• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, I had a question about my DS-260 that I completed and submitted back in June.

I can see that my application is marked as "complete" but when I hover over the "complete" status I get the following message (also in screenshot attached):
"The IV Application (form DS-260) has been submitted for this applicant. It will be reviewed when you have submitted all supporting documentation."

Is it normal to have this message displayed? I understood that this year there has been no supporting documentation submission requirement yet, so I'm confused as to why it mentions supporting documentation. My case number is high (EU28XXX) and likely won't be reached until the summer, if at all, but I want to make sure I have everything in order.

Does the DS-260 only get reviewed once your case number goes current? Or is there any notification or change in status before that to say your DS-260 has been processed?

Thanks for your help. And I'm so happy to have discovered this forum - it has been so helpful reading through the threads!View attachment 3846
I suspect this is a software developer's leftover bug following recent revisions. I saw that tooltiptext as well, but knew that document submission is no longer required. I think you do have everything n order, and you do not need to submit any documents at this time.

I suspect this is a software developer's leftover bug following recent revisions. I saw that tooltiptext as well, but knew that document submission is no longer required. I think you do have everything n order, and you do not need to submit any documents at this time.
As has already been indicated, the DS260 is required for all immigrant visas. For almost all of the other visa types, document submission is required by NVC. It is one of a number of instances where systems are not changed from their default to account for the tiny percentage of immigrant visas that are made up by DV.

Hi Everyone
I am a DV2023 winner AS4xxx from Sri Lanka and submitted my DS260 only recently. I have my husband, son and daughter as derivatives.
1. I got confirmation of DS260 submission from CEAC for all except my daughter. Does this mean there is an issue with her DS260? I received the confirmation emails during the course of 1 week of submission.

2. My son who is a derivative is currently in Canada for studies and I entered the interview location in DS260 as Canada as it allowed me to do so. Is it possible for him to get an interview location in Canada or does he have to come to Sri Lanka to accompany me when my interview is scheduled?

Thank you so much. Please help

I am EU applicant and applied with Polish passport.

When filling Ds260 i selected that I am dual citizen and have Canadian citizenship but I didn't fill passport number since I didn't have Canadian passport yet. I received my first Canadian Passport 10 days ago. Since this is new passport that is not from my country of eligibility is this a valid reason to unlock Ds-260 and add the number or it's safe to provide the number during interview?

Hi Everyone
I am a DV2023 winner AS4xxx from Sri Lanka and submitted my DS260 only recently. I have my husband, son and daughter as derivatives.
1. I got confirmation of DS260 submission from CEAC for all except my daughter. Does this mean there is an issue with her DS260? I received the confirmation emails during the course of 1 week of submission.

2. My son who is a derivative is currently in Canada for studies and I entered the interview location in DS260 as Canada as it allowed me to do so. Is it possible for him to get an interview location in Canada or does he have to come to Sri Lanka to accompany me when my interview is scheduled?

Thank you so much. Please help
1. I don’t think so.
2. No, it is not possible for your son to have a separate interview in Canada. He will need to join you and the rest of the family in Sri Lanka for the interview.

I am EU applicant and applied with Polish passport.

When filling Ds260 i selected that I am dual citizen and have Canadian citizenship but I didn't fill passport number since I didn't have Canadian passport yet. I received my first Canadian Passport 10 days ago. Since this is new passport that is not from my country of eligibility is this a valid reason to unlock Ds-260 and add the number or it's safe to provide the number during interview?
If you don’t have anything else to update on the DS260 form, I don’t think you need to unlock the form for this reason alone.

1. Is it safe to say that KCC will have finished processing majority of the ds-260s by January?
2. What is an AV queue?

For the interview, do they require DS260 confirmation pages for the principal applicant and each of the derivatives or just for the principal applicant?

For the interview, do they require DS260 confirmation pages for the principal applicant and each of the derivatives or just for the principal applicant?
I feel like a stuck record repeatedly telling people to read the instructions for selectees.

It very clearly says each applicant.

It’s a bit annoying when people expect answers for questions that are clearly and easily obtainable by looking somewhere you already know you’re supposed to look. Don’t be surprised if similar questions get ignored in future, at least by me.

Hi, I am a DV 2023 winner with case number 2023AF2K. Spent more than a year in China some time back but now back in Ghana (Home Country). Have been trying to get a police certificate from China for some time now but its been a rather slow and hectic process. My interview is in a week's time.
1. What are the implications for my case if I get the police certificate after my interview. (chances are, this is how things will go)
2. How would you advice I handle this situation. (at the interview I mean). What do I tell the CO when asked.

