• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello!
Last Friday, I received my approval, marking the end of my journey. This couldn't have happened without you Mom. You are so generous to dedicate your time each year and patiently respond to each message. God bless you and your family. I hope I get a chance to somehow make it up to you. You have truly been like a real mom to me throughout this process.

When did you initiate it and what is the status of it? If you ask for help and we provide it, giving an update on what was recommended is the only way we can further help you. It is not enough to keep asking for help with no update on what was done to date.
I will update the information in the table. but my question is about 765 form. I did not submit it along with the 485 form. I only submitted the 485 form in December. and now my question is, do I need to send 765 now if my work permit expires in August?

I will update the information in the table. but my question is about 765 form. I did not submit it along with the 485 form. I only submitted the 485 form in December. and now my question is, do I need to send 765 now if my work permit expires in August?
If your current status is Dual Intent and you can revert to your current status after using the EAD, then it is fine. However, the EAD will only be valid until the end of the fiscal year or until we run out of visas. Personally, I would not bother applying for it only for one month max.

They said that your case is under normal processing and they won't initiate any inquiry for me. I explained to them that this is a DV lottery case and it is time sensitive. They repeated the same answer, even after I told them that we only have a limited number of visas and we are approaching the end of the fiscal year. I even asked them when would be a good time to follow up with another inquiry, and again they repeated that they can't do anything for me. It is actually frustrating; I don’t have any other representative, and they won't help me through this process.
It has been more than 72 days since I haven't received an update.
Okay. You can try your Senator at this point, if you like. Although I already asked you to be patient considering your FO seems to be waiving the interview.

Assuming the EAD card gets approved early enough, I hope you realize it will only be valid until the end of September. So you can go ahead and apply for it now if you like.

Sir, two more questions:
1) If I sign I485 form for my kid, should I put "On Behalf of__her name__, Legal Guardian __my name__" or something like that? Same question for Money order.
2) I want to put my info to the spreadsheet, how can I do that? It doesn't allow me to make changes.

Assuming the EAD card gets approved early enough, I hope you realize it will only be valid until the end of September. So you can go ahead and apply for it now if you like.
I apologize for my question. Apparently it was not correct. because I was confused and thought that after receiving the Green Card I would still need to submit Form 765. and having a green card already gives me the right to work. right?thank you for your patience!

Dear Mom, thank you for your patience.
1) Is it a "must" to put N/A in the fields that are not applicable to me or it is okay to leave it blank?
2) If one of applicants used to be married another person, is Divorce certificate needed for the Package?

They said that your case is under normal processing and they won't initiate any inquiry for me. I explained to them that this is a DV lottery case and it is time sensitive. They repeated the same answer, even after I told them that we only have a limited number of visas and we are approaching the end of the fiscal year. I even asked them when would be a good time to follow up with another inquiry, and again they repeated that they can't do anything for me. It is actually frustrating; I don’t have any other representative, and they won't help me through this process.
It has been more than 72 days since I haven't received an update.
Are you sure you are not confusing congressional inquiry with an update through EMMA? Sounds like a usual response agents would provide & not your congress person.

Sir, two more questions:
1) If I sign I485 form for my kid, should I put "On Behalf of__her name__, Legal Guardian __my name__" or something like that? Same question for Money order.
2) I want to put my info to the spreadsheet, how can I do that? It doesn't allow me to make changes.
1. You sign your kid’s form exactly like you’ll sign yours. There’s no need for anything like on behalf …
2. Send an access request from the spreadsheet. If you don’t know how, take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for instructions on how to send an access request.

I apologize for my question. Apparently it was not correct. because I was confused and thought that after receiving the Green Card I would still need to submit Form 765. and having a green card already gives me the right to work. right?thank you for your patience!
Correct.

Dear Mom, thank you for your patience.
1) Is it a "must" to put N/A in the fields that are not applicable to me or it is okay to leave it blank?
2) If one of applicants used to be married another person, is Divorce certificate needed for the Package?
1. Take a look at the Prefilled sample I-485 (link in the AOS process spreadsheet) to get an idea of how to fill the form.
2. Yes.

Are you sure you are not confusing congressional inquiry with an update through EMMA? Sounds like a usual response agents would provide & not your congress person.
Yes, LOL. Believe me, I was surprised too. I was expecting to get some help, but they were fully prepared not to. At least Emma or a tier 1 agent helps you a little bit with your case.

This is exactly what I am doing. The thing is that we already filled out, I got there to check myself and see N/A in all fields that are empty in my form. I am wondering if it is neccessery or can I leave it blank.

Thank you, sir!
Leave them blank if you don’t think it’s necessary to put N/A.

Hi guys, I'm going to send $330 dv administration fee, what should I write in front of "pay to" in the money order? Is this true to write: "US Department to Homeland Security - USCIS" ?
and is the following term OK for memo part of the money order:
USCIS DV Lottery Case Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys, I'm going to send $330 dv administration fee, what should I write in front of "pay to" in the money order? Is this true to write: "US Department to Homeland Security - USCIS" ?
and is the following term OK for memo part of the money order:
USCIS DV Lottery Case Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Pay to: U.S. Department of State

Address: Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Memo# write your case number

Pay to: U.S. Department of State

Address: Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Memo# write your case number
Pay to US department of State???!!!!
Are you sure that it shouldn't be the US Department of Home Land Security?????

Why would it be the US Department of Home Land Security? Have you taken a look at the form you’re supposed to include with the payment itself to start with?

Ignorance is bliss. Also it is Homeland, not Home Land.And yes, you make the 330 dollar payment to the State, not DHS.