don’t think I qualify for bio waiver, but I was just wondering.

Hi Mom,
I've reviewed the last three years' Timeline spreadsheet, and one critical timeframe is the period after the Bio(or Bio Walk-in) and before receiving the CPO, particularly when the interview is waived or the IL (indicating that the background check is likely complete).
I suggest adding two columns to the spreadsheet:
1."CPO - Bio" with this formula:

=IF(ISDATE(AD3), IF(AND(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), AD3-MIN(W3, X3), IF(OR(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), AD3-IF(ISDATE(W3), W3, X3), "N/A")), "N/A")

2."Interview Notice Received Date - Bio" with this formula:

=IF(ISDATE(Y3), IF(AND(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), Y3-MIN(W3, X3), IF(OR(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), Y3-IF(ISDATE(W3), W3, X3), "N/A")), "N/A")

I would appreciate it if you could add these columns to the spreadsheet for everyone's benefit. Of course, I can conduct my own analysis for 2024, but I cannot access the data for 2023 and 2022 as it is locked.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi Mom,
I've reviewed the last three years' Timeline spreadsheet, and one critical timeframe is the period after the Bio(or Bio Walk-in) and before receiving the CPO, particularly when the interview is waived or the IL (indicating that the background check is likely complete).
I suggest adding two columns to the spreadsheet:
1."CPO - Bio" with this formula:

=IF(ISDATE(AD3), IF(AND(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), AD3-MIN(W3, X3), IF(OR(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), AD3-IF(ISDATE(W3), W3, X3), "N/A")), "N/A")

2."Interview Notice Received Date - Bio" with this formula:

=IF(ISDATE(Y3), IF(AND(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), Y3-MIN(W3, X3), IF(OR(ISDATE(W3), ISDATE(X3)), Y3-IF(ISDATE(W3), W3, X3), "N/A")), "N/A")

I would appreciate it if you could add these columns to the spreadsheet for everyone's benefit. Of course, I can conduct my own analysis for 2024, but I cannot access the data for 2023 and 2022 as it is locked.

Thank you for your consideration.
Thanks. Suggestion taken under advisement for DV2024 onwards.

If you get your biometrics waived, how can you tell? Do you get a notice about it, do emma agents let you know, or something else?

Don’t think I qualify for bio waiver, but I was just wondering.
You’ll receive a notification about previous bio being re-used in place of receiving a bio appointment notice.

Hi mom and everyone,

I sent my AOS package on March 9 and got my fingersprints taken on April 8. Check cashed and all worked smooth so far but I didn’t hear from my case since then. So a few questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to see the status of my case?
2. I’m checking MyUSCIS website but the last thing there is the fingerprints on April 8. Do Apps like Lawfully show more details?
3. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? (Like trying to reach out to them, ask help from congressman etc.)

Any suggestion you may have is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom ,

I won the DV lottery and applied for AOS withy husband. We had fingerprint appointments on March 12 and an interview on April 23.
I should be getting the card tomorrow based on the USPS tracking number, and his case still says that on March 12 fingerprints were taken (my case jumped from the same status to approved on May 17).

Is there anything we can do to query or accelerate the process for him?

Thanks!

Hi mom and everyone,

I sent my AOS package on March 9 and got my fingersprints taken on April 8. Check cashed and all worked smooth so far but I didn’t hear from my case since then. So a few questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to see the status of my case?
2. I’m checking MyUSCIS website but the last thing there is the fingerprints on April 8. Do Apps like Lawfully show more details?
3. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? (Like trying to reach out to them, ask help from congressman etc.)

Any suggestion you may have is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
1. It is quite normal to not see any further case updates until after the case has been adjudicated.
2. Personally, the only place I recommend for folks to check for status updates is from the official website. All these other third party, unofficial apps are pulling from the same source where you can directly obtain your updates.
3. Compare your timeline with both current and past timelines of other cases from the same FO as yourself, to see if your case is outside of the reported processing time. If it is, then consider initiating a congressional case inquiry assistance.

p.s. do update your timeline by adding your ASC.