Hi, I am a DV 2023 winner with case number 2023AF2K. Spent more than a year in China some time back but now back in Ghana (Home Country). Have been trying to get a police certificate from China for some time now but its been a rather slow and hectic process. My interview is in a week's time.
1. What are the implications for my case if I get the police certificate after my interview. (chances are, this is how things will go)
2. How would you advise I handle this situation. (at the interview I mean). What do I tell the CO when asked.
1. You’ll be placed on administrative processing until you can get the police certificate to the embassy.
2. Um, the truth?

I feel like a stuck record repeatedly telling people to read the instructions for selectees.

It very clearly says each applicant.

It’s a bit annoying when people expect answers for questions that are clearly and easily obtainable by looking somewhere you already know you’re supposed to look. Don’t be surprised if similar questions get ignored in future, at least by me.
I respectfully submit that I find your response annoyingly insulting. If you have nothing constructive to contribute to a question, the free world we live in dictates that nice people would refrain from hurling non-constructive comments that only serve to cause divisions

Nonetheless, I do my research before I ask. And, I only asked because I did not find an accurate answer to my question. If you look at the link you cited, it reads:

Each applicant will be required to present the following:
  • DS-260 confirmation page....
  • Passport(s) valid for six months ... for you and each family member applying for a visa.
While the first point specifically points to an applicant (which to me meant the principal applicant), the second seems to reinforce my thinking by explicitly referring to a "you" (the applicant) and each member of the family. So, based on my understanding, this seems to imply that only the principal applicant presents the confirmation page. And, because I was not sure if I understood it right, I asked for others' opinions. And, of course, you found it worth your while to throw in your cute response :(

IMHO, this is a forum to help each other, not to try to show off one's intellectual balls (pardon my french) on immigration issues :(

I respectfully submit that I find your response annoyingly insulting. If you have nothing constructive to contribute to a question, the free world we live in dictates that nice people would refrain from hurling non-constructive comments that only serve to cause divisions

Nonetheless, I do my research before I ask. And, I only asked because I did not find an accurate answer to my question. If you look at the link you cited, it reads:

Each applicant will be required to present the following:
  • DS-260 confirmation page....
  • Passport(s) valid for six months ... for you and each family member applying for a visa.
While the first point specifically points to an applicant (which to me meant the principal applicant), the second seems to reinforce my thinking by explicitly referring to a "you" (the applicant) and each member of the family. So, based on my understanding, this seems to imply that only the principal applicant presents the confirmation page. And, because I was not sure if I understood it right, I asked for others' opinions. And, of course, you found it worth your while to throw in your cute response :(

IMHO, this is a forum to help each other, not to try to show off one's intellectual balls (pardon my french) on immigration issues :(
Right, I’m done here, sorry mom but I really have better things to do with my time than deal with this bullshit. Please don’t ask me to return again, because as I saw from last time it’s ok for a while when I’ve had a long break and then all this starts up again. @Sm1smom , I’m very impressed that you continue to deal with these people year in and year out but I’ve had it. Good luck to everyone, hope you all successfully get your DVs.

The issue is many of us are soo green in this process,we end up asking questions which seem routine, even annoying at times, bear with us kindly. The help is very much appreciated though, but let's seek to understand where each is coming from. I've definitely gained alot from this and other forums.

Couple of posts have been deleted for being unnecessary pile ons. I recognize and respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their personal opinions, however when those opinions are being expressed as “pile ons”, they ultimately derail the thread, hence the reason for the deleted posts. All forum members are encouraged to speak up and address issues directly with the member concerned when the issue happens, and not after the fact. The two members involved with the above issue have already said their piece both publicly in the forum (and via PM with me) and moved on from it. Other forum members need to do the same also.

~ ~ Moderator ~ ~

Hi guys, I just don't get why ds-260 processing is not done by case number, but rather by submission date. Having submitted my ds-260s in July,and being current for December,I was expecting 2nl by now. All the same, might anyone know when KCC normally finishes processing majority of their cases?

Hi guys, I just don't get why ds-260 processing is not done by case number, but rather by submission date. Having submitted my ds-260s in July,and being current for December,I was expecting 2nl by now. All the same, might anyone know when KCC normally finishes processing majority of their cases?
Is your DS260 not already processed? Have you confirmed with KCC?

Hi everyone,

1. I've recently discovered that I have a couple of old email addresses that I was using a while back. I still have access to them but don't use them (only get some spam messages occasionally). Do you think it makes sense to unlock DS-260 to add those addresses?
2. I've also discovered an old instagram account that i created just for fun (to browse a bit), didn't post any content, though. I didn't add that account to my DS-260. So, I deleted the account but that was after I had submitted my DS-260. Do you think this could be a problem?

My CN is 2023EU30k.

Thank you!

Last edited: