• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I wanted to verify that my address that USCIS had on file was my current address, and not the address that I had used in my prior, non-DV related case. The EMMA agent did verify that what they had was my current address, but then I believe submitted an address change inquiry on my behalf as I later got an email about it?

Do you think it’s something to worry about? I’m still expecting my NOA & bio letter.

I have tracking numbers. It was shown that after picking up three envelopes in Missouri, one of them went to Chicago and the other two went to the Jamaica International Distribution Center in New York. Then, one of these two went to Chicago. The last one received a status of 'transferring to another facility" on May 16th. No updates.

The latest USCIS update said that if I do not receive my green card by 05/23/24, I should request an inquiry. I am confused
I see USPS mis-sorted the mail, they sometimes mistakenly put mail in the wrong bucket during the sorting process which ends up making such mail travel all over the place before it eventually gets delivered.

You can either give it a few more days to get delivered while you keep contacting USPS, or submit a USCIS inquiry at this point, your call.

I wanted to verify that my address that USCIS had on file was my current address, and not the address that I had used in my prior, non-DV related case. The EMMA agent did verify that what they had was my current address, but then I believe submitted an address change inquiry on my behalf as I later got an email about it?

Do you think it’s something to worry about? I’m still expecting my NOA & bio letter.
I don’t know.

Has anybody experienced a situation where for last few times (except the last one) EMMA and live agent has been saying that the case is with FO. But today, the live agent says my case is with NBC and not yet transferred.

Yes, there are gaps. But I was in valid status the whole time. You are given a 60-day grace period to transfer to a new school when you finish one school.
My wife was in the same boat. Did you have to submit you graduation degree from the school you transferred from? I ask this because the officer wanted to see her graduate diploma from the school prior to the 60 day grace period in the interview.

Has anybody experienced a situation where for last few times (except the last one) EMMA and live agent has been saying that the case is with FO. But today, the live agent says my case is with NBC and not yet transferred.
I would still believe your case is at FO. Based on a resource in the process spreadsheet, DV cases are uniquely identified by the lockbox with a page on the front when forwarded to the NBC. The NBC then sends them within 10-12 days to the FO. This resource is a bit dated, but I still believe DV cases are tiered differently.

If you want to confirm, try asking which FO is the case at the next time ;)

I would still believe your case is at FO. Based on a resource in the process spreadsheet, DV cases are uniquely identified by the lockbox with a page on the front when forwarded to the NBC. The NBC then sends them within 10-12 days to the FO. This resource is a bit dated, but I still believe DV cases are tiered differently.

If you want to confirm, try asking which FO is the case at the next time ;)
All these times (except this last time- today) the live agent named my case is with Houston Office.

@Sm1smom I wanted to update you. I sent an inquiry to my representative and they received a response from USCIS Nashville FO that my case is pending under normal processing times, and if it falls out of the processing times we can send another inquiry.

1. Btw my case was received Jan 24 however my status has been "biometrics taken" since Feb 27, so on which of those days has my case been pending?
2. Also is the I-485 DV processing time 6 months?

thank you for all your help.

Last edited:
I received my i797 receipt notice on May 3rd. It is just a receipt notice. I talked to live agent too and she said my case is with Dallas Field office. Normally how long is it taking to receive bio notice? My next step is to wait for bio notice right? Or is there anything i should do . I created USCIS account too and it just says Case received. Can anyone help me with this please and thankyou.

Hi there, I just got an update from EMMA saying my biometrics is scheduled on 6/12 and my ASC is at Indianapolis. From the 2023 and 2022 timelines, there are just few ppl in the same ASC as me so I'm not sure if early walk-in will work. Is it worth trying as 6/12 is a bit late from now on? Plus I'm gonna drive for two hours to Indianapolis

Last edited:
@Sm1smom I wanted to update you. I sent an inquiry to my representative and they received a response from USCIS Nashville FO that my case is pending under normal processing times, and if it falls out of the processing times we can send another inquiry.

1. Btw my case was received Jan 24 however my status has been "biometrics taken" since Feb 27, so on which of those days has my case been pending?
2. Also is the I-485 DV processing time 6 months?

thank you for all your help.
1. Case is pending adjudication from when it was received.
2. DV based AOS cases are usually expedited.

I received my i797 receipt notice on May 3rd. It is just a receipt notice. I talked to live agent too and she said my case is with Dallas Field office. Normally how long is it taking to receive bio notice? My next step is to wait for bio notice right? Or is there anything i should do . I created USCIS account too and it just says Case received. Can anyone help me with this please and thankyou.
Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it’s taken other folks from your ASC to receive their bio notice. Also, do add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hi there, I just got an update from EMMA saying my biometrics is scheduled on 6/12 and my ASC is at Indianapolis. From the 2023 and 2022 timelines, there are just few ppl in the same ASC as me so I'm not sure if early walk-in will work. Is it worth trying as 6/12 is a bit late from now on? Plus I'm gonna drive for two hours to Indianapolis
You’ll need to make the call if attempting an early walk-in on not could be worth the drive for you.

