• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello dear @Sm1smom , I have a question about the Social media section in my DS260. I am a DV 2023 winner with cn AF43K.

When filling out the social media section in my DS260, I input Instagram & TikTok because they are the ones I use most. I haven't put Facebook.

I personally don't think this is gonna be a problem because they haven't told us to input above a minimum number of social media platforms.
I also don't want to unlock coz I again don't think this will be a problem.

But I would like to get your perspective on this on what you think I have to do moving forward. Can this be a big problem or am I just overthinking it?
They ask for social media used in the last five years - defining used as “websites [where] you collaborate, share information, and interact with others.” If you’re sure you haven’t done anything at all on FB in the last five years, maybe you’re right and it doesn’t matter. With that said, Facebook is usually not as anonymous as other platforms and it’s likely your profile is easily found if there’s any identifying information or pictures of you on it, so I would tread carefully. Your case number is high, what do you lose by unlocking?

Hello dear @Sm1smom , I have a question about the Social media section in my DS260. I am a DV 2023 winner with cn AF43K.

When filling out the social media section in my DS260, I input Instagram & TikTok because they are the ones I use most. I haven't put Facebook.

I personally don't think this is gonna be a problem because they haven't told us to input above a minimum number of social media platforms.
I also don't want to unlock coz I again don't think this will be a problem.

But I would like to get your perspective on this on what you think I have to do moving forward. Can this be a big problem or am I just overthinking it?
If I was a DV selectee, I would completely follow the instructions as provided and not try to justify why I’m not providing certain information as required. Even if I no longer have posting on any of the social media platforms I’ve used in the past, I would still list them, since I’m not afraid of them discovery anything unpleasant about me that I’m trying to hide from them. FaceBook in particular is an easy platform for the authorities to discover if I’ve had a presence there in the past or currently still do. And in this digital age, nothing is actually truly deleted.

This is my perspective on what I think I would have done.

Hi Mom, Oops I did not know that. Son is studying and it's a bit difficult to take longer breaks while the semester is progressing, hence the reason for the short visit. But my CN is current in Jan and hopefully, the interview would be latest around March from what I have read so far. But not sure how things will progress. I am still new to this whole process and still struggling with the first steps, so I did not see that as an issue. Thanks so much
So as soon as you get your IL, plan on booking the medical appointments as close to the interview date as possible. He comes in a couple of days before the interview, you all complete the medical and attend the interview together, wait to get back the passports and he flies back to Canada while you plan on when you get to go to the US before the visas expire.

They ask for social media used in the last five years - defining used as “websites [where] you collaborate, share information, and interact with others.” If you’re sure you haven’t done anything at all on FB in the last five years, maybe you’re right and it doesn’t matter. With that said, Facebook is usually not as anonymous as other platforms and it’s likely your profile is easily found if there’s any identifying information or pictures of you on it, so I would tread carefully. Your case number is high, what do you lose by unlocking?
Does unlocking and resubmitting within a day cause a delay? Or does it matter what specifically was added onto the ds-260 that may cause delay.

Anecdotal evidence shows that minor changes are processed quicker than major changes (like biographical information). At the end of the day if the changes must be made, you can’t be worrying about delays as it’s more important your DS260 is complete and accurate.

AV queue is when a case is processed and current but is waiting for an interview slot from the embassy.

Hi,
We will have our interview soon, my wife has married before and one of documents I found is Marriage Termination Document but we don't have that document as in my country they will take that document before we marriage again.

Is it important and we should do/ prepare something about it or will be enough to explain it to the interviewer?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
We will have our interview soon, my wife has married before and one of documents I found is Marriage Termination Document but we don't have that document as in my country they will take that document before we marriage again.

Is it important and we should do/ prepare something about it or will be enough to explain it to the interviewer?

Thanks in advance.
A divorce or death certificate is required from an applicant who was previously married. What is the name of your country when the divorced certificate gets taken by the officials in order to get married again?

A divorce or death certificate is required from an applicant who was previously married. What is the name of your country when the divorced certificate gets taken by the officials in order to get married again?
Thanks for your answer, it's Iran

Having done some preliminary research, the rate of processing ds-260s seems to be slower than the rate of increase in Visa bulletin. The January VB for instance has come when quite a number of current cases are yet to be interviewed, for my region at least. Thoughts?

Having done some preliminary research, the rate of processing ds-260s seems to be slower than the rate of increase in Visa bulletin. The January VB for instance has come when quite a number of current cases are yet to be interviewed, for my region at least. Thoughts?
You could give a bit of context to your hypothesis. Which region? Your case, and when you submitted your DS260. Did you ask if your DS was processed?

I am monitoring for a relative (AF16XXX). Their case will be current in January. From previous cases that I have seen on this forum, they should have received (or will be receiving) their 2NL shortly. But hey, it's a good problem to have; there are millions of applicants that did not make it this far...so, maybe we just have to wait.

I
You could give a bit of context to your hypothesis. Which region? Your case, and when you submitted your DS260. Did you ask if your DS was processed?

I am monitoring for a relative (AF16XXX). Their case will be current in January. From previous cases that I have seen on this forum, they should have received (or will be receiving) their 2NL shortly. But hey, it's a good problem to have; there are millions of applicants that did not make it this far...so, maybe we just have to wait.
Submitted my ds-260s in early July, AF69**. Yet to receive 2nl..there are some from my country(Kenya) who submitted in May and are yet to get 2nl..I am current for December, but kcc told me they are still processing...but yeah, I suppose it's a good problem to have

Hello, I am following the forum for quite some time and thank you for all the valuable information you all are providing.

I am wondering if there is anyone with same region/country/current got scheduled for an interview.

