• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Mom

I completed my biometrics as walk in on Friday, however online account still hasn’t changed. Is it something to be worried about?

Mom

I completed my biometrics as walk in on Friday, however online account still hasn’t changed. Is it something to be worried about?
That is not unusual. Most cases do not get any further update (from the initial update after package acceptance) until after the case has been adjudicated.

Dear Mom, it is me again,
1) I 485, part 1, 25.a - was inspected at a port entry and admitted as: - there is a field that is blank in the sample and it is inactive in the original form. Do we need to put something in there (like F1)? The only way to do so is to hand write with ink. should I? Or leave blank?
2) In the money order there is a field "payment for/account #" - do I need to put anything in there (The U.S Department of Homeland security goes to a different field - pay to the order of)?

Dear Mom, it is me again,
1) I 485, part 1, 25.a - was inspected at a port entry and admitted as: - there is a field that is blank in the sample and it is inactive in the original form. Do we need to put something in there (like F1)? The only way to do so is to hand write with ink. should I? Or leave blank?
2) In the money order there is a field "payment for/account #" - do I need to put anything in there (The U.S Department of Homeland security goes to a different field - pay to the order of)?
1. The form itself already has examples of what to write in there. If you were admitted with a F1 visa for example, then you were inspected and admitted as a “Student”.
2. See the below link. Click the dropdown button for “How to write your check” and follow the example shown there.

Is this OK to submit D260 after submitting $330 of dv administration fee?
You may do that. Some did it. Ideally, the DS260 is recommended to be submitted before making the DV payment. So personally, I don’t see the point of doing so if DV payment has already been made, except if the person in this case is planning on processing FTJ for derivatives outside the US.

1. The form itself already has examples of what to write in there. If you were admitted with a F1 visa for example, then you were inspected and admitted as a “Student”.
This is what in an example, that is why I am unsure

Attachments

• Example.JPG
    Example.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 13
Read it again. The attachment in your post has the examples like I noted in my earlier response.
I mean, this field is inactive and also empty in an example. Is it okay to write it with ink?

Sorry, maybe I just don’t understand. Thanks for your patience

I mean, this field is inactive and also empty in an example. Is it okay to write it with ink?

Sorry, maybe I just don’t understand. Thanks for your patience
Oh! I see. Ma bad for misunderstanding your question. You can use a black pen to fill it out, or disable JavaScript on the form to type it in. Instructions for how to disable JavaScript is listed in the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

Is this OK to submit D260 after submitting $330 of dv administration fee?
It is OK, BUT I would also not recommend anyone to fill the DS260 if filing AOS (I filled it out after 6 months of making the 330 payment.)

The DS260 is not even included in your i485, and I believe giving DHS more than what is needed usually may not be a good idea.

You may do that. Some did it. Ideally, the DS260 is recommended to be submitted before making the DV payment. So personally, I don’t see the point of doing so if DV payment has already been made, except if the person in this case is planning on processing FTJ for derivatives outside the US.
Thank you so much for your answer,
so you recommend me to do not submit it?
I filled some parts of ds260 but I've not submit it, Can I just leave it at that? And wouldn't that be a problem?

It is OK, BUT I would also not recommend anyone to fill the DS260 if filing AOS (I filled it out after 6 months of making the 330 payment.)

The DS260 is not even included in your i485, and I believe giving DHS more than what is needed usually may not be a good idea.
Thank you so much for your answer,
So you recommend me to do not submit it?
I filled some parts of ds260 but I've not submit it, Can I just leave it at that? And wouldn't that be a problem?

It is your call. I am merely saying that I do regret submitting it. There is really no need at all for a ds260 if adjusting status.

Why would it be the US Department of Home Land Security? Have you taken a look at the form you’re supposed to include with the payment itself to start with?
May you please check the following USCIS link to see "how to write your check" section,
In this link USCIS mentioned to write "US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY" in front of " Pay to". But when i asked from the USCIS artificial intelligence chat in its website it said that I should write "Department of State"
I attached screenshots here please check them too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240521_165604_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_165604_Chrome.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240521_165713_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_165713_Chrome.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 7
May you please check my last question (above) about money order too?
The DV program is run by the Department of State, not the DHS-- so you will need to make the 330 per person DV fee payment to the U.S. Department of State. Subsequent forms like i485 you will pay the Department of Homeland Security.

So please read throughly the AOS Process Spreadsheet. The AOS process tab of the spreadsheet has ALL the info you need. Follow step no 5. The photo you attach is an example of how you would write a money order/check.

The address is as below. (This info is already in the AOS Process spreadsheet.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

The DV program is run by the Department of State, not the DHS-- so you will need to make the 330 per person DV fee payment to the U.S. Department of State. Subsequent forms like i485 you will pay the Department of Homeland Security.

So please read throughly the AOS Process Spreadsheet. The AOS process tab of the spreadsheet has ALL the info you need. Follow step no 5. The photo you attach is an example of how you would write a money order/check.

The address is as below. (This info is already in the AOS Process spreadsheet.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000
Thank you