• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Looks like it's ended.

Awful for those still waiting.

It may be too early to tell, but from your past experience, do you think exceeding the cap causes concern for DV2024? Will they increase visa bulletin case numbers at a slower rate?

Awful for those still waiting.

It may be too early to tell, but from your past experience, do you think exceeding the cap causes concern for DV2024? Will they increase visa bulletin case numbers at a slower rate?
I think we will have similar issues in September 2024 - the only difference being that people will be more believing of the warnings given.

Hi Simon,

What does that mean for us who have met all requirements and have already been interviewed? Is there a visa for us or we have missed out? The embassy still holds our passport and had emailed us earlier in the week that they will get in touch when visa parcel is ready however we are still on ready status. It has been a long wait.
Same here interview was in 10th August Embassy still have the passport and haven't heard anything from them yet

I'll be entering the US soon for the first time since receiving my Diversity Visa.

Question: When entering for the first time at Customs & Border Protection did you go to the line for US Citizens and LPR's or because you are not technically a LPR until they stamp your visa/passport did you go to the line for non-citizens?

I'll be entering the US soon for the first time since receiving my Diversity Visa.

Question: When entering for the first time at Customs & Border Protection did you go to the line for US Citizens and LPR's or because you are not technically a LPR until they stamp your visa/passport did you go to the line for non-citizens?
I went through a few months ago at LAX and just went through the non citizens line

I want to apply for DV 2025 but my 3 months old baby ears are not well visible. Can this be a problem?
Take a look at the examples of acceptable photos provided here and try to conform to the one applicable to your baby’s situation. You’ll need to scroll down and click on the section that says “Children” to see the examples.

Dear All,
I have received my DV visa to go to the US.
I am planning to go to the US for 3 weeks in end of November.
I have paid my USCIS fees in August and as per the website I should receive the green card in 90 days. I have some questions on the path forward:
1- I put an international address when paying the USCIS fees, I tried to change it to a US address (my brother's address) and it was rejected, what could be the reason for this?
2- I would like to have my I-551 processed before I'd leave the US again, I tried to schedule an appointment on USCIS website to no avail, they ask for OAC that I was not provided with, any clarifications?
3- is there a risk to me getting the green card if I visit the US for 3 weeks and come back to home country? and are 3 weeks enough to finish processing the I-551?
4- During the 3 weeks, can I process my SSN? open a bank account? get a driving licence? other documentation required?

Dear All,
I have received my DV visa to go to the US.
I am planning to go to the US for 3 weeks in end of November.
I have paid my USCIS fees in August and as per the website I should receive the green card in 90 days. I have some questions on the path forward:
1- I put an international address when paying the USCIS fees, I tried to change it to a US address (my brother's address) and it was rejected, what could be the reason for this?
2- I would like to have my I-551 processed before I'd leave the US again, I tried to schedule an appointment on USCIS website to no avail, they ask for OAC that I was not provided with, any clarifications?
3- is there a risk to me getting the green card if I visit the US for 3 weeks and come back to home country? and are 3 weeks enough to finish processing the I-551?
4- During the 3 weeks, can I process my SSN? open a bank account? get a driving licence? other documentation required?
If you ticked the box, an SSN will be issued. 3 weeks is enough to get an account but it will depend on the bank and your citizenship. For some banks, you can even do it online. I don’t know what you mean by processing your I-551, a green card will be mailed in 1-2 months of your entry. The address you use to pay has nothing to do with green card processing. It may have been rejected if it didn’t match what the bank has on file
I did the same and had my green card mailed to me. It was fine but USPS took forever to get it to me.

If you ticked the box, an SSN will be issued. 3 weeks is enough to get an account but it will depend on the bank and your citizenship. For some banks, you can even do it online. I don’t know what you mean by processing your I-551, a green card will be mailed in 1-2 months of your entry. The address you use to pay has nothing to do with green card processing. It may have been rejected if it didn’t match what the bank has on file
I did the same and had my green card mailed to me. It was fine but USPS took forever to get it to me.
Hey thanks for your prompt response.
- Can I land in one state and having my mailing address in another state?
- do I fill this address at the immigration once I land?

Hey thanks for your prompt response.
- Can I land in one state and having my mailing address in another state?
- do I fill this address at the immigration once I land?
1. Yes
2. You will fill your info as you are buying the ticket. You can also use CBP MPC to submit your answers pre-arrival (not sure if it works if you haven't got your card yet). If you want to change your address, you may also change it at the border while handing in your packet (if you have any and if they take you in for "secondary")