• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello @Sm1smom

I made a mistake on my i-485 form; I incorrectly marked "NO" instead of "YES" on the public charge section. Consequently, I recently received a Request for Evidence (RFE) to correct this error. I am wondering whether I should only complete the relevant section pertaining to public charge or if I need to fill out the entire i-485 form again.

My husband served in the military, and he received a Request for Evidence (RFE) due to a mistake in completing the membership section. We reviewed the documents and couldn't identify any issues, so we're unsure about the specific problem mentioned in the RFE. We have attached pictures and would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!

View attachment 4165View attachment 4166
1. You need to fill out the applicable pages to the referenced sections, Part 8, Questions 61 - 68.
2. I’m unable to tell what they deem the issue to be. Send back an affidavit as requested as requested. Did your husband include a copy of his discharge papers with his AOS package? If he did not do so before, I recommend including it with the affidavit.

Hi @Sm1smom, I opened the link to find the lockbox filing locations chart for certain family based forms, I read the first sentence, then scrolled down and found this Lockbox address for New York:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: AOS (Box 805887)
131 S. Dearborn St., 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Could you please just confirm the this is the right address? Sorry but I already had a problem with the money order and now I am more scared and anxious than before :(...
Thank you for your help!
Yes New York falls under the Chicago Lockbox.

Reactions: AM7
Hi Sm1smom, USCIS sent RFE notification and we submitted a response around 3rd week of June. Today, when I checked I485 case status, it is updated as "New Card is being produced". Please let me know if this means I-485 is in the approval phase. Thanks in advance for your response and to this forum

Hi Sm1smom, USCIS sent RFE notification and we submitted a response around 3rd week of June. Today, when I checked I485 case status, it is updated as "New Card is being produced". Please let me know if this means I-485 is in the approval phase. Thanks in advance for your response and to this forum
Congratulations. Please add your son’s case to the Timeline spreadsheet - other/future selectees could benefit from him same way you/him benefitted from this forum.

Hello everyone,
Today, I received the SASE , they sent the original paper with a stamp on it. ( the stamp said paid with a date and signature)
No extra receipt.
Is it correct?
@Othmanc If I remember correctly, you had the same doubt as me that the money order was stolen because it appeared to have been delivered to Saint Louis 63166. So you received the SASE even if it was delivered to the wrong zip code/PO Box!! Maybe I can hope that mine wasn't stolen too...
May I ask when you make the money order and in what city? I And did you open an inquiry at the USPS office before you got the SASE?
Thank you

1. You need to fill out the applicable pages to the referenced sections, Part 8, Questions 61 - 68.
2. I’m unable to tell what they deem the issue to be. Send back an affidavit as requested as requested. Did your husband include a copy of his discharge papers with his AOS package? If he did not do so before, I recommend including it with the affidavit.
Hi mom, just realized I also made the same mistake unfortunately. I haven’t received RFE, I am waiting for my bio letter.

1. Will they deny the case based on this? Like considering “misrepresentation”.

2. Should I send a correction letter to them? If yes, should I send it to NBC or field office?

Thank you for everything.

Hi mom, just realized I also made the same mistake unfortunately. I haven’t received RFE, I am waiting for my bio letter.

1. Will they deny the case based on this? Like considering “misrepresentation”.

2. Should I send a correction letter to them? If yes, should I send it to NBC or field office?

Thank you for everything.
1. Don’t jump at conclusions. Just wait and see. There have been a few who made a similar mistake, they did not receive a RFE but had the opportunity of correcting their answer when they went in for their interview.
2. Sending unsolicited follow up documentation without receiving a RFE is often not recommended IMO. It more often than not does not get included with the original package and could actually lead to avoidable scrutiny.

