• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hey guys,
my appointment date has been set.
The embassy is asking for "IV address registration" through ustraveldocs website
I have started the process which asks for "Visa Class" I am not sure which one to choose off of the list (e.g. B11,B12, C21, etc.).
Note that I am single and applying through DV lottery (I couldn't find anything related to lottery in the list)
You could also try a different web browser.

Hello,
I am leaving soon to the US and I just want to check the airport process for the first landing. When I received my passport after having the visa printed on it, I received also a paper that said: “The U.S. Department of State is Going Paperless!
Previously all first-time immigrant travelers to the United States were required to hand-carry an Immigrant Visa (IV) packet and present it at the U.S. Port of Entry to the Customs and Border Protection authorities. In 2017, the Department of State began to use an online application center to collect, review, and process the required documents previously contained in the IV packet. IV packets are now transmitted electronically to Customs and Border Protection and are accessible at the U.S. Port of Entry.
Any immigrant traveler carrying a visa with a special annotation is not required to hand-carry an I packet.”
Does this mean I only have to show my passport and no need for any other documents?

Hello everyone, really appreciate your effort and support,
I am 2023AF21XXX,
I have applied my ds 260 forum on may 15th,
I received confirmation from KCC that my case is pending embassy for appointment scheduling (Abu Dhabi, UAE),
tired contacting embassy but no feedback,
checked CEAC data “dvcharts.xarthisius ” I see that there was no 2NL since 23 jun 2023,

I am thinking of changing my interview embassy to Jordan Amman ,(lateset 2NL on 21 jul 2023)’:
so is this possible and is it advisable with this timeline, what is ur advise to increase my interview chances

thank you all for the great support

Hello everyone, really appreciate your effort and support,
I am 2023AF21XXX,
I have applied my ds 260 forum on may 15th,
I received confirmation from KCC that my case is pending embassy for appointment scheduling (Abu Dhabi, UAE),
tired contacting embassy but no feedback,
checked CEAC data “dvcharts.xarthisius ” I see that there was no 2NL since 23 jun 2023,

I am thinking of changing my interview embassy to Jordan Amman ,(lateset 2NL on 21 jul 2023)’:
so is this possible and is it advisable with this timeline, what is ur advise to increase my interview chances

thank you all for the great support
Too late to be thinking of changing embassies

Hello,
I am leaving soon to the US and I just want to check the airport process for the first landing. When I received my passport after having the visa printed on it, I received also a paper that said: “The U.S. Department of State is Going Paperless!
Previously all first-time immigrant travelers to the United States were required to hand-carry an Immigrant Visa (IV) packet and present it at the U.S. Port of Entry to the Customs and Border Protection authorities. In 2017, the Department of State began to use an online application center to collect, review, and process the required documents previously contained in the IV packet. IV packets are now transmitted electronically to Customs and Border Protection and are accessible at the U.S. Port of Entry.
Any immigrant traveler carrying a visa with a special annotation is not required to hand-carry an I packet.”
Does this mean I only have to show my passport and no need for any other documents?
Varies by embassy. Some embassies are completely paperless. If you were not given any package, you do not need to take anything.

It’s not accurate if it’s the wrong name. Per the instructions, they can deny your entry if the details on the entry do not match those on the passport. It’s hard to tell if they will accept it as a genuine mistake or deny you. I am not sure how strict Algeria is tbh. You can decide to take a chance and try, accepting a risk that they might deny you.
FYI visa approved,
Thank you very much for you help Susie

I am sorry if this may have been asked before, I wondered for those of you who went through O Level and then went to foundation year at a college, especially the Australian foundation programs (Eg. MUFY, UFS, ANU) before eventually going to University and did successfully obtained the bachelor’s degree (4 Years). How was the verdict ? I found that The Australian foundation programme is equivalent to Year 12 when I googled it up but not sure for the purpose of DV Visa.

If anyone who has gone through the Australian foundation programme and did have university degree obtained, who have gone through the DV Visa process, I Would love to hear your experience so that we can all learn from each other... I do believe there are other people who went through this route.  

Thank You.
Your response is greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. I hope you're all well. I have some questions.My case number is 52k AF region, Nairobi embassy.I haven't gotten a visa appointment yet. And I was wondering if anyone knows if I might get it soon.I filled in the DS-260 on 12th May 2022. I thought this would fasten my process.What are the chances of getting the 2nl date this month?

Hello everyone. I hope you're all well. I have some questions.My case number is 52k AF region, Nairobi embassy.I haven't gotten a visa appointment yet. And I was wondering if anyone knows if I might get it soon.I filled in the DS-260 on 12th May 2022. I thought this would fasten my process.What are the chances of getting the 2nl date this month?
Sadly you are not likely to get an interview.

From the beginning of the year NRB set their capacity at a level far below what was needed to keep up with the workload they had. That meant a large backlog was built up, and they were several months behind in their work. Even at this point they haven't scheduled cases higher than about 35K - which were cases current in February. That means they are backlogged to DECEMBER transition dates!!

The final interviews for September have been distributed among almost all embassies now, and NRB accepted 134 interviews on the July 14th (these were September interviews). That is likely the last set of interviews they will accept, and because KCC have overscheduled interviews, it is very unlikely that any embassy will be offered any interviews as a second batch for September. Even if they did, it would be case numbers much lower than yours because of the backlog I explained above.

So, the brutal truth is that your chance has gone. Sorry to be the bearer of that news.

Hi everyone,

I landed US last week, however, when I try to track the update of my GC from USCIS case tracker app, it's still shows Fee payment received(100 days ago). And I cannot track it from the USCIS web, it keeps asking for Online Access Code, which I never received on any of files and nothing happened after I requested to get a new code. Is there anyone faces the same problem?

Also, about SSN, when I go to SSA office site, the staff told me I have to wait 1 month if still didn't receive it, then they can help. Is there any way to check the statues or speed it up?

Thank you in advance.
1691985469846.png

Hi everyone,

I landed US last week, however, when I try to track the update of my GC from USCIS case tracker app, it's still shows Fee payment received(100 days ago). And I cannot track it from the USCIS web, it keeps asking for Online Access Code, which I never received on any of files and nothing happened after I requested to get a new code. Is there anyone faces the same problem?

Also, about SSN, when I go to SSA office site, the staff told me I have to wait 1 month if still didn't receive it, then they can help. Is there any way to check the statues or speed it up?

Thank you in advance.
View attachment 4311
Still have to wait for at least two weeks. CBP may not have submitted your details yet or the status just isn't updated yet.

Still have to wait for at least two weeks. CBP may not have submitted your details yet or the status just isn't updated yet.
In my case, I need ssn more than GC now. Since the visa + stamp can be used as 1 year temporary GC. But car rental, credit card, job's paycheck,etc every need SSN. Don't know how to make it speed up. So the only solution is to wait now? Thank you in advance

In my case, I need ssn more than GC now. Since the visa + stamp can be used as 1 year temporary GC. But car rental, credit card, job's paycheck,etc every need SSN. Don't know how to make it speed up. So the only solution is to wait now? Thank you in advance
SSN should be issued within two weeks. If you do not get it by then, contact the SSA

FYI to all and to note the timeline.

The Algerian embassy has now started cancelling interviews because they have hit the 7% country cap of 3850 visas.
1693261018111.png