• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Not something I would recommend doing considering there’s no telling how soon the rescheduling request will be processed. You could end up being rescheduled for October or way beyond which will lead to case denial due to the FY being over.
Thank you!

Hi, I am filing AOS in July 2023. I have been working full time from Jan, 2023 and graduated in May, 2023. I am in F1 visa. Do I need to submit I-134 (Declaration of Financial Support)?

Hi, I am the winner of DV 2023. I have a high case number of 20XXX from asia region(Nepal). Is it too early to fill up the DS-260? I am in US in student visa. I am looking to go back to homecountry in coming winter vacation I.e. december/january for a month. Would filling the DS-260 now be a trouble to me while entering US back after winter vacation? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
CONGRATS UR NUMBER IS NOW GOOD

Hi Guys, today at 7.30 a.m we attended for our interview at San Bernardino FO. Interview was very smooth but it's took 1.45 hrs (I think longest DV interview ever) because she took long time for paper work. She gave all our I-485 page by page for double check. She asked for birth and marriage certificates and went through few simple questions. Then she said everythings alright and she's going to request visa numbers from KCC. I politely asked about my BC report. She said she got it already.
I checked history of FO's approval pattern, they never had approved on same day. Normally it has taken more than one week.
Mom, do you know how long that KCC takes to transfer a DV file? Thank you.

Hi Guys, today at 7.30 a.m we attended for our interview at San Bernardino FO. Interview was very smooth but it's took 1.45 hrs (I think longest DV interview ever) because she took long time for paper work. She gave all our I-485 page by page for double check. She asked for birth and marriage certificates and went through few simple questions. Then she said everythings alright and she's going to request visa numbers from KCC. I politely asked about my BC report. She said she got it already.
I checked history of FO's approval pattern, they never had approved on same day. Normally it has taken more than one week.
Mom, do you know how long that KCC takes to transfer a DV file? Thank you.
KCC (DV case) file is electronically transferred. Asking how long it takes for the KCC file to get transferred is like asking how long is a piece of string. You’ve completed your interview which is good, so just be patient at this point.

@Sm1smom My company has been filing a EB-2 visa for me and I just got approved for the I-140 yesterday. From everything I can find online, it seems like it's ok and can't hurt to have multiple I-485 applications at a given time since one doesn't impact the other. Do you know if it's ok to have them start filing the I-485 while I am still waiting for my DV interview or that may have an impact on my DV Case ( I am still desperately checking the mailbox multiple times a day without success :'( ) ?

Thanks again for all your help

Ilias

Last edited:
@Sm1smom My company has been filing a EB-2 visa for me and I just got approved for the I-140 yesterday. From everything I can find online, it seems like it's ok and can't hurt to have multiple I-485 applications at a given time since one doesn't impact the other. Do you know if it's ok to have them start filing the I-485 while I am still waiting for my DV interview or that may have an impact on my DV Case ( I am still desperately checking the mailbox multiple times a day without success :'( ) ?

Ilias
There are no restrictions for having multiple AOS applications at a time.

Ilias
Congratulations on the I-140 approval. There's no issue with having multiple I-485 applications in the system at the same time. Is it okay for you company to begin the process of filing a new I-485 for you right now while you're waiting for your DV interview (considering the associated costs and resources that may be involved)? - that is not for me to determine. That is a call you'll need to make on your own.

Me and my wife have gone to the bio appointment on May 9th and it's now June 1st and still no interview invitation notice in the mail, no email/text updates and the case status online is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".

Is this normal or should I worry? Judging by timelines it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to send the notice.

Could I do anything to know what's happening?
Hi @Sm1smom,

I've added my information to the timeline spreadsheet as requested (I'm not quite sure about the letter/mail dates though, but tried to be as accurate as possible), can you please give me advice on my situation? Can/should I take some action at this point and what action should that be, if any? Judging by the current and past timelines Californian field offices really like to take their time and I am afraid we won't fit into this fiscal year.

Good morning,
Today, my husband had his CP interview in the US embassy in Kuwait and thankfully he was approved.
The consular informed him that your family can not adjust their status on the US and they have to proceed CP as well.
We did not attend the interview with him as we don’t have a visa in Kuwait.
I paid the 990$ to adjust status and my medical exam is scheduled next week
My questions are:
1) is it impossible to adjust status here as derivatives for the main applicant after the main applicant entered the states as LPR?
2) I don’t know what to do , I need your guidance.