@Othmanc If I remember correctly, you had the same doubt as me that the money order was stolen because it appeared to have been delivered to Saint Louis 63166. So you received the SASE even if it was delivered to the wrong zip code/PO Box!! Maybe I can hope that mine wasn't stolen too...
May I ask when you make the money order and in what city? I And did you open an inquiry at the USPS office before you got the SASE?
Thank you
Hello,
I did not open an inquiry. I sent an email to kcc checking if the address is right but before they answer my email , I received the SASE.
I sent my money order on May 17, which was received by the Department of State on May 19.
the money order was cashed on May 22 and Kcc told me that they sent it on May 25 but there was no update so this was weird as my SASE should be tracked.
On June 1st , I got an update that the shipment is moving.
I have received the SASE on June 2nd.
I am in Ohio
Hopefully, you will get your SASE soon
Keep me updated

Which VO office?

Good morning,
I lost my vaccination record but I know that my vaccines are up to date ,
What should I do ?
Either ask from someone that you previously submitted a copy to them (like a college's health center, that's where I got a copy to use), or take a blood test to verify if you have certain anti-bodies (when applicable). Alternatively, you can take the shots again.

@Sm1smom Update on my plan:

Managed to get up through security and the 7th floor to the waiting room. Was shouted out by the security officer saying I shouldn't be there and that walk-ins were not allowed anymore. Wasn't able to get any other number or information about my immigration officer... HOWEVER - On my way down in the elevator... who do I recognize? My IO !!! I dared to introduce myself and my case. Turns out he remembered me (when I said the diversity visa applicant) and told me that everything was in order, that they had everything and that the case was with the "appointment scheduling services" and that I should get a new date soon. I asked again how i'd get notified and I how I could contact anyone. He said it was out of his hands at this point but said that "since the case is time-sensitive" the interview would likely be soon and ran out of the elevator.

Thinking of giving it until next monday to start the congressional case inquiry/tier 2 callback. I sent an email to KCC early this morning before attempting to walk-in.

cc: @SebastianNY

Either ask from someone that you previously submitted a copy to them (like a college's health center, that's where I got a copy to use), or take a blood test to verify if you have certain anti-bodies (when applicable). Alternatively, you can take the shots again.
Thank you

Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding my interview. Today I received a mail about my interview date and everything and saw that I have to bring the form I-864 about my sponsor and his W-2 and his other paperwork. Is this an automatic USCIS response to an interview? Because I don't have a sponsor and husband, I have an American boyfriend, but he cannot be my sponsor because we are not married. Could you please help me with my question and concern? Thank you in advance!IMG_2760.jpeg

Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding my interview. Today I received a mail about my interview date and everything and saw that I have to bring the form I-864 about my sponsor and his W-2 and his other paperwork. Is this an automatic USCIS response to an interview? Because I don't have a sponsor and husband, I have an American boyfriend, but he cannot be my sponsor because we are not married. Could you please help me with my question and concern? Thank you in advance!View attachment 4169
The interview letter provided is a generic one, and not everything mentioned in it may be relevant to your specific case.

Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding my interview. Today I received a mail about my interview date and everything and saw that I have to bring the form I-864 about my sponsor and his W-2 and his other paperwork. Is this an automatic USCIS response to an interview? Because I don't have a sponsor and husband, I have an American boyfriend, but he cannot be my sponsor because we are not married. Could you please help me with my question and concern? Thank you in advance!View attachment 4169
That is a generic IL, some of the listed items such as an I864 are not relevant to your case as a DV base applicant. Nonetheless, you may still be required to present an I-134 in place of the I-864, or other financial documents to demonstrate self sufficiency and overcome the presumption of becoming a public charge.

That is a generic IL, some of the listed items such as an I864 are not relevant to your case as a DV base applicant. Nonetheless, you may still be required to present an I-134 in place of the I-864, or other financial documents to demonstrate self sufficiency and overcome the presumption of becoming a public charge.
If I am on F-1 visa here and get income only from employment on campus. I sent my W-2 form, tax return, pay subs, and my bank account’s transaction for 6 months to USCIS. Do you think I still need to fill out I-134 form?
Appreciate your advice

If I am on F-1 visa here and get income only from employment on campus. I sent my W-2 form, tax return, pay subs, and my bank account’s transaction for 6 months to USCIS. Do you think I still need to fill out I-134 form?
Appreciate your advice
Having an I-134 is always a good backup plan.