• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Preparing for the interview I came about a situation I would like some help with:

My B2/B1 was issued in 2007 and I came to US for business and as a tourist tens of times.
My wife’s visa was issued in 2011 at the beginning of the year and came with me to US in March and again in June of that year.
In December while we were in B2 status in US we changed our status to E2 by buying a business here. Since then we keep renewing this.

Going over our documents we realized in 2010 we both applied for DV while residing in our home country. Neither of us won at that time BUT is this going to show up as an ‘immigrant intent’? Should we expect some problems because of that DV application?
we kept applying every year starting 2010 also… Have the simple application ever been a problem in showing an immigrant intent?

Preparing for the interview I came about a situation I would like some help with:

My B2/B1 was issued in 2007 and I came to US for business and as a tourist tens of times.
My wife’s visa was issued in 2011 at the beginning of the year and came with me to US in March and again in June of that year.
In December while we were in B2 status in US we changed our status to E2 by buying a business here. Since then we keep renewing this.

Going over our documents we realized in 2010 we both applied for DV while residing in our home country. Neither of us won at that time BUT is this going to show up as an ‘immigrant intent’? Should we expect some problems because of that DV application?
we kept applying every year starting 2010 also… Have the simple application ever been a problem in showing an immigrant intent?
This is nothing to worry about. Don’t stress over some previous DV entry submissions, not an issue here.

My wife was in the same boat. Did you have to submit you graduation degree from the school you transferred from? I ask this because the officer wanted to see her graduate diploma from the school prior to the 60 day grace period in the interview.
Yes, we submit all of them. They specifically requested all transcripts, diplomas, school records, etc. for all schools.

Yes, we submit all of them. They specifically requested all transcripts, diplomas, school records, etc. for all schools.
This is great then. I think it is just a matter of waiting for your approval now given your FO is waiving interviews. Good luck!

This is great then. I think it is just a matter of waiting for your approval now given your FO is waiving interviews. Good luck!

Apparently, the Chicago officer is looking at DV cases only at the beginning of each month.

@Kagen310 got approved on February 2nd and we got RFE on February 2nd
@nadinka got approved on May 2nd, and I got RFE on May 2nd.

I don't think those dates are a coincidence. @gruss will probably get approved next week, and we are hoping to see some action this time.

Apparently, the Chicago officer is looking at DV cases only at the beginning of each month.

@Kagen310 got approved on February 2nd and we got RFE on February 2nd
@nadinka got approved on May 2nd, and I got RFE on May 2nd.

I don't think those dates are a coincidence. @gruss will probably get approved next week, and we are hoping to see some action this time.
great observation. Best of luck ahead for the next month!

More data points about our case:

On 5/8, I received a second RFE requesting all my I-20 forms. This time, my spouse did not receive an RFE; it was only me.
-On 5/9, I went to the USCIS field office to hand deliver the requested documents. The receptionist checked them and stamped them as received.
-On 5/10, I saw my RFE response as received in the USCIS case tracking system. My spouse's case still shows as biometrics received from 10/18/2023.

I also received my EAD on 5/24/2024. My spouse received her EAD on 4/29/2024

-I sent expedite Requests for my and my spouse's EADs on 1/16/2024.
-My spouse's expedite request didn't receive any more evidence request, and her EAD got approved on 4/10/2024, and she received the card on 4/29/2024.
-I received an e-mail to fax evidence for my EAD expedite request on 3/11/2024.
-I faxed the requested evidence on 4/23/2024.
-My EAD got approved on 05/07/2024, and I received the card on 5/24/2024.

Hello,
I've an official translation of ny high school diploma, but I missed the originals years ago, what should I do? I want to file my original official translation in my main package?

