• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hey guys, I am not current yet, however, I have a question with regards to vaccinations.
I have checked with the doctor responsible for approving the medical report in my country and he highlighted 3 vaccinations that I have to take within a 1 month period (they should be spaced out for medical reasons).
Accordingly, he recommended that I should go forward with the vaccinations (high cost) before getting my 2NL. What do you guys think? is the period between 2NL and interview sufficient to squeeze in these vaccinations?
Which specific 3 vaccines did they say have multiple dosages which you have to take within 1 month period?

Which specific 3 vaccines did they say have multiple dosages which you have to take within 1 month period?
I need to start with TDAP vaccine and a week after I have to do the anti body test for the following:
MMR
Varicella
HGP-B
Anti body tests require 1 week for results, if there are no anti bodies, I would have to take the vaccines for them spaced out 4-5 days

I need to start with TDAP vaccine and a week after I have to do the anti body test for the following:
MMR
Varicella
HGP-B
Anti body tests require 1 week for results, if there are no anti bodies, I would have to take the vaccines for them spaced out 4-5 days
Not sure why the Panel Doctor you saw is telling you the vaccines need to be spaced out or that you need to do antibody tests first. Those vaccines can be administered the same day if you’re unable to present an existing vaccination card demonstrating you do not require new vaccines. Some selectees do the antibody tests in advance though (in place of presenting a vaccination card), and there’s no requirement to receive the TDAP vaccine first or that the antibody test needs to be carried out by the Panel Physician. I recommend you consider reaching out to another PP.

Hi guys, does a person with a low case number jump the AV queue once processed? Does he/she pass a person with a high case number?

Hi guys, does a person with a low case number jump the AV queue once processed? Does he/she pass a person with a high case number?
KCC says "Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing." So, essentially, what I read from this statement is that, once your DS260 is processed, interviews are scheduled based on your CN.

MMR
Varicella
HGP-B
I remember stating that I'm naturally immune to chickenpox to the panel physician. He suggested taking all the vaccines (listed above except for Vericella) and do an anti-body test for chickenpox. Since results would be available after my interview date, I decided to get all the vaccines on the same day and send proof of vaccination to the doctor's office.

KCC says "Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing." So, essentially, what I read from this statement is that, once your DS260 is processed, interviews are scheduled based on your CN.
Is there a way to tell when your DS-260 has been processed? I submitted mine back in May. When I log back in to the CEAC website it says "Completed" next to my name in the applicant information section and up the top of the page it says "Your case is currently at: KCC". But how do you tell if it has been processed? Do they process them as they are submitted or by case number? Maybe it's case number and even though I submitted mine super early as more get submitted with case numbers lower than mine they might keep getting pushed to the front of the queue. My case number is quite high for Oceania Region.

Hello, in DS-260, we need to add social media, including YouTube (if it's applicable). I don't have a YouTube channel, but I open YouTube with my gmail email address and watch videos. I can also leave a few likes or comment if I like something (happens very rare). Does this mean that I need to provide my YouTube? If so, please help me understand what exactly should be provided in this case. Thank you!
Lol. You don't have a Youtube Channel. That's what they are asking for. So kindly ignore that. Besides how would you list it?

Is there a way to tell when your DS-260 has been processed? I submitted mine back in May. When I log back in to the CEAC website it says "Completed" next to my name in the applicant information section and up the top of the page it says "Your case is currently at: KCC". But how do you tell if it has been processed? Do they process them as they are submitted or by case number? Maybe it's case number and even though I submitted mine super early as more get submitted with case numbers lower than mine they might keep getting pushed to the front of the queue. My case number is quite high for Oceania Region.
You will have to send an email to KCC if you want to want to check whether your case is processed or not.

You will have to send an email to KCC if you want to want to check whether your case is processed or not.

Hi there,
I have been scheduled for the interview on Jan 10 2023. recently I went for medical with our new born son who was less than two months old but at the hospital they have refused to take his medical by saying his name is not on the interview letter. and advised us that we need to get some sort of confirmation from the embassy to do this or we have to wait until interview day. could anyone suggest what could be the best option for us? and is there way we can get this done? thank you

Hi there,
I have been scheduled for the interview on Jan 10 2023. recently I went for medical with our new born son who was less than two months old but at the hospital they have refused to take his medical by saying his name is not on the interview letter. and advised us that we need to get some sort of confirmation from the embassy to do this or we have to wait until interview day. could anyone suggest what could be the best option for us? and is there way we can get this done? thank you
When did you receive the email from KCC?

Hi there,
Did you fill out a separate DS260 form for your baby?

Did you fill out a separate DS260 form for your baby?
I haven’t fill out DS 260 for my baby. he was born about 55 days ago and I filled mine in May 2022. how could I get his medical done before the interview? is it good to mail local embassy?

Hey,
I forgot about a number that I used 4 years ago, when I was living in a different country, my CN will be current in the coming VB, is there a way that I could fix that? Or what do you advise?

I haven’t fill out DS 260 for my baby. he was born about 55 days ago and I filled mine in May 2022. how could I get his medical done before the interview? is it good to mail local embassy?
about a month ago, but our baby was born about 2 months back and got his passport done a week ago. thanks
You can’t just show up with the baby for the medical exam in that case, the hospital was right by refusing to do the medical exam for the baby. You should have contacted the KCC to request they unlock you and your spouse’s DS260 forms to enable you update those with the baby’s information and subsequently created a separate DS260 for the baby. So right now, you need to contact the embassy to inform them about the baby and request the baby be added to your case.

You can’t just show up with the baby for the medical exam in that case, the hospital was right by refusing to do the medical exam for the baby. You should have contacted the KCC to request they unlock you and your spouse’s DS260 forms to enable you update those with the baby’s information and subsequently created a separate DS260 for the baby. So right now, you need to contact the embassy to inform them about the baby and request the baby be added to your case.
Hi, thanks for the reply and I could have done what you said but the problem here in my country that I won’t be able to get the passport straightaway due to the current situation. baby was born on last week of October and I have done the passport for him last week and medical for us. my interview appointment will be in 10th of January.

2023 EU 15***
Hello,
Thank you Sm1smom for your help on AOS forum. The next days I will try to catch up with CP processing and FTJ.

We didn't file DS 260 since is not processed for AOS. Now we have to change to CP so we send the DS this month or early January.

Q1. I was reading SimonBritssays and I understood that after January KCC will start processing faster the DS? That means we have a change to be proccesed before the VB start showing everybody current later on?
Considering we will be current soon but we will be processed late.

Q2. If others with AOS have a DS and they email KCC and request to change to CP, that is the day they start processing ..like in my case that I submitting for the first time?

Q3. Since I am in US I will put my current adress and ask to be interviewed at the consulate in my country- Romania?

Hi, thanks for the reply and I could have done what you said but the problem here in my country that I won’t be able to get the passport straightaway due to the current situation. baby was born on last week of October and I have done the passport for him last week and medical for us. my interview appointment will be in 10th of January.
Regardless of the difficulty with getting a passport in your country, you still could have done what I previously wrote you needed to have done. Baby’s DS260 could have been created and submitted as soon as the baby was born (without the baby’s passport). You could have used yours or your spouse’s passport information to submit the baby’s DS260 while waiting for the baby’s passport to be processed. If only you had asked!