• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello,
I'm the principal dv selecte, and as a F2 visa holder I don't have permission for working in the US, and I'm my spouse dependent,
our family of two annual income is around $24000 that supports all of our living expenses, and it comes from my spouse's salary as a graduate degree fully funded student. We also have a little saving too. Do we need to file and i-134 form when our family income can support our expenses (we are living in America with this amount of income for almost 4 years)
I'll be really thankful if you can help me around this

Hello,
I'm the principal dv selecte, and as a F2 visa holder I don't have permission for working in the US, and I'm my spouse dependent,
our family of two annual income is around $24000 that supports all of our living expenses, and it comes from my spouse's salary as a graduate degree fully funded student. We also have a little saving too. Do we need to file and i-134 form when our family income can support our expenses (we are living in America with this amount of income for almost 4 years)
I'll be really thankful if you can help me around this
Having an I-134 as a backup financial document is never a bad idea.

Having an I-134 as a backup financial document is never a bad idea.
Is there any minimum of income that we need to proof that? Who can file an i-134 for us? Should he or she be US-citizen or a permanent resident will be able to file it too? And should he or she have a special relation with us or even just a friend can do it for us?

Is there any minimum of income that we need to proof that? Who can file an i-134 for us? Should he or she be US-citizen or a permanent resident will be able to file it too? And should he or she have a special relation with us or even just a friend can do it for us?
1. Applicable minimum required income depends on the household size of your sponsor and your household size combined together.
2. A USC or a LPR.
3. No special relationship required.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.

1. Applicable minimum required income depends on the household size of your sponsor and your household size combined together.
2. A USC or a LPR.
3. No special relationship required.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.
We are a family of two so how much is the applicable minimum required income for us?
Yes sure I'll number my next questions if I've more than one question per post

We are a family of two so how much is the applicable minimum required income for us?
Yes sure I'll number my next questions if I've more than one question per post
I can’t tell you an applicable required income for your family if you’re not planning on getting an I-134 - the IO will review your totality of circumstances in making a determination as to if your spouse’s stipend is enough. That’s why I recommended getting an I-134 as a backup financial document.

I can’t tell you an applicable required income for your family if you’re not planning on getting an I-134 - the IO will review your totality of circumstances in making a determination as to if your spouse’s stipend is enough. That’s why I recommended getting an I-134 as a backup financial document.
OK, so if my friend wants to file i-134 for us then how much should be my family income? And what about my friend?

OK, so if my friend wants to file i-134 for us then how much should be my family income? And what about my friend?
refer this page. Sponsor’s income should be 100% of the poverty guidelines for total household size (= sponsor’s household + your household + any other immigrants the sponsor may be sponsorijg)

refer this page. Sponsor’s income should be 100% of the poverty guidelines for total household size (= sponsor’s household + your household + any other immigrants the sponsor may be sponsorijg)
Welcome back Susie. Great to see you popping in to answer questions.

Sponsor’s income should be 125% of the PGL. The 100% PGL is for sponsors on active duty in the US armed forces who are petitioning their spouse or child.

Sponsor’s income should be 125% of the PGL. The 100% PGL is for sponsors on active duty in the US armed forces who are petitioning their spouse or child.
So as family of two we need to proof $25500 annual income,
my spouse annual income is $24000 So we need more $1500 to reach the minimum requirement,
Now, the annual income of my sponsor's who is an individual (no spouse or any dependent) is $24000 too,
So he can file i-134 for us (ro cover remaining $1500) and we don't need a second sponsor, is this correct?

So as family of two we need to proof $25500 annual income,
my spouse annual income is $24000 So we need more $1500 to reach the minimum requirement,
Now, the annual income of my sponsor's who is an individual (no spouse or any dependent) is $24000 too,
So he can file i-134 for us (ro cover remaining $1500) and we don't need a second sponsor, is this correct?
No, it does not work that way. Your income and that of your sponsor cannot be combined to meet the minimum required PGL. Your sponsor’s income in this case needs to meet the requirements for a household of three, which is your sponsor’s household as an individual plus your household of two, making the total household size = three. And you can only use one sponsor.

Hi mom, My name is Eric I live in Ga USA. Have been in the US for 9 yrs now. Came with a B2 visitor visa and filled form I-539 and have never gotten a response from them. I was selected for the dv 24 with a case number AF202480. I filled ds260 way back in May 2023. I just discovered after reading all through here that we need to send ds260 that early. I have recieved an email from kcc about my intent to AOS. My questions are
1) By me submitting the ds260 that early , doest it affect my immigration status as a non immigrant?
2) do I have any Chance of my CN been current in the next two VB?

Hi mom, My name is Eric I live in Ga USA. Have been in the US for 9 yrs now. Came with a B2 visitor visa and filled form I-539 and have never gotten a response from them. I was selected for the dv 24 with a case number AF202480. I filled ds260 way back in May 2023. I just discovered after reading all through here that we need to send ds260 that early. I have recieved an email from kcc about my intent to AOS. My questions are
1) By me submitting the ds260 that early , doest it affect my immigration status as a non immigrant?
2) do I have any Chance of my CN been current in the next two VB?
1. You currently have no status as a non-immigrant, your non-immigrant status ended when your granted authorized stay expire. The submitted DS260 has no impact on your pending asylum application.
Your CN is in the two hundred and two thousand range? Highly doubtful it will become current.

Thanks for the correction-

Hello, I am Valeriia .
My visa number will come up soon and I learned from some sources that they are asking for a certificate of good conduct from a local court or police department or something similar, can you please explain.
Is this really necessary for those who have not previously been convicted? I have never been convicted.
Thank you .
sorry for my English, I'm studying now.

Hello, I am Valeriia .
My visa number will come up soon and I learned from some sources that they are asking for a certificate of good conduct from a local court or police department or something similar, can you please explain.
Is this really necessary for those who have not previously been convicted? I have never been convicted.
Thank you .
Are you doing adjustment of status or consular processing? It is nor required for adjustment of status - the thread you are posting in.
if you are however doing consular processing it is required - in that case refer the links from your selection letter for the full list of documents required.

Are you doing adjustment of status or consular processing? It is nor required for adjustment of status - the thread you are posting in.
if you are however doing consular processing it is required - in that case refer the links from your selection letter for the full list of documents required.
I am doing adjusted of status in USA , thank you

A very important question
Based on the page38 of the most recent instruction of I-485 form in USCIS website:

"If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support."

So why are we still needing to submit the evidence of financial support (like i-134)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_140643_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_140643_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 10
A very important question
Based on the page38 of the most recent instruction of I-485 form in USCIS website:

"If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support."

So why are we still needing to submit the evidence of financial support (like i-134)?
Frankly speaking, you do not “need” to include any financial documentation with your AOS package, if you do not wish to do so.

However, you’re not the first DV selectee to ask this question, and you most likely will not be the last. Hence, it has been preemptively addressed in the AOS process spreadsheet. So do take a look at the FAQ section of that spreadsheet for the answer to your question.

Hello, I am Valeriia .
Thank you .
I am doing adjusted of status in USA , thank you
That is not required if you’re processing AOS.