Hello,
I've an official translation of ny high school diploma, but I missed the originals years ago, what should I do? I want to file my original official translation in my main package?
Copies of documents not originally issued in English are supposed to be submitted with the English translated version with the AOS package. So send for a copy of the original diploma if you can. If you can’t then there’s no other choice but to use what you have and keep your fingers crossed hoping the IO will not request to see the original version.

p.s. if you submit the original translated version with your AOS package, what will you do if that copy somehow gets misplaced and you’re required to send in another copy?

We successfully did a walk-in biometrics appointment last week. The IO stamped and completed the 'biometrics stamp' on the letters. Our online USCIS account has had no updates, it still remains as 'case received'.

1. Do some online accounts never update to show biometrics taken? I thought the lack of updates come AFTER biometrics??
2. Do I need to do anything with the stamped biometrics letter, or just keep until the interview?

We successfully did a walk-in biometrics appointment last week. The IO stamped and completed the 'biometrics stamp' on the letters. Our online USCIS account has had no updates, it still remains as 'case received'.

1. Do some online accounts never update to show biometrics taken? I thought the lack of updates come AFTER biometrics??
2. Do I need to do anything with the stamped biometrics letter, or just keep until the interview?
1. Same situation. I have been told that some cases don’t get updated.
2. I would like to know answer to this question as well…

I think this is a question for many people and that is how the interview is waited for some people? Is there any special thing? And what about the biometric? How biometric people do not need to do biometric???

I think this is a question for many people and that is how the interview is waited for some people? Is there any special thing? And what about the biometric? How biometric people do not need to do biometric???
1. Why interview gets waived for some is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.
2. I have no idea what you mean by “How biometric people do not need to do biometric???“

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.

1. Why interview gets waived for some is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.
2. I have no idea what you mean by “How biometric people do not need to do biometric???“

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.
Amendment: how biometric can be waived for some people? (Based on timeline part of your spreadsheet)

Amendment: how biometric can be waived for some people? (Based on timeline part of your spreadsheet)
Biometric appointments get waived for folks who previously completed biometric appointments not too long ago. The captured information from the previous appointment gets used to run their background checks.

p.s. The Timeline spreadsheet is not “my” spreadsheet - it is a tool put together to benefit all DV based AOSers.

Hi! Glad to see most of the cases are going along nicely.
I have a question though: I was reviewing the forum entries and timeline for clues about how my case would move forward when I noticed I made a mistake in my I485...I responded "No" to item 61 for the public charge. Not sure how I came to make this error but it is done. That said, I frontloaded my file with an employment letter showing my salary, 3 months of bank statements, 3 years of W2, and 3 years of IRS return transcripts. My case was received and accepted at the lockbox and I received 2 NOAs last week (1 for my wife and 1 for me). I was hoping to "cruise" to the finish line, but now I'm concerned:
- What could be the Impact of checking "no" instead of "yes" in this painful I485?

Best regards.

nota: I'll update the timeline once I receive the bio and/or the interview letter.

I have a question though: I was reviewing the forum entries and timeline for clues about how my case would move forward when I noticed I made a mistake in my I485...I responded "No" to item 61 for the public charge. Not sure how I came to make this error but it is done. That said, I frontloaded my file with an employment letter showing my salary, 3 months of bank statements, 3 years of W2, and 3 years of IRS return transcripts. My case was received and accepted at the lockbox and I received 2 NOAs last week (1 for my wife and 1 for me). I was hoping to "cruise" to the finish line, but now I'm concerned:
- What could be the Impact of checking "no" instead of "yes" in this painful I485?

Best regards.

nota: I'll update the timeline once I receive the bio and/or the interview letter.
You could:
a - receive a RFE to submit a new section of the I485 form with the correct response, or
b - be given an opportunity to update your response at the time of your interview (if one gets scheduled), or
c - your IO may get careless and not fully scrutinize your form, and subsequently approve your case as is.

Best regards.

I have a friend who got approved after an interview. They also selected no for that question and the IO didn’t ask anything about it. It’s just like mom said they might over look it or let you correct it