• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I've become current since June in Asia region. However, I submitted my DS-260 in August, 2022. (Doha)
1- Are the interviews scheduled based on embassy availability and/or the time I entered the cue for processing the DS-260?
2- Who sends the 2NL? Embassies or KCC?
3- Can I contact embassy to try and expedite my interview or 2NL issuance? or would it be to no avail?
1. Both.
2. KCC.
3. The embassy is not aware of the existence of your case until after the KCC schedules the interview.

Hi there! I have question ..

How recent should a police certificate clearance be , before going for interview in Nairobi, kenya

HI there
thanks for your time, i am one of the selectees of dv2023, i have submitted two ds260 forms for I and my spouse for almost 6months and the case number current for long time now. but we are yet to be scheduled an interview.

Also, i have a ds260 form on my case number that i no longer need, i started it but its incomplete, does that have anything to do with the delay.
should i submit the ds260 even if i dont need it.

another thing, when i check my case number on this website , it indicates that my case number is a hole. what does that mean???

looking forward for yur reply.
thanks once again!

HI there
thanks for your time, i am one of the selectees of dv2023, i have submitted two ds260 forms for I and my spouse for almost 6months and the case number current for long time now. but we are yet to be scheduled an interview.

Also, i have a ds260 form on my case number that i no longer need, i started it but its incomplete, does that have anything to do with the delay.
should i submit the ds260 even if i dont need it.

another thing, when i check my case number on this website , it indicates that my case number is a hole. what does that mean???

looking forward for yur reply.
thanks once again!
What is your CN and in which month did you submit your DS260 form?

My case number is 2023AF000098XX
I submitted mine 14 Oct 2022
I submitted for mine wife 10 Dec 2022
Your submission is a bit late. In order to get scheduled for an interview, a couple of things needs to happen following the DS260 submission: KCC needs to complete processing the submitted DS260 form(s), the CN needs to be current, and the embassy needs to have the required capacity to deal with DV cases. There have been reports of some embassies only accepting limited number of DV cases, yours may be one one those.

Thanks for yur time and help
My case number is now current according to KCC, but we are yet to be scheduled an interview.

Do you think the unneeded incomplete DS260 form on my case number contributed to the delay.
Thank you

Thanks for yur time and help
My case number is now current according to KCC, but we are yet to be scheduled an interview.

Do you think the unneeded incomplete DS260 form on my case number contributed to the delay.
Thank you
Yes, I know your CN is current. I listed 3 conditions which needs to be met, the CN being current is simply one of those. The incomplete DS260 is not one of those conditions.

Hi

Has OCEANIA region reached its fiscal year 2023 quota in regards to the issuance of dv visa or there is still chances that cut off numbers may increase in the next visa bulletin .

Im 2023 OC 188*

Thank you

Hi everybody. I would like to ask why everyone has different instructions regarding documents. I have read multiple questions on this forum, and some have been asked to bring copies of the originals. I have read every single site regarding documents and every e-mail I've received and I have not been asked once for copies, just originals. Also, I read many people are completing the I-134 Form when it is not even a requirement. Why are they being told to fill that document? Or to bring bank statements? As I understand, those documents would be needed if it were a Sponsor/Petition IV, but not DV.

Are they being told to bring those documents "just in case"? Should I bring those documents just in case? If so, would it be helpful to bring any other supporting documents that I was not asked for (like IRS tax documents, SSN (since I have one already), etc.?

Thank You so much in advance.

Hi everybody. I would like to ask why everyone has different instructions regarding documents. I have read multiple questions on this forum, and some have been asked to bring copies of the originals. I have read every single site regarding documents and every e-mail I've received and I have not been asked once for copies, just originals. Also, I read many people are completing the I-134 Form when it is not even a requirement. Why are they being told to fill that document? Or to bring bank statements? As I understand, those documents would be needed if it were a Sponsor/Petition IV, but not DV.

Are they being told to bring those documents "just in case"? Should I bring those documents just in case? If so, would it be helpful to bring any other supporting documents that I was not asked for (like IRS tax documents, SSN (since I have one already), etc.?

Thank You so much in advance.
It varies by embassy, my embassy took my original police certificates for example. I was not asked for an I-134, the officer(s) determined that based on my qualifications, I wouldn't be a public charge. I also live in a not low income country. If your embassy typically asks for these things (common in some low income countries), then take them. If you already live in the US (based on your ssn comment), wouldn't AOS be a better method for you?