If there is no similar information in the tracking spreadsheet for you to gather insight from, I would do a quick google of your ASC and see if anyone has posted about it - they sometimes do on Reddit. I found some good posts/reviews for my ASC which explained what people had done in the past.

Dear Mom

Thank you very much for your willingness to help with a ton of our different cases.
I appreciate so much your volunteer constant support!

I’m a winner of the Diversity Visa Lottery 2024. My case number is 31***, which I hope will be current in August 2024. I’m originally from Ukraine and arrived in the US (due to the war in Ukraine) on a B1/B2 visa 2 years ago and applied for TPS status. I don’t have any overstays or gaps in my legal status here.

I was ready to go through the adjustment of status in the US and had already paid all fees and informed the Kentucky center that I was going to apply for I-485. However, taking into account that USCIS generally takes 3 months or even more to process adjustment of status, and my number will be current only in August (in the best case scenario), I have only 2 months left before the end of the fiscal year.

My USCIS office is in Illinois (Chicago). I know a few cases where they approved AoS even without an interview, but it took 2 months or more. That’s why I am considering transferring my case to consulate processing in Frankfurt. I have advance parole and I’ve already traveled to Europe in March, so I think it should be fine.

But I'm afraid that transferring process can take a lot of time.
KCC answered me the following to the request of letting me know the status of my current case:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."

My second concern is that I didn’t file the DS-260 form.

If I file it right, will it influence the date of the interview or not?

I’m afraid that they will consider my case with lower priority because of this fact.

Can you please share your opinion based on your experience on whether it's feasible to transfer my case to the consulate and do I have any chances to be called to the interview there?

Thank you so much for all your help and support!

Dear Mom

Thank you very much for your willingness to help with a ton of our different cases.
I appreciate so much your volunteer constant support!

I’m a winner of the Diversity Visa Lottery 2024. My case number is 31***, which I hope will be current in August 2024. I’m originally from Ukraine and arrived in the US (due to the war in Ukraine) on a B1/B2 visa 2 years ago and applied for TPS status. I don’t have any overstays or gaps in my legal status here.

I was ready to go through the adjustment of status in the US and had already paid all fees and informed the Kentucky center that I was going to apply for I-485. However, taking into account that USCIS generally takes 3 months or even more to process adjustment of status, and my number will be current only in August (in the best case scenario), I have only 2 months left before the end of the fiscal year.

My USCIS office is in Illinois (Chicago). I know a few cases where they approved AoS even without an interview, but it took 2 months or more. That’s why I am considering transferring my case to consulate processing in Frankfurt. I have advance parole and I’ve already traveled to Europe in March, so I think it should be fine.

But I'm afraid that transferring process can take a lot of time.
KCC answered me the following to the request of letting me know the status of my current case:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."

My second concern is that I didn’t file the DS-260 form.

If I file it right, will it influence the date of the interview or not?

I’m afraid that they will consider my case with lower priority because of this fact.

Can you please share your opinion based on your experience on whether it's feasible to transfer my case to the consulate and do I have any chances to be called to the interview there?

Thank you so much for all your help and support!
1. If your CN becomes current in August and you take advantage of early filing, you’ll have more than two months to complete the process. Yes, if you switch to CP, it could take a while for your interview to get scheduled as KCC will need enough time to finish processing your DS260 before they can schedule a CP interview, plus the embassy will need to have an available slot to accommodate the CP interview date.
2. KCC will not prioritize processing your DS260, as the forms are processed in the order received.

1. If your CN becomes current in August and you take advantage of early filing, you’ll have more than two months to complete the process. Yes, if you switch to CP, it could take a while for your interview to get scheduled as KCC will need enough time to finish processing your DS260 before they can schedule a CP interview, plus the embassy will need to have an available slot to accommodate the CP interview date.
2. KCC will not prioritize processing your DS260, as the forms are processed in the order received.
Thank you so much for your response!
It means that it's better to continue the process in the US, right?
Can you please let me know how is possible to make an early filing?
Do I need to have some specific reasons for that?

TIA!

Thank you so much for your response!
It means that it's better to continue the process in the US, right?
Can you please let me know how is possible to make an early filing?
Do I need to have some specific reasons for that?

TIA!
1. You need to weigh the pros and cons, and decide for yourself which is better based on what you now know.
2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet for further information/guidance.