Last edited:
Attended my interview yesterday at the Los Angeles FO. Officer was very friendly and knew that DV was time-sensitive. Interview was quick (15 min or even less) and essentially just confirmed some info from my I-485 and yes/no questions. Officer only asked to see my passport and drivers (I had a small library of things I had brought including originals etc), though I asked to correct my I-693's clerical error and he unsealed it and read through that all was in order. Told me he thinks there should be no issues but he does not approve on the spot and handed me a form saying that USCIS is unable to complete my case.

Status changed to new card being produced today.

Thanks very much to everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences and to mom of course (!) and others in particular like Blade who assisted me directly going through this process! A huge source of comfort and support.

Hi @Sm1smom,

I've added my information to the timeline spreadsheet as requested (I'm not quite sure about the letter/mail dates though, but tried to be as accurate as possible), can you please give me advice on my situation? Can/should I take some action at this point and what action should that be, if any? Judging by the current and past timelines Californian field offices really like to take their time and I am afraid we won't fit into this fiscal year.
Your current case timeline seems on track with those reported for your FO on the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet. The San Jose FO interviewed almost all the reported cases from 2022 in August, with the exception of one which got filed in Oct 2022 and was completed by Dec 2022 (I believe). Yours seems to be follow the trend of others filed after that first case. You could start following up now by making calls to the agents or chatting with them through Emma if you like. You can also initiate a congressional case follow up assistance if you like. Or you could exercise some more patience by waiting considering the observed trend from DV 2022 cases.

Hello Mom and everyone, my case number has been current for August. I am looking for early filing as we are approaching the end of the fiscal year. Can I file my AOS today/tomorrow or should I wait until August? If I choose early filing what precautions I should take?

Attended my interview yesterday at the Los Angeles FO. Officer was very friendly and knew that DV was time-sensitive. Interview was quick (15 min or even less) and essentially just confirmed some info from my I-485 and yes/no questions. Officer only asked to see my passport and drivers (I had a small library of things I had brought including originals etc), though I asked to correct my I-693's clerical error and he unsealed it and read through that all was in order. Told me he thinks there should be no issues but he does not approve on the spot and handed me a form saying that USCIS is unable to complete my case.

Thanks very much to everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences and to mom of course (!) and others in particular like Blade who assisted me directly going through this process! A huge source of comfort and support.
Did they eventually change your USCIS case status to Interview or did it just stay on Biometrics?

Good morning,
Today, my husband had his CP interview in the US embassy in Kuwait and thankfully he was approved.
The consular informed him that your family can not adjust their status on the US and they have to proceed CP as well.
We did not attend the interview with him as we don’t have a visa in Kuwait.
I paid the 990$ to adjust status and my medical exam is scheduled next week
My questions are:
1) is it impossible to adjust status here as derivatives for the main applicant after the main applicant entered the states as LPR?
2) I don’t know what to do , I need your guidance.
Does your husband have his passport with the visa stamp on it? He is not approved (regardless of what the CO told him at the end of his interview) until that happens.

If a derivative cannot process AOS following the main selectee's successful CP processing AND admission into the US as a LPR, this forum wouldn't have given the impression it was possible. I believe I made it quite clear it is a possible BUT the process is quite complicated (as a lot depends on when your husband enters the US on his NIV, your applicable FO's workload, their ability to retrieve your husband's case file from his embassy, etc. you may not have enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY). I believe I once stated your best bet would be for your own CN to become current and you process AOS based on that.

Anyway, I think you need to review some of the responses previously provided to you. I will make it easier for you to review those by leaving the links below for you:

1. May 12, 2022
2. April 28, 2023
May 16, 2023

Honestly speaking, you do have an additional option contrary to what you're thinking or stressing yourself out over things you have no control. Worst case scenario, you're unable to complete the AOS process before the end of the FY as your husband's derivate, or even as the main selectee (assuming your CN becomes current). Your husband can always petition and sponsor you and your children as soon as the FY is over.

Congratulations.