• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

No, the form does not say Sept 30 2022 is the deadline for submission. You misinterpreted and misunderstood the form expiration date which has absolutely nothing to do with submission. That date has nothing to do with the applicant or the person filling it as a matter of fact, it is an internal control date for official purpose.
The past mistake already passed and it doesn't help rather it may hurt. So if you have a solution to put it in my scenario here, you are welcome.

The past mistake already passed and it doesn't help rather it may hurt. So if you have a solution to put it in my scenario here, you are welcome.
Oh really? With the attitude you’re displaying, you think I will offer you a solution if I had one? Yeah, you’re welcome :rolleyes:

I become current on around february, so it takes them 6 months to process it.
There is very little that you can do now, but wait. If you just want to satisfy your curiosity, you could send an email to KCC to find out if your DS260 was processed. Based on the response, you may be able to tell if you are likely to be called in the next (and possibly last) batch of 2NL coming in the next few weeks. That's all you can do now, IMHO.

Hi guys,

Since I already received the DV visa and will travel to US next month, I would like to learn that generally after how long you land, you will receive the ssn? I have clicked the want to receive ssn with GC when i fill the ds 260 form.
I just got a job offer from the US, and they want me to start work 2 weeks after I landed. Is there any way that I can get the ssn number before I actually received the card?

Thank you in advance.

Hi guys,

Since I already received the DV visa and will travel to US next month, I would like to learn that generally after how long you land, you will receive the ssn? I have clicked the want to receive ssn with GC when i fill the ds 260 form.
I just got a job offer from the US, and they want me to start work 2 weeks after I landed. Is there any way that I can get the ssn number before I actually received the card?

Thank you in advance.
SSN within two weeks but sometimes never gets sent. I think GC within a month is realistic. You can use I551 stamp as work proof I would presume

Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.
Congratulations on your job offer. Yes, in most cases you will get your SSN within 2-3 weeks. The green card takes a month or so. SOmetimes they call you for additional biometrics, which could delay your GC a bit. But, as @nervouswreck said, you can still use your I551 stamp in your passport in lieu of your green card for up to one year, so that should not be a problem. Some employers may allow you to start working as long as you would produce the SSN within a specific time period. If you explain it to them, they may agree to let you start work, and only get paid when your SSN comes in; this has been done before.

Good luck.

The august visa bulletin just came out….
My case number is EU348XX
The cut off for august is 32000.
It seems so close and in the same time so far
I filled my DS260 back in May 2022 and been waiting since then.. seems like it’s going to be super limit

The august visa bulletin just came out….
My case number is EU348XX
The cut off for august is 32000.
It seems so close and in the same time so far
I filled my DS260 back in May 2022 and been waiting since then.. seems like it’s going to be super limit

I'm sorry. That sucks.

I'm sorry. That sucks..
It really does…
By your experience do you think that an increase of the bulletins for Europe for the last month would happen?
I’m following closely the DV2023 CEAC Data table and so far, they only have processed like 60% of cases out of the 55k available GN

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpeg
    IMG_7022.jpeg
    528.6 KB · Views: 9
It really does…
By your experience do you think that an increase of the bulletins for Europe for the last month would happen?
I’m following closely the DV2023 CEAC Data table and so far, they only have processed like 60% of cases out of the 55k available GN
The VB released today was the last one for DV2023. There won't be any change now.

The CEAC data is showing they are doing very well with issuances, with lots of interviews scheduled for July and August. Not sure why you think they have only got to 60%.

Congratulations on your job offer. Yes, in most cases you will get your SSN within 2-3 weeks. The green card takes a month or so. SOmetimes they call you for additional biometrics, which could delay your GC a bit. But, as @nervouswreck said, you can still use your I551 stamp in your passport in lieu of your green card for up to one year, so that should not be a problem. Some employers may allow you to start working as long as you would produce the SSN within a specific time period. If you explain it to them, they may agree to let you start work, and only get paid when your SSN comes in; this has been done before.

Good luck.
Thank you for the info. Another question is do I need to submit it online from ssa web then go to offline submit the document by myself or this will auto happened when I arrived US(I have seleced that I want to get ssn with GC when I submit ds260)

Thank you for the info. Another question is do I need to submit it online from ssa web then go to offline submit the document by myself or this will auto happened when I arrived US(I have seleced that I want to get ssn with GC when I submit ds260)
If you ticked some box requesting for an SSN, they'll send it automatically in most cases unless you need new biometrics. Just make sure you handover the package at the border (CBP never asked me for it when I entered but I gave it to them anyway)

If you ticked some box requesting for an SSN, they'll send it automatically in most cases unless you need new biometrics. Just make sure you handover the package at the border (CBP never asked me for it when I entered but I gave it to them anyway)
Yes, but the SSN does not depend on the biometrics. You will still receive your SSN, even thought they can request biometrics.

Today, the passports with visas have arrived. Thank you so much to everyone on this forum because everything that was written here has helped me go through the process successfully and without any issues. Thank you once again, everyone!
I have only one question, since I will be going first without my family (they will come later). Should I carry only an envelope containing my documents and a CD?

Today, the passports with visas have arrived. Thank you so much to everyone on this forum because everything that was written here has helped me go through the process successfully and without any issues. Thank you once again, everyone!
I have only one question, since I will be going first without my family (they will come later). Should I carry only an envelope containing my documents and a CD?
Yes. The rest of of your family should bring their own packets for submission when they enter the US.

Hey guys,
my appointment date has been set.
The embassy is asking for "IV address registration" through ustraveldocs website
I have started the process which asks for "Visa Class" I am not sure which one to choose off of the list (e.g. B11,B12, C21, etc.).
Note that I am single and applying through DV lottery (I couldn't find anything related to lottery in the list)

Hi everyone! We traveled to the U.S back in March then left a week later. I am still currently sorting things out and am planning to move to the U.S permanently at the end of this year or in January, 2024 latest. Since the period between the last entry and the planned re-entry exceeds the period of six months, would this cause us any issues?

Hi everyone! We traveled to the U.S back in March then left a week later. I am still currently sorting things out and am planning to move to the U.S permanently at the end of this year or in January, 2024 latest. Since the period between the last entry and the planned re-entry exceeds the period of six months, would this cause us any issues?
Yes, no, and it depends. Yes - Resets the six month counter. No - You're still under a year. It depends - CBP may, at their discretion decide that you abandonded your residence if they feel you do not have strong enough ties to the US. I heard they are more forgiving for the first time but again it is up to them

Hey guys,
my appointment date has been set.
The embassy is asking for "IV address registration" through ustraveldocs website
I have started the process which asks for "Visa Class" I am not sure which one to choose off of the list (e.g. B11,B12, C21, etc.).
Note that I am single and applying through DV lottery (I couldn't find anything related to lottery in the list)
I don't remember but had some issues like this and just contacted the customer support who fixed it manually. I believe DV should be in the list though.