Hi @Sm1smom ,

I won the DV lottery and applied for AOS withy husband. We had fingerprint appointments on March 12 and an interview on April 23.
I should be getting the card tomorrow based on the USPS tracking number, and his case still says that on March 12 fingerprints were taken (my case jumped from the same status to approved on May 17).

Is there anything we can do to query or accelerate the process for him?

Thanks!
If there has been reported progress on your case following your interview, and there's non on your spouse's, it means one of two things:
a. his background check clearance is pending, or
b. the IO simply forgot to update his case status online, and his GC could also show up with yours or shortly after yours.

So at this point, I would recommend waiting at least until you receive your GC first, before initiating a follow-up on his. Meanwhile, can you confirm if you were the main selectee? Also, it would be nice if you could add your case process timeline to the Timeline spreadsheet, pending and future AOSers can benefit from your update.

If there has been reported progress on your case following your interview, and there's non on your spouse's, it means one of two things:
a. his background check clearance is pending, or
b. the IO simply forgot to update his case status online, and his GC could also show up with yours or shortly after yours.

So at this point, I would recommend waiting at least until you receive your GC first, before initiating a follow-up on his. Meanwhile, can you confirm if you were the main selectee? Also, it would be nice if you could add your case process timeline to the Timeline spreadsheet, pending and future AOSers can benefit from your update.
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I was the main selectee. My case is almost a duplicate of Rondon on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I was the main selectee. My case is almost a duplicate of Rondon on the spreadsheet.
Thanks for the confirmation about being the main selectee, and for providing some insight into your case. Nonetheless, adding your own timeline will be a very useful data point - it will provide further insight into how your FO has handled similar cases for folks referring to the spreadsheet in the future. I bet you wouldn't have gotten the insight which you got if @rondon hadn't added their own timeline too.

Let's say I have 2 other people who share an FO with me on the timelines. One is from DV 2024 and has gone current a few months before me. The other is from DV 2023 and with the same current month. Whose progress would be a better indicator of how my case would proceed?

Let's say I have 2 other people who share an FO with me on the timelines. One is from DV 2024 and has gone current a few months before me. The other is from DV 2023 and with the same current month. Whose progress would be a better indicator of how my case would proceed?
They're both useful data points. The current year gives an insight into how the FO is currently operating. The past year(s) provides insight into how they've operated in the past, and the same processing time could still possibly be applicable.

Hello @Sm1smom
I saw that some folks submitted an inquiry for longer than usual processing times after the congressional inquiry and they received interviews shortly after. On June 24, 6 months will have elapsed since my case has been pending. I received feed back from my congressman on 5/24.
Do you recommend I submit an inquiry soon or should I wait? The website says to submit it after it has reached the processing time.

Dear Mom,

My number became current for June. My application got delivered to Lockbox on 4/24. Waiting on NOA and sms/email. I am on F1 visa, I recently won H1B lottery. Should my company start filing for H1B? Is there any risk that if my company files for H1B, any my Green card gets approved, can it by accident be changed from Green Card to H1B - by confusion/mistake? does my question make sense ?
Hey, just wanted to give you an update on this since we're in the same boat. My company filed my H-1B petition with premium processing a week after USCIS received my AOS package. My I-129 just got approved today. If I can't complete the AOS process by the end of FY, I'll have to travel abroad to a consulate to activate my H-1B.

Hello @Sm1smom
I saw that some folks submitted an inquiry for longer than usual processing times after the congressional inquiry and they received interviews shortly after. On June 24, 6 months will have elapsed since my case has been pending. I received feed back from my congressman on 5/24.
Do you recommend I submit an inquiry soon or should I wait? The website says to submit it after it has reached the processing time.
You can try, I doubt the system will allow your submission to go through though if your case has been pending for less than 6 months.