EU7xxx, current in January , country France,Ds-260 submitted mid-May, yet to receive 2NL.

Thank you !

If I was a DV selectee, I would completely follow the instructions as provided and not try to justify why I’m not providing certain information as required. Even if I no longer have posting on any of the social media platforms I’ve used in the past, I would still list them, since I’m not afraid of them discovery anything unpleasant about me that I’m trying to hide from them. FaceBook in particular is an easy platform for the authorities to discover if I’ve had a presence there in the past or currently still do. And in this digital age, nothing is actually truly deleted.

This is my perspective on what I think I would have done.
Thank you @clefs_games_0f and @Sm1smom for my clarifying my issue and clearly showing me that unlocking won't cause a problem.

I have now unlocked my DS260 and have made the necessary revisions. I have included all my social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.

I then re-submitted the form within 1 hour after its unlocking. I hope it gets processed asap before the end of the year.

Thank you for the amazing support.

Hello,
I’ve a friend from Somalia who won the DV 2023 with a case #19xxx. His interview location will be Nairobi, Kenya but the US embassy in Kenya doesn’t accept Somalia high school or degree certificates and his application will be rejected if he does his interview in Kenya. Many DV winners from Somalia have this problem. He moved to Djibouti and he’s trying to change his interview location to Djibouti since the US embassy in Djibouti accepts Somalia high school certifies. But KCC is rejecting to unlock his DS-260 form so that he can update his address or transfer his case to Djibouti because his case number is current now. Also, Djibouti Embassy doesn’t accept case transfers from Kenya.
Appreciate if anyone from this forum have any idea/suggestion how my friend can overcome this problem and move his case to another embassy? Thank you.

Hello,
I’ve a friend from Somalia who won the DV 2023 with a case #19xxx. His interview location will be Nairobi, Kenya but the US embassy in Kenya doesn’t accept Somalia high school or degree certificates and his application will be rejected if he does his interview in Kenya. Many DV winners from Somalia have this problem. He moved to Djibouti and he’s trying to change his interview location to Djibouti since the US embassy in Djibouti accepts Somalia high school certifies. But KCC is rejecting to unlock his DS-260 form so that he can update his address or transfer his case to Djibouti because his case number is current now. Also, Djibouti Embassy doesn’t accept case transfers from Kenya.
Appreciate if anyone from this forum have any idea/suggestion how my friend can overcome this problem and move his case to another embassy? Thank you.
Hello, @AdoonAlle I completely understand everything you have shared here coz I'm also a DV 2023 winner from Somalia who will have his interview at the Nairobi embassy. I'm personally not affected by this because I have Education papers from Uganda & won't have a problem at my interview.

But I greatly want to help my people and that's why I have contacted Jesse Bless. He is an Immigration lawyer who has massively helped DV 2022/21 winners with lawsuits he carried out. He is also a very close friend of @Britsimon

I shared with him all the facts showing him that the Nairobi embassy clearly refuses any documents from Somalia.

He then got back to me with great news. Mr. Bless is willing to make a group lawsuit against the Nairobi embassy in an attempt to help Somali DV 2023 winners who are relying on education or work documents from or obtained from Somalia to satisfy the DV requirements.

He has made an interest sign-up page where Somali winners affected by this can join the lawsuit. And of course, there will be costs involved. The more people we can get to sign up the better.
I want to share with you the link to the Lawsuit page, but the forum thinks am spam and isn't allowing me to post the link here. I don't know what to do.

Transferring cases to other embassies is also a difficult thing as neighboring embassies don’t want to backlog their systems by accepting more people that are not in their assigned territory. Also, KCC doesn’t want to get involved in these. And that's why I decided to help my people so that they can get their Visas. And if we win this case, all future Somali winners won't have to face this problem.

And again, I personally don't benefit anything from this, but I contacted Jesse Bless so that people like you can benefit from your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and get your Visa.

The forum isn't allowing me to share the link. Need help from an admin.

I hope that helps walal(brother).

Last edited:
Hello, @AdoonAlle I completely understand everything you have shared here coz I'm also a DV 2023 winner from Somalia who will have his interview at the Nairobi embassy. I'm personally not affected by this because I have Education papers from Uganda & won't have a problem at my interview.

But I greatly want to help my people and that's why I have contacted Jesse Bless. He is an Immigration lawyer who has massively helped DV 2022/21 winners with lawsuits he carried out. He is also a very close friend of @Britsimon

I shared with him all the facts showing him that the Nairobi embassy clearly refuses any documents from Somalia.

He then got back to me with great news. Mr. Bless is willing to make a group lawsuit against the Nairobi embassy in an attempt to help Somali DV 2023 winners who are relying on education or work documents from or obtained from Somalia to satisfy the DV requirements.

He has made an interest sign-up page where Somali winners affected by this can join the lawsuit. And of course, there will be costs involved. The more people we can get to sign up the better.
I want to share with you the link to the Lawsuit page, but the forum thinks am spam and isn't allowing me to post the link here. I don't know what to do.

Transferring cases to other embassies is also a difficult thing as neighboring embassies don’t want to backlog their systems by accepting more people that are not in their assigned territory. Also, KCC doesn’t want to get involved in these. And that's why I decided to help my people so that they can get their Visas. And if we win this case, all future Somali winners won't have to face this problem.

And again, I personally don't benefit anything from this, but I contacted Jesse Bless so that people like you can benefit from your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and get your Visa.

I hope that helps walal(brother).
Thanks Kamal for contacting Lawyer Jesse Bless and sharing all facts regarding the Nairobi embassy refusal to accept documents from Somalia. I send you a message to your inbox and we can discuss more on this issue.

Br

I hope that helps walal(brother)
Thanks bro kamal for going out of your way and bringing this to public. Continue bravo